State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubiably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

:goodpost:I am so glad to read your post but sad that you had to read all the negativity and assumptions that have been written on this board about TA's best friends and good friends of the Alexander family. This board is for Justice for Travis and making unfounded comments is so disheartening about the people he loved.:tyou:

I just have to say I have seen a lot of goodness come from this trial. There is a dialogue now on all forms of abuse, that females can be perpetrators of abuse. We now know what sociopaths look like and the terms used to describe when a person is lying and how to recognize these signs.

The kindness has been the most remarkable. The thoughts, prayers and good wishes to the Alexander Family has been amazing. Additionally, The gifts and financial contributions to the family have made a big difference.

Although we all have our opinions on things and may not all agree on things, we have agreed on one thing. Travis most certainly did not deserve to die as he did.

Zuri, a "thanks" was just not enough. I love this post. So true. The grace that the Alexander Family have displayed is a huge tribute to their beloved brother. The coming together of this WS family, led by KCL, has been so inspiring. This is truly a good decent community.

When this trial is over I have promised my husband to never get this involved in a trial again. (right?) Till next time.

Justice for Travis!!

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubiably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

Wish I could thank you twice for this post. Actually, I can...

Thank you!
Thank you!

Yes she did and was asked to leave again, only to come back and stare down another guest in the kitchen after being thrown out. Stalk much Jodi?

Well..Thank goodness I'm a normal person (I think), I would have cried my eyes out and wonder why these people hate me and then high tail it out of their home never to be seen by them or Travis again.

The State listed Hayes Hammer as a witness? And she will testify about what?
Quotes below are clipped from Hayes Hammer CV at http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

Publications...
Martin, R.C., Hayes, J.S., & Gouvier, W.D. (1996). Differential vulnerability between postconcussion self-report and objective malingering tests
in identifying simulated mild head injury. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 18(2), 265-275....

9. Hayes, J.S., Martin, R., & Gouvier, W.D. (1995). Influence of prior knowledge and experience

on the ability to feign mild head injury symptoms in head injured and non head injured
college students. Applied Neuropsychology, 2, 63-66....
6. Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2001). How can clinicians determine whether patients are malingering? HIV Clinician, 13(3), 10-11.....

Chapters:....
Gouvier, W.D., Lees-Haley, P., & Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2003). The neuropsychological examination in the
detection of malingering in the forensic arena: Costs and benefits. In G. Prigatano, M. Cullum, & N. Pliskin (Ed).
Clinical Neuropsychology and Cost Outcome Research: A Beginning

Audiotapes:....
3. Hayes Hammer, JS, - “Detecting ‘Faking Good’ Using a New Screening Measure,” audio taped for distribution
at the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Annual Meeting, from October 14-17, 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubidably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

BRAVO! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Jodi after the checkpoint.....

I was thinking of myself, my family, what would happen, I knew I messed up, and I wanted to delay the inevitable..... She never mentions thinking of TA or his family, and she never says she feels remorse, she just says she wants to rewind the clock so that that never happened. She wants to cover up things like she was never there...

Everything is so hard for her to explain. blech, blech, blech,

then her fake voice mail

I would pick Willmot rather than Nurmi. I can't watch Nurmi's questioning longer than 20 minutes.

Who's the surrebuttal witness Juan bringing in?

Picking between Nurmi and Wilmott's is like picking the lesser of two evils. If Nurmi starts droning on, the jury may just get bored and tune him out and then not listen to what he says. Having said that, Wilmott's chirpiness would also make me tune out and I'd probably just mentally go to my happy place.

I bet the jurors can't wait to hear JM's closing! It sounds like they always perk up when he starts talking.

as for the intruder story, she came up with that in one of her first phone interviews with det. flores. he didn't feed her that story. it's the REASON she used 2 weapons----she WANTED it to look like 2 intruders and throw the police off her trail.

Could very well be or.........there really was supposed to be a staged burglary but it got foiled for some reason.

I don't believe Flores really gave her that idea because like I said, he was saying the same thing to her mother so it's what HE believed could've happened.

The thought of trying to successfully take down a man who has over 75 pounds over me and 3 inches above me, with a knife.... is a very scary thought. I would never EVER attempt that (especially if I had a gun) even if he was in a small close closet.
The odds of him gaining control outweigh the odds of me succeeding. Being in a shower would be an impediment. Not a guarantee.
So.....again, we're missing something.

Anyways, please let's stop this non-sense talk on the Hughes' :please:

In the grand scheme of things, this is ultimately Justice for Travis.

I respect MichaelJames' post and happy to hear they are there 100% with the Alexander family.

Let's keep focused here! Friday is coming in 3 days! :rocker:

Picking between Nurmi and Wilmott's is like picking the lesser of two evils. If Nurmi starts droning on, the jury may just get bored and tune him out and then not listen to what he says. Having said that, Wilmott's chirpiness would also make me tune out and I'd probably just mentally go to my happy place.

I bet the jurors can't wait to hear JM's closing! It sounds like they always perk up when he starts talking.

I think the jury wants to hear from the judge - go to your room and deliberate.

The State listed Hayes Hammer as a witness? And she will testify about what?
Quotes below are clipped from Hayes Hammer CV at http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

Publications...
Martin, R.C., Hayes, J.S., & Gouvier, W.D. (1996). Differential vulnerability between postconcussion self-report and objective malingering tests
in identifying simulated mild head injury. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 18(2), 265-275....

9. Hayes, J.S., Martin, R., & Gouvier, W.D. (1995). Influence of prior knowledge and experience

on the ability to feign mild head injury symptoms in head injured and non head injured
college students. Applied Neuropsychology, 2, 63-66....
6. Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2001). How can clinicians determine whether patients are malingering? HIV Clinician, 13(3), 10-11.....

Chapters:....
Gouvier, W.D., Lees-Haley, P., & Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2003). The neuropsychological examination in the
detection of malingering in the forensic arena: Costs and benefits. In G. Prigatano, M. Cullum, & N. Pliskin (Ed).
Clinical Neuropsychology and Cost Outcome Research: A Beginning

Audiotapes:....
3. Hayes Hammer, JS, - “Detecting ‘Faking Good’ Using a New Screening Measure,” audio taped for distribution
at the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Annual Meeting, from October 14-17, 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland.

Oh yeah :rockon: JM is going to up the ante .. this is going to HURT .. :please:

That's worked for me after that..i boot up in safe mode and run my virus scan 1st I unplug my internet..sometimes viruses come alive on a internet connection..

run my antivirus software and malware bytes... then boot back up normally

sucks getting one of those viruses tough as hell to get rid of

Once you go Mac you never go back. One of the main reasons is b/c viruses aren't written for Macs to the same degree as PC's.

The campaign for "Travis Alexander's Law" (to stop the slander of victims by the accused) was started on March 20th on change.org and announced through a dedicated Facebook page and other social media sites. In the first 15 hours they got 900 signatures. They will surely be successful in getting all the signatures they need before the end of this trial. Those guys are on it![/QUOTE

Can any of us sign this petition, or is only for individuals living in AZ?

Its like asking me would you rather have a cavity filled with no novacane or a root canal done with no novacane. Both absolutely painful but one a little more tolerable

I would pick Willmot rather than Nurmi. I can't watch Nurmi's questioning longer than 20 minutes.

Who's the surrebuttal witness Juan bringing in?

Has it been decided? Is Juan going to be allowed to have a surrebuttal witness?

The campaign for "Travis Alexander's Law" (to stop the slander of victims by the accused) was started on March 20th on change.org and announced through a dedicated Facebook page and other social media sites. In the first 15 hours they got 900 signatures. They will surely be successful in getting all the signatures they need before the end of this trial. Those guys are on it![/QUOTE

Can any of us sign this petition, or is only for individuals living in AZ?

I signed it and I am not in AZ .

Oh yeah :rockon: JM is going to up the ante .. this is going to HURT .. :please:

OMG, this is a beautiful thing. I hope Juan finally gets to talk about malingering. The DT just doesn't know when to stop hanging themselves...

You and me both. And I still say I would not have had a 45-60 minute pow wow about someone staying in my home. Not going to happen.

No matter how close a friend is to me, if that friend brought someone into my home that I was afraid to be around my kids, I would ask them both to leave. Friends do NOT come before my kids!! If I had been the Hughes, I would have protected my kids by taking Travis aside and asking him to take Jodi out of my house! My kids come before anyone else! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX