weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those naked sex pics, unless there are some they are not showing us do not look right. I think they were took on a timer, from the angle. Wouldn't Travis do a better job and it looks hurried like she's rushing. She also has that sheepish smile on her face like she getting away with something. And Jodi, I remember, leaned over to Wilma and whispered something when it was being discussed about the pics, Wilma looked funny like she didn't know why but then, asked--and these pictures were not taken with a timer, right? I don't know what the answer was, too busy wondering why that was so important to Jodi.
When someone like Jodi wants something pointed out, she's usually hiding something. Think the opposite.
Oh, btw. I got interrupted when Juan was really zoning in the placement of those bottles of KY and that other littler bottle of whatever it was called. Anyone know what the deal was?
Another thing I thought if they did have sex, so think of guys and all....here comes Jodi as a brunette now, ready to seduce Travis. Was she trying to look like Mimi, too? I can just imagine her. Eww.

No, no, you are misunderstanding me.

I believe it was premeditated; but ... why did she not kill him the moment she came in to his house?

What led from the shower pics to his demise. Something had to give.

Are you saying, she took photos of him, and all of sudden attacked him?

What this photo shower shoot part of the fantasy? Whoever believes they did not have sex that day, clearly don't get the memory on a memory card is hard coded. Only computer forensics technicians can get that off a chip.

Or did he really tell her off again except no via text, phone or email, but this time face-face?

Either words or actions by Travis was the final rejection for Jodi in moo.

Did he deserve to die, no. Does Jodi- YES. :furious:

We'll never know for sure why in that exact moment it happened, all we can do is speculate what is possible:

1. His roomate(s) were home when she got there so she couldn't just fire off a gun at 4am without somebody noticing.

2. She also could have been legitimately exhausted. If we believe her, she says they slept until 1pm the next day. So now we have a window of 1pm to 5:30pm.

3. She may have wanted to have sex with him one last time. Bizarre, yes, but she is a freaky chic.

4. Maybe the sex was part of a blackmail scheme, hence the pictures, just in case she ever needed them. One last effort at keeping him. Maybe he refused, said some more "mean" stuff to her and she knew in that moment that she was done. She then later erased the pics because she didn't need them, and obviously they would be evidence too.

5.The shower was a perfect opportunity to get him vulnerable... wet, naked, closed in area, not expecting her to attack.

I would imagine that murders usually occur opportunistically (is that a word, haha, it's late and i'm tired). Somebody can have a premeditated notion of what they are going to do, but once they are face to face with the person, situations change and the murderer needs to adjust their plan.

I have no doubt, because of evidence presented, that she premeditated this. Her actions show that she gave it thought, and carried out the planning in advance. How it all went down is actually somewhat insignificant. It's more significant that she stole the gun, brought the gun, planned an alibi (Ryan/UT trip), rented a car, turned the plates upside down, colored her hair, filled up gas cans, kept receipts that would show she wasn't in AZ during the trip because she used the gas in the cans, etc, etc. I would have to abandon my logical thinking to believe that all of these pieces are coincidence. They tie together perfectly and Travis ended up dead.

Have the twitter threats today towards Juan and the courthouse been discussed? Surely someone has reported them. Every one of them should be taken seriously.

So perhaps defense will rest after last witness on Monday and rebuttal starts on Tuesday!?!?

Demarte

D Hall? (since I guess they are bringing up the shooting range video which has nothing whatsoever to do with anything, imo)

Computer forensics expert

Don't know how or if JS has ruled on the closet shelving demo

Do we know anybody else for sure? Or perhaps you have someone on your rebuttal witness wishlist?

I find it hard to believe that ALV is tweeting, but doesn't use email.

She tweeted on April 12th: "Staying positive".

You can't tell me she isn't reading about this case online.

It wouldn't surprise me. All her "I'm just a helpless anachronism" comments seemed strategically placed to ingratiate herself and disarm an audience.

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am not sure you have watched the trial as closely as a lot of us which is every single day.

In my opinion, it is very obvious based on all that has been seen and heard that there was NO "STRUGGLE" at all except for Travis trying to get away from Jodi after she began attacking him totally out of the blue while he was in the shower.

And Travis did absolutely nothing to her.

And, IMO I think she was going to try to kill him right when she first snuck in on him, but she said the dog busted her while she was staring at him. So, she ended up spending the day with him and somehow convincing him to pose for pictures to get him in a vulnerable position to kill him with the gun and knife she brought to kill him (totally premediated).

The whole sex event was probably her last attempt to get him to take her on the Cancun trip and try to get him back as her boyfriend.

If she "snapped" it couldn't be pre-meditated. :seeya:

She likely wanted him to get in a vulnerable position before she began stabbing him. Like get him to relax after she showed up uninvited/unannounced, sweet talk him etc. She wanted to kill him in the shower, 3 walls around him and no way to escape.

ITA, she was well armed for someone who "snapped".

Thanks for clarification.

Makes sense, she cornered him.

On the flip side, to me "snapped" = a rage killing also. It's just hard to swallow sometimes why someone who plans a murder and get away with it, wouldn't just use a gun and get over with it.

Why the rage also?

If she "snapped" it couldn't be pre-meditated. :seeya:

She likely wanted him to get in a vulnerable position before she began stabbing him. Like get him to relax after she showed up uninvited/unannounced, sweet talk him etc. She wanted to kill him in the shower, 3 walls around him and no way to escape.

I didn't realize we knew what the hearing was about on Monday. If the defense witness cannot handle the backlash, that appears to be her own personal problem, doesn't it? She is the one that agreed to be the "expert" on DV. JMO

Correction; We know what the hearing is Monday morning for Wong. [ most likely] It is the pending Mistrial Motion.

But we don't know for SURE what ALV is being brought back for. I am predicting it is because of the motion too, because Nurmi added her into the final paragraph. But it is just speculation on my part. She may have other issues as well. IDK

Travis had such a 'glow' about him. I think this every time I see a pic of him.
An open, optimistic face with an 'I am in awe with being alive' smile.

Yes. :)

When I look at Travis the thing that stands out for me is the kindness that radiated from him.Completely contrary to ALV's opinion, I think Travis had a soft corner for the weak and vulnerable! He must have been especially kind to animals, the poor etc.

JA is so evil. It is nothing but Travis' good heart that kept him from giving her the treatment she deserved.

Jodi brought the knife to slash car tires, repeatedly. Jodi bought another gun, the 9mm and hid two more knives in her books, found when arrested.
Why is it so hard to believe Jodi brought the weapons on her premeditated murder trip along with 15 gallons of gas in the trunk, flipped tags, cell phone off in AZ, Ryan alibi, "gas receipts" to prove she went to Utah via Mom's statement, .25 auto stolen from Gpa'house...same as Travis shot with. Let's not forget she said he loaded the gun in Dec. 07 , after she already told another version. Diary story about him wanting to commit suicide with gun, he had yet to buy one in '08. What? Then, we find out she wrote in her diary about that lame story with the ninety-some dollars over-drawn charges that, Travis wouldn't pay, NAY, yelled at her to balance her check-book but was demanding money. Could that have been money owed to him or even stolen by Jodi? I seriously doubt Travis gave his banking info to Jodi or any of his passwords. By now, just about everything Jodi says should be dismissed as lies.

On the flip side, to me "snapped" = a rage killing also. It's just hard to swallow sometimes why someone who plans a murder and get away with it, wouldn't just use a gun and get over with it.

Why the rage also?

"rage suggests loss of self-control, and fury is destructive rage verging on madness"

So "snapping" would be rage, loss of self-control during an argument for example.

Fury is what JA had IMO. And that fury inside of her has been there for a very long time, long before she met Travis, just simmering under the surface.

Why? Don't know. Hopefully JM's expert will shed some light on it.

MOO JMO and all that....

BBM~ I've watched all the trial days also BTW.

IMO, she tries to shoot first, the gun jammed or something and then Travis tried to stop her. She had her knife (s) handy nearby and Plan B goes into action.

The "struggle" I meant is that Travis was tougher than Jodi thought.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am not sure you have watched the trial as closely as a lot of us which is every single day.

In my opinion, it is very obvious based on all that has been seen and heard that there was NO "STRUGGLE" at all except for Travis trying to get away from Jodi after she began attacking him totally out of the blue while he was in the shower.

And Travis did absolutely nothing to her.

And, IMO I think she was going to try to kill him right when she first snuck in on him, but she said the dog busted her while she was staring at him. So, she ended up spending the day with him and somehow convincing him to pose for pictures to get him in a vulnerable position to kill him with the gun and knife she brought to kill him (totally premediated).

The whole sex event was probably her last attempt to get him to take her on the Cancun trip and try to get him back as her boyfriend.

Couldn't the term 'snapped' be used to describe the moment JA decided to murder Travis even if it were weeks prior to the actual murder? I think so.

Why the rage also?

Because the RAGE fueled the premeditated killing. IMO She was seething for weeks planning this killing. She hated him for rejecting her and looking for a new wife and for telling his friends that she was a *advertiser censored*.

This was BOTH premeditated and a rage killing. It had to be because she was 1000 miles away. It took planning because of the distance and logistics.

But she was too angry to just shoot him and walk away. She wanted to let him know why she had to kill him. I do think that the gun might have jammed though.

A couple of folks have asked about the phone calls between Travis and Jodi during the couple of days leading up to his death. They are as follows:

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs

6/4/08 11:37 pm ~ This is the call in which Jodi left the voicemail about Travis visiting her in Yreka even though it is over 5 hours after she killed him.

I also noticed another post as to why Jodi did not kill Travis as soon as she arrived at his home. I am reminded of what Jodi told Det Flores during the second interview, "I chickened out like a little b@tch." I have believed all along that she fully intended to kill Travis while he slept and then move along to make her estimated time of arrival to meet Ryan. Jodi would have arrived at Travis' home around 3 am based on the time of her last purchase in Pasadena and the number of hours it would take to drive to Travis' home. If she left immediately after killing Travis and headed to meet Ryan she would have arrived an hour or so later than Ryan expected her. Instead she arrived at Ryan's closer to 23 hours later than Ryan expected her.

What is the goal of the DT with this DV defense? AFAIK Arizona law states force is acceptable only to defend oneself, clearly JA used much more than force - she slaughtered that poor man.

So by law the jury cannot acquit her, is that correct?

ETA: Just for the record, I do NOT believe the DT theory. IMO the slaughter of Travis was deliberate and premeditated by JA

Last November, the DT filed a motion to preclude the state from arguing that JA had a duty to retreat. Anybody know how it was ruled?

ScreenShot2013-04-14at121648AM_zpsb6990927.png

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes