trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that this testimony is too disconnected from the case to have much of an impact, for the state or the defense. I'm still shocked at the tameness of this witness. I expected a character trashing like no other but instead we get a lecture about DV in a broad sense.

She's not that tame; just very good at sticking to the script in a subliminal kind of way.

Not too popular with her peers right now, I would bet.

If Wilmont is going to review the history of abused children, probably starting with Cain and Abel, what are the chances JM will be even get close to begin questions before next Tuesday? For what? Anecdotal generalizations?

Actually I think Juan will be extremely successful using hypotheticals with this witness.

I feel that this testimony is too disconnected from the case to have much of an impact, for the state or the defense. I'm still shocked at the tameness of this witness. I expected a character trashing like no other but instead we get a lecture about DV in a broad sense.

You need to read between the lies...I mean lines....

Her testimony was brutal towards Travis....at least Imo.

See ya tomorrow....I have to go and clean my brain now.

here you go

Bleach.jpg

Can you imagine tuning in and seeing your therapist put your story out there as an example? Maybe with your husband who didn't know you told her about his triple sized martinis?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

she continues to talk about alcoholics, and drinkers..,and child abuse.

Not every Alcoholic and Drug Addict are abusive; however, Abusive People have a very high Percentage (85% - 90%) of Alcohol and / or Drugs involved in abuse.

Professional Opinion, research shows this and clinical experience.

The Jalapeno-Cilantro Martini (Juantini?) I had a few of these at Chute club at the HLSRodeo refreshing with a little bite to it.

Ingredients
makes four 4 oz drinks

10-12 cilantro leaves
4 oz fresh sour mix (recipe below)
4 oz jalapeno syrup (recipe below)
8 oz high quality vodka

Muddle cilantro leaves in a shaker and add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker. Shake with ice until very chilled. Strain into sugar-rimmed martini glasses.

SOUR MIX
Combine equal amounts of freshly squeezed lemon juice and freshly squeezed lime juice.

JALAPENO SYRUP
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
5-6 jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced

In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves (mixture will go from cloudy to clear). Bring to a boil and add sliced jalapenos. Return to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes then turn off heat. Taste syrup to see if it tastes strongly enough of jalapeno. You can steep the jalapenos longer to get a stronger flavor. Pour through a strainer and let syrup cool.

Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator it will last about a week. Jalapeno flavor and spice will get stronger as the syrup ages.

Dianne Downs, move over. You have a new cellmate.

Remember Diane's song? She sang along when it played in court.

Duran Duran Hungry Like The Wolf Lyrics
Songwriters: Taylor, Roger Andrew / Le Bon, Simon / Rhodes, Nick / Taylor, John / Taylor, Andy
Dark in the city night is a wire
Steam in the subway earth is afire
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
Woman you want me give me a sign
And catch my breathing even closer behind

In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
Smell like I sound I'm lost in a crowd.
And I'm hungry like the wolf.
Straddle the line in discord and rhyme
I'm on the hunt I'm after you.
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And I'm hungry like the wolf

Stalked in the forest too close to hide
I'll be upon you by the moonlight side
High blood Drumming on your skin it's so tight
You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind

In touch with the ground
Scent and a sound. I'm lost and I'm found
Strut on a line it's discord and rhyme
I howl and I whine I'm after you
Mouth is alive all running inside

Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf

Burning the ground I break from the crowd
I smell like I sound. I'm lost and I'm found
Strut on a line it's discord and rhyme
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
Hungry Like The Wolf lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

and Jodi has Here with Me by dido

Dear Willy (and Nurmi),

I am taking my Mom on vacation to Buenos Aires. She is beside herself with excitement. I would feel really bad if I had to change the dates of our trip. We plan to fly out from SFO on May 11.

Do you think you could speed it up a bit. I do not want to be in another continent before Mr Martinez presents his rebuttal.

Thank you. You looked real nice today.

Your friend,
Mobius99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads