Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only applying that information as it pertains to JA and is MO only. Sure what you say can be true about other kids, however, as far as JA is concerned it has always been MO she's a psychopath.

Not once has she ever said she's sorry for slaughtering TA. She makes me sick and I fully believe if she's ever let out of prison she will take what she's learned since 2008 and commit another murder. I don't believe she's "curable".

I agree she is not curable. What she has going on in the head is to ingrained to be fixed. It is who she is. She does not have a conscience. No one can give her that.

K

When I was called for jury duty a few years ago, all the attorneys asked each potential juror if they had ever been arrested. Those that had were all excused, no matter what the arrest was for and they were all asked to be excused by the prosecution. The case was for assault and battery, nothing close to this case. I think it may have something to do with one defendant having compassion for another defendant (not that I think he had any compassion for her or that the two arrests in any way compare), but I'm not attorney so what do I know....

There was speculation all afternoon on twitter that the State asked that he be excused. Perhaps that is true and not just a rumor.

Plus he will be having a court date himself coming up. The Judge would not want to stop the trial again for one person. This is why there are alternates. All three juror's could have been potential alternates. We just do not know, nor do they.

Does anyone know the jurors reaction to the pictures they qwere shown? I asked earlier which ones but lost my post.
This trying to work and keep up here is killing me.

I am just wondering why everyone thinks she shot him last?

Why bring a gun if you are going to use a knife and us the gun at the last minute?

Why steal the grandfather's gun if you are not going to us it till the last minute?

None of this makes sense.

She stole the gun knowing exactly what she was going to do. Shoot him in the shower and get out.

It did not work out like she planned. Thankfully, because if the gunshot worked the way she wanted, we would not be here now.

She would be scott free.

I listen to these trials everyday. Unfortunately it is my job.

BBM

Here is the problem. You are trying to make sense out of a sociopath's actions. Very little makes sense in Ariasville.

I believe the ME's opinion that Travis was stabbed first and shot last. The gun was brought to AZ for the intent to kill Travis if Plan A (stabbing) didn't work as planned. Probably also used to get Travis to stay in shower/bathroom. Alot easier to get people to do what you want waving a gun in their face than a knife, IMO.

Here is why I think the stabbing occurred first...

The non-ambulatory issue (huge)
Little blood in the area where the killer supposedly fired the shot
Blood at sink
Defensive stab wounds to hands
Stab wounds to back
Blood down hallway (significant pool at end of hallway, in particular)
Bullet casing resting on top of pool of blood

Here's the way I think it went down....

Killer took pictures of him in shower. Intentionally drops camera and secures grip on knife which was probably taped to he lower back. As Travis looks down to follow camera, she lunges at him and stabs him repeatedly in the chest. He is most likely in shock and is in a surreal state of mind trying to process what just happened. Staggers out of shower to sink after Arias backs away. Killer stabs him repeatedly in the back while at sink. He tries to escape down hallway and most likely succumbed to injuries/blood loss at end of hallway. Killer slashes throat while he is still alive, drags him back to bathroom. Finishes him off with gunshot to head since he more than likely was convulsing due to fatal injuries having been inflicted.

It was DUI...doesn't necessarily mean "alcohol"...he could have smoked a little weed. I can't say I blame the man considering what he has sat through daily for, how many weeks now...

Would also explain the dog being run through the courtroom yesterday.

It came out later the dog was routine...does a sweep of the entire courthouse daily, they were just running late yesterday. The two events were not related.

I do think they used the sex to cover up the facts. No one is perfect but to have no valid proof, especially of the pedophillia accusations just bothers me. I understand if they had proof. But nothing and still be able to throw it out there? That just seems so wrong on many levels.

I agree she had to have a defense, but wow on being able to throw unprovable things out there. Reminded me of FCA and George's alleged abuse.

I am a proponent of everyone getting their day in court and getting the defense they deserve. But, there should be limits on the things brought out and the proof needed to do so.

The reason they had no proof, of course, is because TA was not a pedophile.

JA had the forged letters, and when they were :denied: all that was left to prove TA's pedophilia to the jury was the testiphony of a self-proclaimed and exposed pathological liar.

Does anyone know the jurors reaction to the pictures they qwere shown? I asked earlier which ones but lost my post.
This trying to work and keep up here is killing me.

Beth Karas said they started scribbling notes like they wanted to have a reason to look away.

JA had the forged letters, and when they were :denied: all that was left to prove TA's pedophilia to the jury was the testiphony of a self-proclaimed and exposed pathological liar.

Yes, since the letters were already shown to be forgery's how can the DT just throw out the pedophillia claims KNOWING the letters were in fact FAKE?

That whole thing makes me smh.

K

There were photos shown in court Wednesday of her in her car on 6/3 taken with her phone.

Those photos (the one of Jodi in her car with dark hair) were SO DISTURBING. The fact that she was sitting there all smiley and admiring her new hair when she KNEW she was gonna go and murder Travis...ugh that is just...well I guess that's just classic Jodi now that I think of it. She looked like she was embarrassed when they showed them in court...even SHE realized that did not look good for her.

I agree she is not curable. What she has going on in the head is to ingrained to be fixed. It is who she is. She does not have a conscience. No one can give her that.

K

JM needs to tell the jury what you've said because JA needs to be kept apart from society forever.

I respectfully disagree about the part concerning Nurmi not wanting to ask Deanna those questions especially because he ended the examination with the words he did. He hit a new low with those questions. It always seemed to me he got a lot enjoyment out of the sex questions especially with Jodi. JMHO I was going to use another term but didn't want to get a T/O

kirknurmi_zps5cfe3b91.jpg

'Nuf said...

It is entirely possible that given her professed lack of knowledge of firearms, she failed to realize a round was not chambered in the 25 auto. She may not have been aware that the slide must be pulled back in order to chamber the round or failed to do this prior to pointing the gun at Travis. It may be she pointed a gun at him that was not capable of firing because the round was not chambered. Thus the "kill you bi--h" was uttered. It is entirely possible the gun started the fight into motion and she had to resort to the knife at the beginning. The shot to the head coming after he was dead and drug back to the bathroom where the gun had been knocked from her hands. She picked up the gun and chambered a round just to complete her initial inspiration of fulfilling his worst nightmare as described in the video provided by Jacob Mefford (sp). Did not matter, he was already dead from the slit throat injury...

Jodi may have also pulled over in the desert some where and took a few shots with the 25 cal just to get familiar with how it worked.
We don't know how many bullets were in the gun when it was stolen.
That may be why she used the knife first because the gun might only have had one or two bullets left in it or if she test fired the gun in the desert it may have kept jamming because it had not been cleaned in years.
This would make her rely on the knife as her first choice weapon.

Or the resultant dislike/distaste for law enforcement.

And if it was an aggravated dui it would be a felony charge with mandatory jail time. I don't know what juror 8 looks like, but there's only one person arrested in phx on 4/20 for dui that looks like he could be on this jury and his charge is aggravated. But he's a 40 yo dj, so not sure if he's the "CEO"

Beth Karas said they started scribbling notes like they wanted to have a reason to look away.

Thanks. I am sure they did want to look away. I only hope that justice is served correctly in this case and Travis's family can try to move forward.
Unfortunately their lives will never be the same.

Are those the forged letters JA's mother tried to sell to the Enquirer?

My mom and one of my co-workers are the only ones I know following this case. My daughter asks me for updates once in a while, but no one else I know keeps up with it daily like I do. I usualy get my updates from you great sleuthers. Today I received the following email from my co-worker. She said she heard it mentioned briefly on HLN. I have never heard this or read it anywhere.

email from my co-worker:
I am just now hearing about Jodi, sometime before she was arrested, with a different rental car containing a box of books with a knife, elsewhere a gun, and a bullet in her suitcase.

Gooood morning!!! :seeya:

I was really bummed yesterday afternoon thinking that we don't have trial until next Wednesday. Then I started obsessing over what Travis went through and I got sick to my stomach. Had to take a break from these threads for awhile.

But, then I got home last night, and I MADE DINNER and CLEANED. Something I haven't done in months because of this obsession I have with the trial. I told my husband it feels sooo good to be back in the swing of things a bit. He said, "Yeah because I've been doing everything for four months." Shut up!!!!! Not true!!! But okay, yeah, it kinda is.

So, maybe this will be a nice break. Maybe we can enjoy our real lives a bit and be ready to listen to the surrebuttal drivel, without feeling the need to stab our eardrums with a Bic pen, by the time it comes around.

Plus spring is finally here - 70s this weekend!!! God is shining down, fur the realz. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti