Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he is among maybe two people who is not grabbing his head/covering his ears from the loud explosion. This has bothered me from the minute I first saw the picture of him stepping over the wounded guy in the grey hoodie. There was also a bald guy standing at the rail who doesn't react for four or five frames...lower right corner of the picture next to a woman who is still facing the runners and has her cellphone up and facing the road.

At the second seen there are two different men that also seem to be not reacting. There is balding tall man in the dress coat, behind DT and up against the brick wall...he is facing past the immediate carnage and down toward the first blast site.

Then in the really good picture if you zoom out and pan right there is a heavy-set white-haired man, standing in the intersection, who is facing the corner where DT and the man behind him. That man almost seems to be smiling.... That is as much as I will say on this for the time being.

Pictures are moments in time, not the whole story. They are split seconds captured by a camera. I am really tired of innocent people, victims psychologically, if not physically, being picked over like they are suspects. Has nothing been learned from the high school student and his coach who were falsely accused, their faces put on the cover of the NY Post? Or from sweet ST, the missing Brown student, who was falsely accused (and whose body was pulled from Narragansett Bay two days ago)? His family was put through hell.

What you perceive as a smile was, in all likelihood, a grimace as he witnessed the horror scene all around him. Regarding the man you describe as "facing past the immediate carnage and down toward the first blast site," is a person not allowed to look back to see what is happening? Maybe he was with other people and they became separated in the chaos and he's trying to locate them. As for the person with his/her clothes torn off, who is running away from an explosion, it's called the flight half of the fight or flight response. People react differently in traumatic situations; it doesn't make them conspirators.

Best news I've heard on this case in a few days!! From my earlier post, criminals do not have visitors. This is a terrorist, give him NO exceptions!

Hope this is right. Why should a suspect charged with using weapons of mass destruction get visits from anybody other than a lawyer? In a non-secure facility such as the hospital. No way.

IMVHO, it appears as though she has an agenda & it started right away. The Aunt in Canada spews the same jargon. I'm thinking mama's either covering her own azz bc maybe she's compromised where she is now or else she's saying this trash on purpose to cause dissension. Its obvious she despises American laws & culture. She has no respect for our government. Maybe she's shouting this crap to be heard on a larger front bc this case is huge, high profile when something happens on US soil. Her getting all this airtime to spew the crap out of her facial orifice seems to have a purpose. Is she using this to create an uprising? I wouldn't be surprised...

I think the perps' mother wants publicity and notoriety for herself as well as her two sons. She wants her older son's death and both her sons' Jihadist actions to have historical meaning because in life they apparently were the "losers" that their Uncle Tsarni had called them. She's hoping that her crazy rants will incite more violence so she can indeed call her older son TT a "leader", even if he's merely a so-called leader of the loony Jihadist sort. And that gullible peeps will see her sons as martyrs for the "holy Jihad cause".

I'd like to see a true trajectory in this case - of the boat & a true model of Jahar in the position he was laying inside of the boat. Basic trajectory path using his neck wound would show if its self inflicted or not. I'm curious if doctors reported powder on Jahar's neck.

There WAS an early report of gunpowder on his neck. I read it. I'll try to round it up.

First reports out were gunshot wounds, not shrapnel. No need to change it to shrapnel unless someone's back-peddling, IMO. And shrapnel doesn't leave close-range gunpowder leading to attempted suicide speculation. But he couldn't have attempted suicide if he had no gun on him in the boat.

This whole thing's a mess, and it's not just the reporting by MSM--we've heard video statements by LE that now don't seem to jive. "Exchange of gunfire..."

Pictures are moments in time, not the whole story. They are split seconds captured by a camera. I am really tired of innocent people, victims psychologically, if not physically, being picked over like they are suspects. Has nothing been learned from the high school student and his coach who were falsely accused, their faces put on the cover of the NY Post? Or from sweet ST, the missing Brown student, who was falsely accused (and whose body was pulled from Narragansett Bay two days ago)? His family was put through hell.

What you perceive as a smile was, in all likelihood, a grimace as he witnessed the horror scene all around him. Regarding the man you describe as "facing past the immediate carnage and down toward the first blast site," is a person not allowed to look back to see what is happening? Maybe he was with other people and they became separated in the chaos and he's trying to locate them. As for the person with his/her clothes torn off, who is running away from an explosion, it's called the flight half of the fight or flight response. People react differently in traumatic situations; it doesn't make them conspirators.

Agree.

Omg, has it been confirmed to be ST? Oh dear gosh.

Editing to add yes, body in the river has been confirmed to be ST. I prayed sooo hard for him. Oh dear God. So freaking sad.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=general&catid=57581387&feed_id=999&videofeed=999

Does anyone remember a news station informing that police were using, or could have been using, bullets that weren't deadly but were meant to subdue? This pertained to the boat shoot out. Also, anybody remember the mention of sharpshooters being stationed in strategic areas around the boat?

Yes, it was called "flash or stun grenades". They're not supposed to cause harm but temporarily blind/deafen the perp.

CIA had Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev's name added to terror database before attack

The federal government added the name of the dead Boston Marathon bombing suspect to a terrorist database 18 months before the deadly explosions, a U.S. official told CBS News.

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports that the CIA made the request to add Tamerlan Tsarnaev's name to the terrorist database after the Russian government contacted the agency with concerns that he was associated with Chechen terrorists. About six months earlier, the FBI had separately investigated Tsarnaev, also at Russia's request, but the FBI found no ties to terrorism, the official told Miller.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...-name-added-to-terror-database-before-attack/

I pray for all involved in this senseless tragedy, including the three year old daughter of TT.

Boston Bombing Suspect's Name Was in US Terrorism Databases

Tsarnaev was included in a database in the spring of 2011 as the FBI tried to determine whether he had conducted any foreign travel.

Later that year, the CIA requested that his name be added to the broader general terror database out of what a U.S. official called "an abundance of caution." But it was later determined that the names and dates of birth provided by Russia to the CIA were all incorrect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bom...rism-databases/story?id=19037892#.UXlb0T6DfTo

The point is: Everyone and their reaction has to be analyzed. That is how LE first honed in on the brothers...It would help to know if the running guy was admitted to the hospital or ID'd. So far, even with his picture splashed all over the news no one has come forward to say that is so & so or that was me. No one is calling anyone suspect just saying that there are a few people in those pics who seem totally unfazed or who seem out of place.

Personally I think it is entirely feasible that the Dad has something to say, despite his public comments. I am sure that if he wanted to incriminate terrorists in Chechnya or Dagestan, he would not do so publicly. He would most likely scream and loudly yell that the big bad Americans etc etc. Sort of like the Mom is doing. Their lives would be in real danger if there are people over there who are involved, who think that these two folks are cooperating with the American investigators. It is possible that even the Mom is cooperating - we just don't know. What we see and what we hear is only just what they are saying to the public. Culture plays a big roll here, the Russian press is notorious for false and misleading stories, the entire Russian government is corrupt, and the Chechnyans are considered enemies within their own country. No one in their right mind from there would be clear, concise, and HONEST with the press, no one. So as much as I shudder to hear the Mom, I can honestly say that I could see her saying exactly what the terrorists want to hear as to protect herself. Of course, she could be completely nuts, like she sounds, as well. No one knows.

And its on CNN, that there was only 1 gun found between the two of them, not the cache that we were initially led to believe.

Thumbs up! Very good post elmomom! I think it could entirely be true that they are putting up a front to protect themselves.

This may be old news, looking through news online.

KT is going back to using KR.

She is first in line for any claims on TT, but of course, no one knows as the ME's Office cannot divulge that info.

Too short to copy paste.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...word_from_widow_of_bombing_suspect_on_funeral

bbm - Thank you for this 21merc7! It answers my earlier question, whether she will be as loyal as the mother. Apparently not. Good for her!

The point is: Everyone and their reaction has to be analyzed. That is how LE first honed in on the brothers...It would help to know if the running guy was admitted to the hospital or ID'd. So far, even with his picture splashed all over the news no one has come forward to say that is so & so or that was me. No one is calling anyone suspect just saying that there are a few people in those pics who seem totally unfazed or who seem out of place.

bbm - But maybe they did, just not publicly. I'm sure in their search for possible other accomplices, FBI will contact or try to contact others who might look suspicious to them in these videos.

Let's clear this one up. I don't have the source but I read several news articles early on that the man with his pants blown to bits and running away was an innocent bystander who later ran to help another victim and he himself then was taken by an ambulance to the hospital.

CIA had Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev's name added to terror database before attack

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...-name-added-to-terror-database-before-attack/

"The FBI's Boston office opened a preliminary review of Tsarnaev and searched government databases for potentially terror-related communications. Investigators looked into whether Tsarnaev used online sites that promoted radical activity. They interviewed Tsarnaev and his family members but found nothing connecting him to terror activity. The FBI's review into Tsarnaev was closed in June 2011.

Then, in late September 2011, Russia separately contacted the CIA with nearly identical concerns about Tsarnaev. The Russians provided two possible birthdates for him and a variation of how his name might be spelled, as well as the spelling in the Russian-style Cyrillic alphabet."

So when did TT travel to Russia before the last time?

I have to wonder from 2004 on (which seems to be when he came to the US), or maybe before, how much time he was not in the US... there seems to be big gaps in the record. Surely his wife and her family thought it was strange he would leave her and their young daughter for so many months to 'visit family' in Russia. Cripe, what about his current family. We already know he was gone at least 6 months since the daughter was born, but now it sounds like there was another trip.

There must have been a few months in 2012 when TT was gone to Russia, mom was here (ending in shoplifting then fleeing). Was DT living alone with her that Summer or was he already in the college dorm? It also appears KRT moved back home about a year ago? I don't think anyone has verified all this though, but that would have been about the time TT left for Russia. Was the apartment just empty for a couple of months?

Thumbs up! Very good post elmomom! I think it could entirely be true that they are putting up a front to protect themselves.

I'm not following... who is putting up a front to protect themselves?

There WAS an early report of gunpowder on his neck. I read it. I'll try to round it up.

First reports out were gunshot wounds, not shrapnel. No need to change it to shrapnel unless someone's back-peddling, IMO. And shrapnel doesn't leave close-range gunpowder leading to attempted suicide speculation. But he couldn't have attempted suicide if he had no gun on him in the boat.

This whole thing's a mess, and it's not just the reporting by MSM--we've heard video statements by LE that now don't seem to jive. "Exchange of gunfire..."

As I had said, time and time again, someone -- whether LE or media or what have you -- jumped the gun in their reports. It takes time to assess and analyze real evidence. But nowadays with twitter, facebook, etc., everyone wants news in real time and even faster so there's bound to be rumors and misinformation. I think the public needs to learn that in order to get the most accurate news, we have to be more patient and allow TIME before details about a newsstory becomes clear. As is, if we want news in real time, we'll have to accept broad outlines of events without actual details and await the details to come in (much) later reportings.

Can that legally be arranged considering he's been name a terrorist now? I thought he'd be cutoff from outside visitors? Gosh so much to learn...

If he is under terrorists status, he may not have visitors or contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsealtm1