trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you mentioned this because it has been bother me as well. I can't make sense of it. She says it twice. I've even thought that maybe she threw it in there because she wanted JM to take the bait so that she could build a "new storyline". I don't know but it's beyond strange.

moo

I am positive Nurmi asked her who the 'we' was in direct, or redirect. She said her sister. I don't think she expounded on why her sister was with her and where she was dropping her off.

I apologise for not being able to provide a link, but even for you wonderful peeps, I cannot bring myself to listen to that cr*p again. I am positive it is in there somewhere.

That's possible. But I fear the jury may not buy that. They see this blood all over the bathroom and hallway, but almost none in the shower (just the postmortem blood after his body was removed). That doesn't look good.

Wasn't the water running in the shower when Travis was discovered dead?

MOO

That's possible. But I fear the jury may not buy that. They see this blood all over the bathroom and hallway, but almost none in the shower (just the postmortem blood after his body was removed). That doesn't look good.

It doesn't matter. It's splitting hairs over the sequence in which she savagely murdered him. The jury will find her guilty of first degree murder because all the evidence shows that is precisely what it was.

I don't find it hard to believe that JA stabbed him in the shower. Considering she most likely would have done the chest stabs very quickly with the shower door open. TA would have then jumped out and stumbled to the sink. In this scenario I don't think there would have been much blood spatter in the shower.
I doubt if TA would have jumped up turned around and say" oh crap, i'm bleeding" then gingerly step out after spraying blood all over the shower stall.
I don't know how I feel about the MEs conclusion but he has a lot more expertise than I so I will go with his conclusion. I also think if it was such a given then the DT would have their own expert refute his claims.
Seeing as they haven't leads me to think they couldn't find a Dr. willing to subject his credibility or career for this case.:moo:

ITA, I will add that I have no problem with the ME's conclusion. I will take his word over a known liar that has admitted to murder.

Lisa's
I agree! We all know this isn't juans first rodeo!
I've never seen a prosecutor like him. He works without notes! he has a photographic memory. Amazing how he pulls things out of his hat!
:seeya:

I am AMAZED by JM's work in the courtroom and TA's family seems to appreciate what he's doing and how he is doing it. If they aren't criticizing him, I'm certainly not going to. Personally, I would be hard-pressed to find a prosecutor I liked and admired more than Juan Martinez. He ROCKS! :rocker:

Even if one was to believe the PTSD diagnosis, Samuels was saying PTSD was caused by the killing, and was meant as a partial explanation of why JA "can't remember" stabbing Travis. I don't think anyone is trying to say she had PTSD before she murdered him.

JMO

Not yet. Once the DV expert gets up there I am sure that will be brought up. imo

Sorry, I'm just jumping in here. but it dawned on me that Samuels said he did all the testing etc. when she was still on the Ninja story and everything including the fog was based off that. My question is, during the Ninja story, she remembered Travis in the hall saying he couldn't move and that she should go get help.

If Samuels and Nurmi then told her to tell the truth they have to know that she has memories of the actual killing to come up with that scenario.

Ok, I'm way too consumed with this, I know. Just had to vent. Thanks for letting me.

After closer inspection with a bunch of ws'rs last night the folder is still there look above the white cups near the computer monitor and you will see it slide in there. But she did take something, a pencil, paperclip or note. If not it sure was a suspicious move!

She appeared to put something in her mouth while sitting there, small as in pill, and then took a drink of water. I would think if she needed medication she would have asked for it at lunchtime and she would not be permitted to self medicate. She could have been given a pill earlier and held onto it and decided it was a good time to take it in court. You can see when JM was talking about her journal entry about getting married and Travis cheating she was ready to lose it. JW puts her arm across looking at her while Jodi stares straight ahead at Samuels/JM with a dead look in her eyes. I think JW has seen that look before. Maybe JW was telling Jodi to cool it or she could get zapped. It does not appear JW said anything to her but it could have been under her breath. It could have been something else but it appears JW is holding onto or touching Jodi's arm. The look in Jodi's eyes, however, is unmistakable. jmo

Hey...I loved my Gremlin. Until the dashboard caught on fire, it was a great little car. :floorlaugh:

Mine was the puke green version. And my PSA for the day: If your dashboard catches on fire while you are driving on I95..PULL OVER. Beating out the flames as you are driving does nothing but cause you to cough.

Kelly

My husband was driving a Gremlin when I first met him. He made a BIG point of telling everybody his father had bought the car, because he hated the damn thing. It definitely was a hunk of junk. To top it all off, he was from Detroit, where having a cool car was a matter of pride. Eventually he bought a Mustang.

I'm seriously not telling ya'll what we just sold our Gremlin for, If I did, ya'll would be crying at not still having yours! We do still have our Javelin though :D

It's not that we men -- monolithic group that we are -- don't care, it's just that we know enough to leave being nosey to the experts, such as members of the Micromanaging Girl Mafia.

Union rules and all that.

Super late here, but you crack me up. Wicked sense of humor and whip smart.

I don't support Jodi. I'm disappointed with how the trial is unfolding. I want a conviction for premeditated murder but I feel that the points I outlined will be a big problem come deliberation time. Like her sequence of events that are more plausible than what the state is presenting. I'm not talking about her scooby doo run through the closet but the sequence of weapon attacks.

Might I ask how you felt about the nature and tone of the questions the jurors asked JA?

Sorry, I'm just jumping in here. but it dawned on me that Samuels said he did all the testing etc. when she was still on the Ninja story and everything including the fog was based off that. My question is, during the Ninja story, she remembered Travis in the hall saying he couldn't move and that she should go get help.

If Samuels and Nurmi then told her to tell the truth they have to know that she has memories of the actual killing to come up with that scenario.

Ok, I'm way too consumed with this, I know. Just had to vent. Thanks for letting me.

Absolutely....makes sense doesn't it. Well, to you, me and most of the people here on WS's.

Let me say it again:

Martinez has not even put on his case....so just wait for rebuttal, where it has been said by those who know him, where he puts all his cards on the table! I have no doubts in Martinez there is no other prosecutor I have seen that I would want to represent my family....I would like to see those who criticize him do his job. He is passionate and takes it personally so if that is crime then he is guilty. For anyone who doubts him, I cannot help but think they are letting their own fears take control and after the injustice we have seen in past trials they cannot "allow" themselves to be let down again. I understand that, it is hard to lose faith in your own justice system but I have to believe that your faith will be renewed by the one you least expect to renew it! Martinez and this very professional jury who has shown get seriousness in their job.

ita!

Martinez does not have an easy job... those that criticize him must not understand what is going on or what they are watching. Pay attention... that's all you have to do - then you will see how brilliant Mr.Martinez is! :twocents:

I think juan is brilliant. It's annoying to have the same people !!! repeating themselves over and over! Criticizing Martinez!! The man that is doing everything he can to get justice for travis family. I suspect we are getting people from the support jodi site
Trying to put Martinez down.!!
I'm ignoring these negative vibes!
Juan rocks!

He is a role model for me and always will be. He is the epitome of the real American dream. Compare this to Arias who is worthless, stupid and evil.

Saying that the jury will acquit Jodi because the State's theory of the GSW v. the stabbing might be incorrect over simplifies the issue. The jury can believe the State's version, Jodi's version, or their own version. All they have to be is convinced beyond a reasonable doubt... that doesn't mean that they necessarily agree with either side.

You make a very good point.

Also, don't forget the instructions they receive prior to deliberation. From what I understand, these instructions will be very important with JA pleading not guilty by reason of self-defense.

This particular poster is also ignoring other important facts :

1) Arias admitted to killing Travis
2) Arias drove 1,000 miles to kill Travis while trying to cover her tracks
3) Arias covered her tracks AFTER the murder
4) Arias is a proven liar

That alone covers the premeditation ...

The heinous nature of the crime covers the potential recommendation for the DP.

I'm not ignoring it. But for a lot of people, it's just not enough to convince them that a *woman* premeditated this murder (especially since they had sex that day). The evidence of planning they attribute to "freak coincidences". Her attempt at covering her tracks they attribute to the "understandable fear" of a battered woman going to prison. We just had two jurors from a mock jury vote to acquit her. That should NEVER happen with this kind of evidence for premeditation.

BBM by me. Snipped for space.

Regarding the first bold, the water was running, the blood splatter would be washed away.

Second bold, I was an ER nurse for over 20 years, in between being a CCU nurse. There is no way the GSW was first. If he had been shot first, the heart pumping would have caused immediate swelling of the forehead and eyelids, besides the fact that he would have slumped over immediately in an unconscious state. I have seen too many GSW wounds like the one Travis had and not one of them were conscious or able to make a lunge as JA reported.

Nope, don't believe it. The fact that he was stabbed in the superior vena cava caused him to extravasate into his chest cavaty losing heart pump ability, therefore, circulating blood would have stopped and thus no swelling in the temporal facial area. With a pumping heart, every GSW has immediately swelling in this area, it is the way the body works. Travis did not have this. Read the autopsy report, the ME was totally correct in his evaluation.

I just want to double thank you....NO, I take that back triple thank you:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member