trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we wait for morning court I would like to dedicate this to Travis! With all of the trauma and tragedies recently, including the Boston Marathon, I think this is apropos:

[video=youtube;OC2waxMJ_5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC2waxMJ_5Y[/video]

But there were several photos taken where it looks like he could have been photographed without him knowing... After the first flash, wouldn't he have noticed her there? Not arguing, just trying to figure this shower scenario out.
I quietly walked into my bathroom while my husband was in the shower and walked around the bathroom while talking in a regular voice and he never heard me. Then I even peed (sorry if tmi) and he only realized I was there when I flushed. So my little test showed me that it would be possible for him to have not realized right away that she was there watching him, MOO

I agree, he is brilliant in his method. I would not, however, like to be his partner and get in an argument with him - I have a feeling I would always lose.

Oh, I'd take that chance in a second!:floorlaugh: Oh--AND if I wasn't already happily married to my very own Martinez!:rocker:

This topic has brought up so many feelings and flashblacks for me. the one main one is when I finally had enough of the my ex DH 's bipolar 2 rage aholic episodes- his primary mode was all that verbal emotional abuse a lot a lot of character assasination ( in that was ALv's continuum was pretty interesting to me. But, but , but...the reason I am bringing this up- is that when I had finally decided to get out ( get him out) I did it in a very scripted way with much planning because I truly did not know WTh he was going to do. I did not want to be alone with him. I did not want the kids to be any where near us.

So with the help of a great shrink,( over weeks of imagining and literally rehearsing every scenario in my mind-and outloud ) I told him in a small quiet, ( indian )restaurant, in the middle of our fancy town. At the next table there happened to be a whole family we knew ( I had seen all 4 in my reiki healing practice and the dad was one a former business associate of my exes who was not that keen on) ( haha ) I told him before we ordered dinner that " it was over" I laid of the entire plan. I had packed some of his stuff in case he couldn't go home like a civilized person- I told him he could go anywhere else he wanted. The next day or so we told the kids...and this all progressed in a pretty OK way after a looong time and a lot of bad scenes.( there was hospital documentation of abuse and many scenes other people had seen and witnessed verbal emotional stuff too, many times i asked his/my siblings for support) (despite normal horrors of later part of divorce- family stuff and division of property gets dicey)
So if you are ever in a situation of abuse and you want to finally take the reigns...plan it ...and take control and know lots of people are out there to support and protect you. And do it in a public place!

:seeya:
You've handed out awesome advice and kudos on your strength. :hug: The only thing I wanted to add is that if people don't have access to a mental health source, almost any DV advocate in someone's local area can help devise a Safety Plan too. They can be found in the yellow pages and many have websites too with quick escape features. It's often recommended to have a Safety Plan in place, even if you don't fear reprisal at the time, because little things like social security cards or birth certificates are often left forgotten until later - when the abuser may realize their attempts to re-establish control aren't working, and a lot less likely to being amicable.

(On the off chance that info may help someone, somewhere.)

Looks to me like Snoopy fighting the Red Baron:
aaaasnoopy.gif

It's early, but I give this POST OF THE DAY status!!!! :great:

So what is everyone's guess on what the defense will pull this morning to delay Juan's rebuttal from getting started????

Either JA will get a migraine or Nurmi will file a motion for mistrial because JM sounds mean when he breathes.

I didn't see much video yesterday but there was a clip someone here linked to on youtube, it's of Juan speaking before the judge yesterday and mentioning what he brought up in the sealed hearing with ALV. She stated she was upset about it and that she should be upset about it. We're all left to guess at what it was of course. If I can find the original post I will get you the link.

Juan Martinez says LaViolette should be upset considering what was uncovered in closed hearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR7121Gf-s

ALV was clearly impeached on several issues, but I'm not sure what you mean about her testimony being "tossed." Maybe I am misunderstanding your post?

IIRC the last question JM asked ALV was something about did she have a doctorate and DT jumped up, objected and asked to approach. They spent 10 mins at sidebar, then went in recess for 'in chambers' that seemd to last for 2 hours. When they came back out JM completely dropped that line of questioning. So it seems to me whatever this has to do with it might be her education --maybe she got her degree "online" or something

Motion for mistrial (signing of photos):
:denied:

motion for mistrial prosecutorial misconduct re: witness intimidation:
:denied:
(includes addressing of the Judge on Arias' tweeting during the trial via a second party: nothing she can do: but jail is aware and will monitor)

hearing on eye guy:
stipulation: last photo of Travis Jury will be instructed Arias was not holding a weapon during the taking of that photo

:tyou: Thanks button was not enough to express my appreciation for a summary post on the first page of each thread. As much as I'd like to catch up completely every day, sometimes it's nearly impossible to do even a quick read of late day/overnight posts. A brief summary is very helpful.

I left the computer on with WS and CNN live feed up for a while after the lunch recess yesterday but didn't see much going on here, so I finally shut down and focused on the Boston explosions until :eek:fftobed:

Looking forward to trial coverage and discussion today.

But there were several photos taken where it looks like he could have been photographed without him knowing... After the first flash, wouldn't he have noticed her there? Not arguing, just trying to figure this shower scenario out.

I am not sure, just like many others. I vacillate back and forth sometimes thinking he knew, he didn't know. Sadly I don't think we will ever know.

IIRC the last question JM asked ALV was something about did she have a doctorate and DT jumped up, objected and asked to approach. They spent 10 mins at sidebar, then went in recess for 'in chambers' that seemd to last for 2 hours. When they came back out JM completely dropped that line of questioning. So it seems to me whatever this has to do with it might be her education --maybe she got her degree "online" or something

Her CV is online, easy enough to check out ...I'm just too lazy

Serious Issue to Resolve:

OK--this issue has bothered me since January--WHY DOES JODI HAVE THOSE BANGS? WHY? :floorlaugh:

Why doesn't she go all-in or all-out? Why the wispies? What look is she going for?

Is she aware how ugly she looks????

That's the one I'm waiting for! I watched the Hemy Neuman trial, and I have never seen a more hateful person than AS.

Oh yes, I've been waiting with baited breath to see Andrea Sneiderman go on trial. She is so smug and condescending in her answers, uses that back and forth head bobbing thing when she's really pissed, she's a real narcissist. Even worse that Jodi in the smartazz department IMO. This trial will be interesting to watch as she will definitely try her best to spar with the prosecutor. IMHO she will be convicted, as she should be.

So what is everyone's guess on what the defense will pull this morning to delay Juan's rebuttal from getting started????

I feel a migraine coming on! :blushing:

Attachments

• license plate.jpg
    license plate.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 14
What time is court today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online