weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned on here a few days ago about an incident that I watched on Alaska State Troopers where they went to a house under a dv call and it turned out to be the man who had been beated, his torso was covered in bruises, old and newly forming, red marks and bite marks.

I don't agree with, but I understand the reasoning why men don't report domestic violence as victims. There's that whole "manly" or "machismo" or "male ego" thing. I know it's deeper than my words make it sound, but my feelings on it are a man would be more of a human being and man if he could talk about it, report it, and do so with no violence back to the woman. I hope that makes sense.

Back in March of this year, my son had a very disturbing incident at college where he helped out a male friend of his at the hospital. Friend had a female acquaintance show up at his door late one night; they'd had a sexual relationship and she was confronting him about not calling her. Both had been drinking. He said something about not calling due to hearing that she was seeing other guys; she took his straight razor and did some damage to his hands and then to herself.

BTW, this young man is prolly 6' 4" and strong. Her injuries were self-inflicted.

She went to the hospital in an ambulance, while he went in a police car. No charges were brought, even though this took place in a state that has mandatory reporting for this type of injury/incident.

My son was traumatized by this. He saw his friend's very bloody apartment and his friend's hand, which had bone showing from the slashes.

You are exactly right. What was I thinking? I misspoke.

Let's just say the rebuttal COULD be over in a day. He almost doesn't need to say anything or call any witnesses. But I'm sure he'd say that would be foolhardy. And, of course, anybody he puts on the stand gets to be cross examined by the DT -- who knows how long that will take.

I'm curious as to when Arias originally announced she signed her manifesto in case she became famous. If I remember correctly, she wanted to look good in her mug shot because she figured her photo would be on the internet.

I wonder if she realized she would be infamous and largely hated, or if she thought people would believe her story, whatever it was at the time.

Does anyone know why Alyce is being called back into court. I just don't have the time to keep up with all this testimony? Also I want to thank Alyce because now I can raise my prices, if she can get $300hr I know I can get $350.

no one knows for sure...lots of speculation but nothing that resembles FACT.

I think Ms. Wong from HLN is testifying for the Prosecutorial misconduct issue/motion.

And, I think ALV wants to finish up Monday because she has other engagements to attend to. But won't be able on Tuesday. moo

When the Judge was addressing ALV at the end of the day yesterday the Judge stated that there was going to be a hearing on a matter of which she (ALV) was aware which may or may not be addressed on Tuesday. It sounds as if this or part of this hearing has to do with ALV.

It's going to be hard not to talk about her since she was the last witness on the stand. lol

The mods asked us not to spend too much time talking about the article. But we certainly get to discuss what Alyce said on the stand, though! I'm still trying to recover from the idea that if I send a text that says "empty your voicemail box, it's full" that I'm an abuser because I didn't say "please." :what:

BBM

I agree with what you are saying but I want one strong rebuttal witness to give Travis Alexander back his dignity - perhaps that doctor (whose name I have forgotten) who TA had dinner with on a regular basis - the doctor to whom TA said - "don't be surprised if I end up dead one day." I paraphrased that but nevertheless, such chilling, prophetic words.

Yes indeed, Jodi was the worst thing to ever happen to Travis.

Dr Heitt

I guess I was thinking more of JM's final closing words. I don't think there's going to be a dry eye in the house. The fact that it will be going into the hands of the jury that soon is going to be a true moment felt by everyone. I never understand why anyone criticizes JM for making this personal. A DA back in PA kept the picture of the murder victim on his desk throughout the investigation and the trial. He said he never wanted to forget for whom he was doing his job. He was commended and thought so well of for doing that. Poor JM is supposed to be a legal automaton, no feeling, just the law, maam!

I've gotta say something in Alyce's defense. She did talk to Jodi after she came clean with most of her lies. So that may be why Alyce felt defensive of Jodi. The way she went about it was wrong. To totally blame Travis. They had what I would call a sexual relationship. Jodi was the reason why Travis could have lost everything he worked for. So he had to totally trust her. That had to be hard after he saw what kind of person Jodi really was. I gotta put myself on pause now because I gotta walk the dog.

So she generalizes, believing all males are physically strong and all women are weak as a kitten?

I viewed this video here a while ago and it really opened my eyes to the
bias in such a situation. It's an ABC news hidden camera report with actors pretending to be a couple in an altercation at a public park. One woman walks by and literally smiles and fist pumps as the man is being hit. Others just walk by, even an off duty cop. When asked, most say the assumed he did something to deserve it.

Thankfully after some time group of women confronted the woman hitting her perceived bf and even called the police.

Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public - YouTube

The saddest a cop actually walked by and did NOTHING to intervene. Unbelievable!!!! He would be in bad shape if that woman pulled out a knife and stabbed numerous times. Then what is his excuse!! ah

sheeeeeesh

OMG that makes me crazy....I had to turn my lappy upside down!!:floorlaugh:

lol. That was the idea. I am sure there are a *few bums* that needed a break from the trial all these weeks, and needed to have a *bottom* stretch. LOL

You could have also stood on your head after digging through the Trash bin, or throw your hair around. < gag > like JA

But now you Feel GREAT, eh? Top half, and bottom half :great:

Rut Roh' been watching too much of the trial with grandson in the room! I just asked him to clean his room and he said He didn't want to clean his room! I said "Did I ask you if you wanted to cleanyour room"? He told me I sounded just like Juan Martinez!!

Lol! Dr. Horn was exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote my first post. PT witnesses didn't make up stuff or skew information to suit the prosecution. They testified.

I don't remember Alyce saying that about helping to create their defense, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. That's precisely what I meant. It just doesn't seem like it's isolated to only LaViolette.

Again, this is just MHOO. :)

Another thing about the PT expert witnesses - they were not overtly combative during the DT's cross examination. They were totally professional. When your testimony is supported by the facts there's no need to get defensive.

:twocents:

I've gotta say something in Alyce's defense. She did talk to Jodi after she came clean with most of her lies. So that may be why Alyce felt defensive of Jodi. The way she went about it was wrong. To totally blame Travis. They had what I would call a sexual relationship. Jodi was the reason why Travis could have lost everything he worked for. So he had to totally trust her. That had to be hard after he saw what kind of person Jodi really was. I gotta put myself on pause now because I gotta walk the dog.

No disrespect at all, but when did JA come clean with anything? She said she killed him. That's the only truth I've heard her utter so far.

My double-u key doesn't vork (!), so if I sound like I'm doing a bad Garbo imitation please forgive:

Does anyone kno vhy JA fired her first DT?

she was going to act as her own attorney! Remember she thinks she is as smart as Einstein!!

LOL.....love your lack of keys....gave me a chuckle!:floorlaugh:

I guess I was thinking more of JM's final closing words. I don't think there's going to be a dry eye in the house. The fact that it will be going into the hands of the jury that soon is going to be a true moment felt by everyone. I never understand why anyone criticizes JM for making this personal. A DA back in PA kept the picture of the murder victim on his desk throughout the investigation and the trial. He said he never wanted to forget for whom he was doing his job. He was commended and thought so well of for doing that. Poor JM is supposed to be a legal automaton, no feeling, just the law, maam!

I'm ready for all of that. I'm not ready for the impact statements WHEN they get to make them. I may have to DVR that and watch at a much later date.

But, according to ALV, JA was uncomfortable with the things TA did almost from the start.

snipped by me

Oh please - I in no way believe that JA was ever uncomfortable with any sexual act with TA. And who believes that the first BJ was suggested by TA instead of JA (per her words)? I'm thoroughly convinced she initiated sex with him ASAP to get him intrigued, hooked and married as fast as possible. This kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of time.

The video I'm watching about JA's premeditation by Mikee Daniels (youtube) is real good. I agree with him that JA called Travis to not only make sure he'd be around but also to find out about his roommates schedules etc. She probably asked questions about them in a casual, 'friendly' manner and Travis gave the answers she needed.

That's exactly what I believe she called him for.

(And Mikee so gets it all about JA. He's funny without out making fun of the wrong things.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861