trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't help but wonder if this defense was built around Samuels' theories. He was on the team during the "Ninja" defense. He said that he and Nurmi confronted JA about her Ninja story and was stopped by the DT from completing his comment. IMO, PTSD and battered woman self defense theory was suggested by Samuels as a better defense that he could help to build.

Has he testified to anything about Battered Woman Syndrome? Mercifully I've blocked out a lot of his testimony (fognesia). I thought he was going to, but it seems like he's put all his apples in the PTSD basket. Is that right?

LoL, I agree and I think that was me. I said she should stop letting her little girl dress her in the morning. It's a big improvement isn't it?

I like this look better. Not that I spend much time in my day thinking about NG's hairstyle, but still. And it's much better than the darn side ponytail phase she went through!

NG reporter stating Dr. Samuels sent JA greeting cards to cheer her up . . . .

Alexis Weed on NG saying juror asked 1 question . . . most jurors looked bored.

It's taped earlier in the day. It's not live. Shocker, I know. She is often way behind what is happening or how court ended.

They have to pause for commercials etc but for the viewers it's 'live' since we were not watching an online feed....

boy JM cut this guys credibility all to shreds!

Oh Boy! The box is full of questions! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back for more tomorrow~! :lol:

Tomorrow morning he starts grilling this dude again!!

I have a feeling that this cross will be shown in law schools for years and years and years to come. JMO

What do the lawyers think?

And Psych 101. Ethics

Just an observation on the live video stream today:

1. Has anyone noticed what appears to be a rather significant scar just above JA's left elbow. Wonder if that was from the murdering of TA?

2. When JA is not actively involved she seems to go a little catatonic at times - sort of an eerie blank stare for about a minute or more.

Wonder if the jury watches her carefully from time to time.

BBM

Sometimes when the camera is focused on just Jodi, I mistakenly think my livestream is FROZEN because she doesn't move a muscle, doesn't blink, just has a blank stare, like a statue....unless someone else comes into the shot I can't tell if my computer is frozen or not. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder who this witness is that can't be in court on Thursday? I thought after Samuels there was only the DV witness left. Surely this "Dr." won't be on the stand through Wednesday....

I was thinking Matt McCartney. Perhaps that is who Det. Flores interviewed last Thursday... :twocents:

:seeya: HLN does not air the trial live, from what I can tell ... I've watched some of it today and watching now ...

They are way behind because they have so many long commercials and then they have the THs comments ...

Oh, I think they might be doing this because they want to "bleep out" certain things ...

I was just talking about this on the other thread. At one point they were keeping up with Cnn/live. It seems when these talk shows come on they go back and revisit testimony. I was commenting on how HLN could keep up with Cnn with all the commercials.

I like this look better. Not that I spend much time in my day thinking about NG's hairstyle, but still. And it's much better than the darn side ponytail phase she went through!

IMO nobody over the age of 15 should wear a side pony, much less someone of NG's ahem "tender years". :floorlaugh:.

I feel bad for Samuels. I think that he was in over his head before he started. I think that he was taken with Jodi in a "man she is so sad kind of way."
I think he thought he was helping her.

But I think he was unprepared by his defense team. I think that lies completely on their shoulders not his. I think the used this man because they could not get another to say that Jodi had any mental issues..

He should not have been used in this case. It is not his specialty and he comes off, sadly , as not expert enough to be up there.

I do feel bad for him because it must be embarrassing what he is going through right now.

BBM
Why feel bad? This guy was reprimanded for his unethical behavior in a CUSTODY case. He messed with peoples' lives. This is Karma and it is Just.

p.s. the above sounds argumentative and I apologize for that.

Wish I had a shil doctor to send me a self help book when we move threads.....:sigh

:giggle:

How about sending Samuels,JA ,Nurmi, and Wilmott a copy of

Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World by Phil McGraw (Feb 12, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti