State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the Following so I can't really comment there. I had to get off of that site, I was getting angry at how they were talking about the victims. It made me sick.:banghead:
Yes, the mindset of Jodi's supporters is exactly the same as the those that support that other infamous defendant from Florida. It's really disturbing, but very telling that this is the type of people they attract. Perhaps there is something to the Law of Attraction (like attracts like). :twocents:

I read something on HLN the defense wants to call an expert in brain injuries. Is this true or did I read wrong???

Yes, but I think that was because their client's brain is defective and it is slowly infecting the defense team. It is only prudent that the defense team should consult with an expert in BRAIN INJURIES . JA could be a Walking Carrier of "fognesia". Think of the ramifications of that!:moo::jail:

Nope. And last night Chris Hughes said it would take eight hours to tell all of the stories, so obviously a LOT had happened.

Perhaps I misunderstood but the Hughes were actually afraid of what JA would do to their children! They perceived a potential physical threat and kicked her out. Much nicer than stabbing and shooting someone in 'self-defense' I'd say...

Expect Dt to argue against death due to Jodis mental health issues. PTSD and whatever other
alpabet letters they come up with makes her NOT RESPONSIBLE.
This is the reason for their surrebuttal witness .

thanks..great example...............I remember my Granny always said 'God don't like ugly' She sure wasn't talking about someone countenance...she meant ugly actions. When we kids were acting up or said something unkind, she would tell us not to be ugly. I am sorry that anyone misunderstood or read something other than that.

I remember that saying as well. God don't like ugly, talking about one actions not looks. moo

reminder: if you have an issue with a post hit the alert button and do not respond! :nurse: Do not personalize posts. (if "you" is in your response you may want to review your posts) :tos:

When were the Hughes' suppose to talk to Travis, later by email? Both JA and TA lived no where near the Hughes'. I'd rather talk to him face to face and thought it was a good opportunity to do so then.......after the kids were sleeping so they could spend time with him.

I agree, and let's not forget JA was a guest in their home that night. #1 she shouldn't have been up wandering around the host's home listening at doorways no matter who was or wasn't in the room.
#2 She (if she were normal IMHO) could have waited til Travis came back and asked what was going on. To me that says she knew they were onto her,that the gig was up. She probably saw the warning signs that the Hughs had seen through her act, and wanted to know what they knew.

She had probably saw something in their expressions and or demeanor that she had seen before when her parents knew she was up to no good. I'm sure she saw that same look on the faces of many she did not dupe into buying her act. JMHO

Deedee, jumping off your post. I would have done so as well--except that I would not have waited until the following morning. What I took away from CH last night was that there were many things she had done prior to the incident in which she was listening at the door and it is quite possible that they had been either reluctant or unable ( for instance many people reported JA was clinging and possesive) to talk to TA until that night. IIRC, the Hughes' had children, and it is likely that after repeated offenses and introspection they felt compelled to express their concern as soon as an opportunity presented itself, moo.

I agree with you. I dont think there was anything wrong with talking to Travis while they thought she slept. I have a sister who managed to push every family member away. I was one of the first to cut her off. I understand whats its like to have someone who is evil around. You get rid of them as fast as you can. Remember the look in jodis eyes when JM was questioning jodi about the gas receipts? Thats the look I would see in my sisters eyes when she realizes I was onto her. My mother died in Feb 2012. We could not bury her until until Nov 2012. My sister even blocked my mothers burial. In other words, there are some things that just cant wait or be handled by phone.

I would not worry about the results of the "Jury Circus" on HLN after dark.

IMOO those questions are pre-planned. One women when asked what her question was got very flustered and actually said she forgot her question. If it was HER question you might not word it well , but you would surely remember.

I find it hard to believe Questions can be asked and answered so succinctly . They have time constraints and need rehearsal. It is just another "show" nothing to see here folks.

I agree! IMHO that HNL "After Dark" show is just plain silly even if you have to remind yourself it's only an entertainment show, and the lowest of the low in entertainment! I refuse to watch it because it has nothing to do with the reality of a court trial. It can be very misleading and cause an uproar within the general population. Taken for it's entertainment value I give it a grade of ZERO. It's just ridiculous and HLN should be ashamed of themselves for even airing it. :stormingmad:

Do we know who will be doing the Surrebuttal ?

and between the two which is worse to listen to..

the...long...slow... how did it make yooooou feeeel? .....lets take a step back to 1980..style of Nurmi?

or the nails on a chalk board voice style of Wilmott?

I've got to give the edge to Wilmott, here, Nurmi would bore me to sleep

I agree! IMHO that HNL "After Dark" show is just plain silly even if you have to remind yourself it's only an entertainment show, and the lowest of the low in entertainment! I refuse to watch it because it has nothing to do with the reality of a court trial. It can be very misleading and cause an uproar within the general population. Taken for it's entertainment value I give it a grade of ZERO. It's just ridiculous and HLN should be ashamed of themselves for even airing it. :stormingmad:

I am obsessed and can't get enough of this case but After Dark is even too much for me. And that's saying something!

To add to my previous post, listening at a friends' bedroom door also lends to her already established stalking behavior

I've been gone all day.. What are they trying to say.. that Jodi has Dain Bramage ??? :facepalm: :facepalm:

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubidably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

Do we know who will be doing the Surrebuttal ?

and between the two which is worse to listen to..

the...long...slow... how did it make yooooou feeeel? .....lets take a step back to 1980..style of Nurmi?

or the nails on a chalk board voice style of Wilmott?

I've got to give the edge to Wilmott, here, Nurmi would bore me to sleep

That would be like having to decide between staring at JA all day or listening to her. Both will be dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769