trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are absolutely right. Our courts are so backed up that often innocent people pay the consequences.

My point is this: didn't we as parents teach our children right from wrong...follow the rules, be it at school or home or at the home of friends or relatives. And if you don't follow the rules, there are consequences. Unfortunately for JA she chose to break the rules in a county where the "boss" has established some pretty harsh rules.

I know this sounds narrow minded, but I was raised to respect authority and because I wasn't always a perfect child, I suffered the consequences if I chose to disobey. My children knew the definition of "responsibility" and "consequences" at a very early age.

JA obviously, from everything we have learned, had very little supervision and made her own rules. She now finds herself living someplace where the rules are established and she has no choice but to abide by those rules.

I mean no disrespect to you personally and I certainly respect your opinion.

I don't recall learning this. Do you have a link?

After a long day thought I go to HLN and see what happened today, just to find out nothing. What I didn't understand is the media reporting nothing happened today. They actually are making show after show about nothing. Reminds me of Seinfeld.

Apparently its breaking news about jodis headache...
:what:
And here I thought they had interns reading websleuths 24/7:what:

2600 calories/day is on the high end of recommended daily caloric intake.
So divide her morning platter of food up - and send her to court with a sack lunch consisting of part of her daily food.
***just make sure the jail deputies are the ones handling & distributing the sack lunch. I don't trust JA one iota - that she might try to write super-secret-squirrel coded messages on the paper bag or on a banana skin***

edit to add source of calorie info.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/360444-daily-recommended-caloric-intake-for-women/
Below is recommended daily caloric intake (for women).
Even the top #'s of calories (which are for ACTIVE women) are lower than the
2600 calories JA is fed each day.
RECOMMENDATIONS
The number of calories a woman needs daily varies according to age. Younger women generally need more calories than older women, as they tend to have more muscle mass and be more active. A woman aged 19 to 30 years needs
between 2,000 and 2,400 calories daily. A woman aged 31 to 50 years needs 1,800 to 2,200 calories daily. Women over age 51 need 1,600 to 2,200 calories daily.
ACTIVITY LEVEL
If you are inactive, you should consume less than the recommended daily calorie consumption. Active women, defined as those that perform physical activity equivalent to 1.5 to 3 miles of brisk walking per day, should aim for the middle of the calorie range. Very active women, those who move the equivalent of 3 miles or more daily, should aim for the highest end of the range.

thanks...and someplace in the recesses of my mind I remember her saying she gave away her cookies...help me out please....does someone else remember that as well??? :please::please:

Did I just hear this right? That the killer is claiming she is being made to wake up too early for court.

Is it possible that Jodi used rope on Travis in some way - to restrain him or move his body? If she disposed of it, it must have had his blood or DNA on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebutter View Post
I doubt there was any rope, even though I think I remember seeing a tiny piece of rope, about 3 or 4 inches, in a crime scene photo. I will try to look again for it. Yet it seems the police didn't find any rope? and JA says she threw it away, you know during the fog that didn't exist.

I suspect she made the rope up to go along with one of the stories LaViolette will be telling about abuse victims and how they just go along with everything.

For those of us that are left on the board today, I have a question for anyone. These two pics show a tiny piece of rope, but I don't see any references for the pics??

I've tried to upload them here, will see if it works. I'm just wondering what these pics are? Looks to be on TA staircase?? Anyone have a comment? Were these ever discussed anywhere? Thank you.:seeya:

The reason they're using the rope lie is to get a knife upstairs. I think those fibers found gave them the idea.

Ok.. gotta comment on this one...

When I was maybe 7ish Best of Blondie came out on 8 TRACK (ugh) my Dad thought she was the greatest things since well at least Linda Carter WW..

We took a family trip to Daytona Beach in our Van with carpet on the ceiling, 4 captains chairs & the couch that folded down to a bed in back.. We had a CB Radio & a Fuzz Buster that was a wooden box with what looked like a big red Christmas light on top..

I remember listening to BofB playing my Simon game all the way down I-75!! Bet we listened to BofB 100x's!!!

I've always thought it squewed my view of relationships as an adult LMAO!! :floorlaugh:

Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars

Abba, Blondie, Stevie Nicks...
maybe they did for me too... hee hee

Aww poor JA is fuming about not getting enough sleep! bull honky!
She is going to try and mess up the states case/time

:loveyou:
Karmady...azlawyer...and all of our verified experts--we are blessed to have you guys (girls?)...people!
:thanks:

Just to be clear. I'm not a verified anything. I'm just a chick who lives near the courthouse and doesn't much enjoy speculation if I can find out the answer for sure. :) I can verify the lunch special today, though, if that helps lol

Didn't they mention these pieces to be the tassles that were on the throw pillows?

They didn't say because I think once the defense brought up the rope the state will prove what it is in their rebuttal. jmo

I love beth karas! Be sure and watch her on JVM

O' I think I just heard Beth Karas imply that it's Donovan who is the mouthpiece on this early rising complaint.

After a long day thought I go to HLN and see what happened today, just to find out nothing. What I didn't understand is the media reporting nothing happened today. They actually are making show after show about nothing. Reminds me of Seinfeld.

A show about nothing ...
Isn't that the truth.
HLN is notorious for speculating and jazzing-up whatever happens in the courtroom when *there is actual trial occurring*.

I'm keeping my remote control clear of clicking on any HLN coverage tonight.
With absolutely NOTHING for HLN to report on due to cancelled court today ... I expect they wil be gushing all over themselves - in wild speculation & tea leaf readings from every TH they can book for tonight.

I love Beth Karas :) she keeps it real 24/7... She isn't obnoxious... I can't understand how JVM has a show and not Beth Karas!! Oi!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Oh and then if someone can translate the hearing- I only understood the media atty. Please & thank you.:please:

Can she get a mistrial due to lack of sleep and food if she claims it diminished her ability to participate in her case? No doubt she'd love a do-over, anything to put off date with that pesky needle.

The reason they're using the rope lie is to get a knife upstairs. I think those fibers found gave them the idea.

okay, more of the defense using the evidence to make up a story. I always thought using a knife on the rope game was a little stupid, seemed to me you would just use scissors, especially in your bedroom where you just might not have a large knife.

I suspect if anybody got a rope used on them it was Travis being tied up and then left in a position to be killed and unable to help himself. Such a horrible case and such a horrible killer JA.

Didn't they mention these pieces to be the tassles that were on the throw pillows?

That's what I thought they were but I don't think anyone knows. That's why the DT latched onto them, IMO.

I don't have any idea how it works out there but my ex-BF was a homicide detective in TX for 35 years. He had to choose so many pieces of his best evidence to send off for testing. The city didn't have the money to test everything. He may have collected 200 pieces of evidence, but he could only test a fraction of those items.

Not saying that's why the fibers weren't tested in this case. Just suggesting the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115