trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WildAboutTrial

Just got to the #JodiArias courtroom. Wow, it's packed full of lawyers, inmates and family. Judge is hearing many other cases at the moment.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Just got to the #JodiArias courtroom. Wow, it's packed full of lawyers, inmates and family. Judge is hearing many other cases at the moment.

I know, I know, I watch too much TV, but are there any criminologists out there?

If it were just the stabbing of TA, I could see possibly trying to say Travis was killed in a moment of rage.

But the slitting of his throat was savage and sadistic. Combined with the gunshot, it blows the rage theory for me because these actions are distinctly different, counter to my idea of blinding rage. Using a knife was so personal.

I do believe that she left CA fully intending to slaughter him in the most gruesome way possible.

And the way she left his body?

It’s obvious I’m not a criminologist, but I can’t ignore that this killing of TA is not a good example of premeditated murder. ……the violence involved in the bloody crime scene and the excessive wounds seem more a crime of passion and absence of forethought. In addition, the haphazard cleaning up of the crime scene does nothing to bolster premeditation. Makes me wonder why, at the very beginning, JA didn’t just plead guilty to reaching her breaking point, admit she snapped and be found guilty of second degree murder instead of telling those unbelievable stories.

This girl on HLN reading Jodi's journals is cracking me up........ Smileeeeeeeeeeey Face, Froownnnnnny Face! :lol:

Me too...I think the Sweet Valley High voice is appropriate for the 12 year old girl (mentally) that wrote them..lol. Last night, my husband finally said "you have got to find something else to watch, I can't tolerate that voice" lol.

:lol: HLN is really getting desperate..... They are going to compare the stresses of Cindy Anthony with the stresses of Sandy Arias! :eek:

Let's be a little fair here.

If detectives were questioning you about your child who committed a planned and brutal murder, would your first statements be fit for public scrutiny?

You can't say "never a single thought" about Travis, you don't know what they have personally gone though. I bet until they saw the autopsy photos in court the death was mroe of an abstract comcept, they haven't had time to process what actually happened.

I'm a parent and the guilt one would carry if thier child did something like this would be overwhelming. My guilt would be very personal, very internal and you'd be making the same kind of statment about me and they wouldn't be true.

You may not like them or how they came off, but you do not know what they are feeling or thinking. just sayin

Okay, let's be more than a little fair.

No one made them speak to police. They willingly did so. You could say they volunteered after being requested.

Did her parents ask how their daughter's victim suffered?

Did they ask how they could help her victim or his family?

Or were their primary -- exclusive, even -- concerns for themselves and for their narcissistic, lying, evil, torture-murdering daughter?

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Late again! :banghead:

This girl on HLN reading Jodi's journals is cracking me up........ Smileeeeeeeeeeey Face, Froownnnnnny Face! :lol:

Really?? OMG that voice was annoying the crap out of me last night!!!!!

It’s obvious I’m not a criminologist, but I can’t ignore that this killing of TA is not a good example of premeditated murder. ……the violence involved in the bloody crime scene and the excessive wounds seem more a crime of passion and absence of forethought. In addition, the haphazard cleaning up of the crime scene does nothing to bolster premeditation. Makes me wonder why, at the very beginning, JA didn’t just plead guilty to reaching her breaking point, admit she snapped and be found guilty of second degree murder instead of telling those unbelievable stories.

She tried to plea to 2nd degree. The state wouldn't accept the plea.

Take a page from the JA playbook: ride to the end of his route, follow him home, and then crawl through the doggie door. That way, you will always know his schedule...

You forgot - Peep in his windows to see what he is up to. :)

Indeed, and you know what, if TA did (and that's a big IF), borrow money from her and she chose to transfer $80 from her account to his, after he said not to and he did not want her to, then she really is to blame for anything that might have bounced in her account and the associated fees.

What really happened: I can imagine her shouting at TA that she had fees due to it, and he shouted back that she should have balanced her account and he is not going to pay the fees, he told her he didn't want the money. But all that goes in the journal is one slanted exaggerated side of the story.

JM is going to have a field day. Yes indeed.

It is her daughter, and she cannot understand how her daughter, who had all these aspirations and plans, could do something so savage and heartless. She said she had mental issues and needed help. She said the first thing she did was ask Jodi if she had something to do with it. I think people are being way too judgemental of the mother. She said that because she couldn't conprehend how her child could throw her entire life away and murder someone. I think that's a pretty normal reaction for a parent who was just told their daughter is a psychopathic murderer. It does not mean she feels nothing for Travis and his family.

ITA

The horror that was going through her mind. Trying to reason with herself how it was possible that she raised a daughter who could do this. How could this be possible? Her mind is probably going a mile a minute trying to understand how Jodi ended up murdering Travis.

It reminds me of women who are married to serial killers and had no idea. Can you imagine the horror they feel when they find out? How could I not have known? Has our life been a lie? What kind of monster have I been living with?

LOL I saw that last night on Nancy Grace and was rolling! Had to call hubby in to show him. He was like "Is this for real??" :floorlaugh:

She tried to plea to 2nd degree. The state wouldn't accept the plea.

Agreed, and we don't know all the evidence the state has...yet. They are rightfully saving some things for rebuttal, never lay all your cards on the table up front.

Soon come, I think we'll call it the re-brutal phase :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member