trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
...actually, i think she's ready to retire... she can get a job as a walmart greeter (no offense to WM greeters intended)

No, WMT requires a background check which she would not be able to pass.

As the position is one which involves 'loss prevention', they do not hire or retain known liars.

This approach really is worth watching later. JW looks really worked up and animated, and Judge Stephens looks like she's just slowly explaining things to her.

The jury submitted more questions while the judge was reading the previous questions. Do we have to go through this all over again?

I vote for highly sedated today. Her facial muscles are very slack and have been all day.

CSqzHME.jpg

Best caption for this picture wins free pop rocks and tootsie rolls :)

Wow. DV expert has got to be feeling crummy right about now. Maybe Jodi will let her borrow a book.

:floorlaugh:

where is our valuable lip reader SaraK to tell us what the Judge just said???:please:

OK Juan. Let's move on to THE question. Ma'am you indicated that you feel Travis was a worse perpetrator than Jodi, have you seen these photographs?

THIS.

But will Judge Stephens allow that? JM was shut down when he tried that with Lisa. Would be the best knockout punch to leave jurors with over the weekend.

I suspected this all along. She's surely in her mid-60's, living in San Diego, which isn't an inexpensive place to live. When she started to answer a question today with "I don't have a great retirement after 34 years...." - BINGO!! I got my confirmation.

I don't know why but I got the impression early on that ALV was in great need of money. It may have been a statement she made but it was no secret that she was in somewhat of a desperate situation financially. I wonder if she owes a lot of money or if she just knows that if she doesn't get a lot she will have to work for a long, long time.

In a way I am glad court ends early today. The jury has all weekend to soak in JM's questions and ALV's answers. And it will certainly stick with them when it comes time to deliberate.

...and i have time to catch up with my housework!

That look Jodi gave after the jury left the Courtroom is the very first look that makes me think Jodi finally get it. She finally understands that she WILL have to pay for this crime. There is no amount of lying that is going to sway that jury.

It may be starting to sink in now because this is their last witness (of substance) and clearly the jury thinks Jodi is the abuser and not a DV victim. Wilmotts last questions were just hopeless and indicate that they know its all over.

Who is ALV trying to protect? As an unbiased witness, she should have no problem answering yes or no and let the chips fall where they may. Her insistence on expanding on answers in an attempt to "justify" every damaging piece of evidence against JA is so glaring that I'm surprised the jury isn't breaking out their sunglasses.

At this point she's trying to protect herself, her massive ego, and the ashes of her reputation and authority. It's a lost cause, I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173