State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been decided? Is Juan going to be allowed to have a surrebuttal witness?

KCL says the family was all smiles after the hearing this morning. So it sounds like something good went the state's way. We'll see!!

The main issue in determining the sequence, I think, is the coughing up of blood at the sink? Which of the two injuries, the shot to the right forehead or the stab of the inferior vena cava, would have been most likely to cause Travis to cough up blood all over the sink? The answer to that tells the sequence!

The simple fact that there was no stippling proves that Jodi's version is impossible. Gun powder burns can NOT be washed away and if he was coming at her and she shot him that close there would be stippling. Period.

Thank you so much for that. It's a hard road, huh?

She's been clean for five years now. Never thought we'd get here but I'm so thankful we did.

:hug:

Keep the faith!!! As someone else said earlier....been there, been through it.

OMG, this is a beautiful thing. I hope Juan finally gets to talk about malingering. The DT just doesn't know when to stop hanging themselves...

How good hey? And the last thing the jury will hear before closing is an expert discussing her fakery LOL!! You faked your FOG .. we don't believe you .. I hope he can slide in something about faking other things, oh I don't know .. something else head related .. like say a MIGRAINE!!

Looking forward to that deer in the headlights look on Wilmott I love so much :)

There is a sidebar thread for those who wish to chit chat about non trial related things.....:wave:

It's fun

Yup, and i've done it to a male friend of mine. He brought over a girl and she was in my closed bedroom looking at my books! She did not stay long and I told him either she leaves, or you both leave, take your pick. Again, we all handle situations differently.

No matter how close a friend is to me, if that friend brought someone into my home that I was afraid to be around my kids, I would ask them both to leave. Friends do NOT come before my kids!! If I had been the Hughes, I would have protected my kids by taking Travis aside and asking him to take Jodi out of my house! My kids come before anyone else! JMO

How can you even compare? Does your mother call a secret meeting, when she's pretty sure your husband is sleeping, so she can speak against him and convince you he's no good? You mother, even while she's having a private mother-daughter conversation with you, probably considers your husband a part of her family. He'd have no reason to be suspicious, I gather. If he came to the bedroom door, he'd be more or less welcome, right? Otherwise, to exclude him would be rude, cold, condescending and objectifying.
Where are you getting the "secret meeting" part from? How do you know they didn't just knock at Travis's door, and ask to have a word with him? You also have absolutely NO proof they were saying all kinds of nasty things about JA. Perhaps they were asking Travis what his priorities were - did he think he was on track, did he think this was a serious relationship on HIS part, ect, ect.
Eavesdropping is NEVER a good idea in my book. But to each their own.....

Update to my OT....the virus threat notices were from my AVG antivirus and were legit. The virus threats were removed and are archived. I just ran a full computer scan and there are no threats. Apparently the AVG did the trick :) But TY for the warning on the malware! I sincerely appreciate it especially about the X.... TY!

Used a mac for 20 years, never had a virus. Ever. :rockon:

I was a die hard PC user for 10 years up until 2006. I started working at a marketing agency and made the switch then. I've never gone back. Except for instances when it's forced upon me; like the job I have now. :banghead: But then that's someone elses headache for the day if a virus outbreak happens. And I do not allow PC's on my home network either. Strictly Mac and "i" products. I have drank the kool-aid yes. :drumroll: Yes they are more expensive but if you value your time and sanity (and pocket book if you can't repair the virus yourself) then switching to Mac makes too much sense.

This trial is starting to resemble an election. Everyone trying to get that last vote. Hopefully 3 more days.

KCL says the family was all smiles after the hearing this morning. So it sounds like something good went the state's way. We'll see!!

Maybe manslaughter will not be a consideration for the jury. Im just guessing.

The State listed Hayes Hammer as a witness? And she will testify about what?
Quotes below are clipped from Hayes Hammer CV at http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

Publications...
Martin, R.C., Hayes, J.S., & Gouvier, W.D. (1996). Differential vulnerability between postconcussion self-report and objective malingering tests
in identifying simulated mild head injury. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 18(2), 265-275....

9. Hayes, J.S., Martin, R., & Gouvier, W.D. (1995). Influence of prior knowledge and experience

on the ability to feign mild head injury symptoms in head injured and non head injured
college students. Applied Neuropsychology, 2, 63-66....
6. Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2001). How can clinicians determine whether patients are malingering? HIV Clinician, 13(3), 10-11.....

Chapters:....
Gouvier, W.D., Lees-Haley, P., & Hayes Hammer, J.S. (2003). The neuropsychological examination in the
detection of malingering in the forensic arena: Costs and benefits. In G. Prigatano, M. Cullum, & N. Pliskin (Ed).
Clinical Neuropsychology and Cost Outcome Research: A Beginning

Audiotapes:....
3. Hayes Hammer, JS, - “Detecting ‘Faking Good’ Using a New Screening Measure,” audio taped for distribution
at the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Annual Meeting, from October 14-17, 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland.

well, we know malingering is psych field term for lying, and that is a major issue for this defendant. We may not have heard the full extent of all the testing involved with this case, though we have seen a high degree of lying, deception, and manipulation and I don't think we even know the whole extent. ie. we don't know what JA did that TA was so mad in late May. And, during her interrogation with Flores, she mentioned something happened on 'Friday' but did not ever say what, I think she was closer to breaking then, but the questioning got her thoughts going another way.

IMO, hindsight is 20/20, and we can see now some potential pivotal points in the interrogation tapes, when she (a personality of her type) was on a turning point, and when she was not. I hope there are analysts looking at how this twisted and turned to glean lessons learned to help all LE with future interrogations.

Maybe manslaughter will not be a consideration for the jury. Im just guessing.

In which case this would be an all-or-nothing verdict....I know she's guilty but the thought of that makes me a lil nervous. I know what she deserves. I just what that to be what she gets.

TBO I believe the Judge will include the lesser charges.

It always makes me happy to hear that! Thanks for bringing that info over :)

The campaign for "Travis Alexander's Law" (to stop the slander of victims by the accused) was started on March 20th on change.org and announced through a dedicated Facebook page and other social media sites. In the first 15 hours they got 900 signatures. They will surely be successful in getting all the signatures they need before the end of this trial. Those guys are on it![/QUOTE

Can any of us sign this petition, or is only for individuals living in AZ?

I signed it and I'm in VA.

Jeez, I couldn't disagree more.

They saw scary things in JA. Should they have waited to tell TA that?? They thought she was sleeping! They're rude and paranoid?? I think that's going a bit far. JMO.

Apparently they weren't too afraid for him. All they did was warn him while she was a GUEST in their home? While they thought she was out of ear shot? Of course Travis wold be defensive and of course it would make her angry.

I think they could have talked with him the very next day. If they were THAT concerned, they would have told him to get her out of their home immediately, not lay there wondering if their children were safe. If my children were in harms way, you can bet I wouldn't let that person stay another hour in my home.

In the end, they were right to be concerned but did nothing about it. Travis knew she was a danger to him and his friends and did nothing about it. I guess my hinky meter would have gone off and I would have let everyone, including the police, friends and family know to look out for this woman. I think she was determined to have him, and determined that he die, but I would have tried.

I also believe firmly when she rented that second car and placed a gun and two knives in it in July of 2008, after she had murdered Travis, she was on her way to kill the Hughes and Mimi. And if released, she will kill again.

With total respect, I'm confused. The rules are posted and are pretty clear. I know if I've ever had a question about my own posts, I've contacted the mods to review them and let me know....

I guess I have a problem with rules...too many...probably not the place for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn