trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been back in chambers a zillion times. And I bet she was whining and complaining about Juan being a meanie and the bad reviews on Amazon and the testimony going on for so long, bla bla bla. :boohoo:

You know what else .. I'm calling passive aggression on her 'illnesses' because they are clearly not related to each other. Plus I've seen signs of passive aggression on the stand especially in the way she deals with JM .. she also is stubborn to the point of ridiculous.

I speculated that JudgeSS may have been alluding to ALV returning with legal representation when during the scheduling for Tuesday discussion she started saying one thing then stopped mid word and said to ALV "you will have made preparations" in regard to when she returns next week.
I did not take it this way......I took it to mean to get all of your appointments rescheduled or what ever you need to do....but be here as this is the priority

'cyber bullying' - i dont think that its about that - the judge seemed ticked. i think/hope that it has something to do with her approaching Travis' sister. According to HLN someone in the gallery witnessed this and a victims advocate (of some sort) approached Travis' sister to let her know that she does not have to put up with that. Her response was 'Juan's on it'... I hope that this is what it is about

The person that saw it is our very own KCL. She told Sam that she wasn't to be approached any way and got the VA involved.

I got the sense that she was saying essentially ... "we're on the record/being broadcasted, so do not talk about your personal life or it will not be personal anymore" ... am I the only one who thought this?

Nope. I heard a disgusted judge tell her- don't whine to me about your personal business...just do as I say and show up.

From the motion:

COMES NOW, Ms. Arias, by and through undersigned counsel to request that a mistrial be declared based on the prosecutorial misconduct that has infested these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured by any other means. Ms. Arias bases this assertion on the fact that the circus like atmosphere inside the courtroom that to date has included counsel for the State yelling at witnesses, attacking witnesses on a personal level and throwing evidence. Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be a trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693. This State of affairs has placed counsel for Ms. Arias in a position that they cannot fulfill the duties they owe Ms. Arias, pursuant Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 6.8. Counsel’s inability to fulfill these duties would thus result in Ms. Arias not having the benefit of the rights she is due pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution. Support for this Motion can be found in the attached Memorandum of Points and Authorities that is incorporated herein by reference.
MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES
I. RELEVANT FACTS
OpeningstatementsinthismatterweremadeonJanuary2,20 13. Sincethattimethe State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions for mistrial that have beensummarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied.
Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias....

BBM

I think ALV is coming back Tues to discuss the bolded portion above.

Again we have JA pointing the blame wherever she can and ALV as her accomplice in exacerbating her issues publicly.
Mainly, JA created this situation. IT is a direct reflection and effect of her own premeditated actions. JA also has her own Twitter acct. in which she most certainly stirs the pot, and elicits attention (even though I have read most have been deleted in the past day). This is not a new thing. Missy needs to put her big girl pants on and stop the sniveling.

MOO!

Why don't you ask ALV if it's important to verify facts and conclusions.....not a requirement but it's polite all around to qualify something you aren't certain about saying so.

I wouldn't ask ALV the time as I would not trust her enough to give me the correct answer!

Does anyone KNOW why Travis' sisters were crying this afternoon? TIA

Nope. I heard a disgusted judge tell her- don't whine to me about your personal business...just do as I say and show up.

I agree judge was visibly disgusted today. When JW kept asking to approach the judge was getting on her last nerve.

Anytime JM is hitting a homerun she objects 200x KNOWING she is not going to win the objection..so then she asks to approach.

Its literally the same tactic every day in court for her.

From the motion:

COMES NOW, Ms. Arias, by and through undersigned counsel to request that a mistrial be declared based on the prosecutorial misconduct that has infested these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured by any other means. Ms. Arias bases this assertion on the fact that the circus like atmosphere inside the courtroom that to date has included counsel for the State yelling at witnesses, attacking witnesses on a personal level and throwing evidence. Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be a trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693. This State of affairs has placed counsel for Ms. Arias in a position that they cannot fulfill the duties they owe Ms. Arias, pursuant Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 6.8. Counsel’s inability to fulfill these duties would thus result in Ms. Arias not having the benefit of the rights she is due pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution. Support for this Motion can be found in the attached Memorandum of Points and Authorities that is incorporated herein by reference.
MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES
I. RELEVANT FACTS
OpeningstatementsinthismatterweremadeonJanuary2,20 13. Sincethattimethe State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions for mistrial that have beensummarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied.
Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias....

BBM

I think ALV is coming back Tues to discuss the bolded portion above.

I read the entire motion and do not recall the bolded passage........OMG is it fognesia! I am going for an MRI right now to see if I still have a brain..:floorlaugh:

It is alyce that has broken a rule. Nothing wrong with the judge cutting off her personal comments.

My post was referring to a different video. Not the one about personal comments. At least that was my intention. The video I was talking about was posted several times in the thread and was when Alyce was answering juror questions, but maybe it was different from the one in the post I jumped off.

She has been back in chambers a zillion times. And I bet she was whining and complaining about Juan being a meanie and the bad reviews on Amazon and the testimony going on for so long, bla bla bla. :boohoo:

You know she was. Day 1 of her cross was on a Thursday or Friday, the last day of court before the weekend break, and Wilmott finished direct with just about 30 minutes to spare for Juan to start cross. Day 2 of her cross was the day of that super long delay at the start of court, where everyone was scratching their heads what could be going on that would require ALV to be back in chambers with the judge and attorneys. It was after that that Juan began just turning straight to the judge when she was unresponsive.

I am positive that after those first thirty minutes with Juan ALV knew two things, that Juan wasn't going to back down and she is incapable of it. So she rolled into court the next Monday demanded the judge instruct him on how she expects to be spoken to. Juan said, F that, of course, and the compromise struck was that when she was being difficult he would agree to appeal to the judge to direct her on how to answer rather than instruct her himself.

I did not take it this way......I took it to mean to get all of your appointments rescheduled or what ever you need to do....but be here as this is the priority

Not sure if it was advice to bring attorney, but I took it as be ready to defend yourself. Judge really couldn;t have cared less about what the witness had to do to clear her schedule to be there.

Who would do something like this?:furious::furious:

Please! They know their ships sinking and want out. Baez did tv interviews up the yang yang and created so much media atmosphere.
They haven't gotten anything but negative from everyone. Baez did tons of interviews. He was all over the map with clowning.

The tax payers have put alot of money on this trial to start over?

From what the judge said, cryptically, Alyce is ordered back to face the music, "on record."

So, either for her unprofessional (and illegal?) approach of Samantha, or for her CV misrepresentations/lies, which clearly were extremely detrimental to this defendant's case.

It would be poetic justice if the defendant lost whatever chance she had for life because her expert witness lied on her behalf. Even so, this witness, who should at least pretend to be impartial, must be be held accountable for lying to help a defendant who is for a fact guilty of slaughtering another human being.

Maybe on Tuesday.

When did she approach Samantha? How do we know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormiSkye