State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this trial is coming to an end, is there a case you guys plan on following after this? Anyone going to follow the Trayvon Martin trial?

I can't believe that people are so concerned about Jodi's feelings in this situation, when it just reinforces the stalking behaviour she has engaged in all her life. Not only is she a stalker and murderer, she is a terrible houseguest too!!!!! If they would have kicked her out in the middle of the night (when all this eavesdropping was all going down), the Hughes would be called all sorts of things for throwing 'poor' Jodi out in the street with no place to go. The Hughes are not on trial here. :banghead:

AMEN!!!

A simple thanks just wasn't enough.

I don't know if it's because I used to know a girl who could've been JA's twin (and I don't mean looks-wise) but The Hughes were a lot more polite than I would have been. There comes a point when you're dealing with someone like JA (with the whole obsession, stalking, sexual aura thing) when you can't wait anymore, you don't know what these kinds of people will do, at least in my experience. Who knows what went on that night in their home and sometimes when you see someone you love heading for potential trouble you have to do what you can when you can, at least I believe I would if it were me. JA also strikes me as very passive/aggressive and she seems to take pleasure in it. Just my opinion of course. :twocents:

Deedee, jumping off your post. I would have done so as well--except that I would not have waited until the following morning. What I took away from CH last night was that there were many things she had done prior to the incident in which she was listening at the door and it is quite possible that they had been either reluctant or unable ( for instance many people reported JA was clinging and possesive) to talk to TA until that night. IIRC, the Hughes' had children, and it is likely that after repeated offenses and introspection they felt compelled to express their concern as soon as an opportunity presented itself, moo.

I'm a little bit country ... and a little bit rock n' roll.:rockon:

Does fasting require one to abstain from alcoholic beverages? TIA

There are different types of fasting. I'm fasting from solids that day, which means I'll only ingest liquids, mainly V-8 and water, with prayer.

I've never done an alcoholic fast. Methinks major headaches would get in the way of work. :D

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubidably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

I TOTALLY AGREE. They are STAND UP PEOPLE and they always had their friends back. they wanted what was best for him. I can understand them doing what they did and I think they also did the right thing. Who would want their friends around a stalker like that? That would scare the hell out of me if I was having a PRIVATE discussion with someone and had another person lurking around where they were NOT invited to the conversation. People think that since they talk about a case on a message board or go to the trial when they know NO ONE involved and interject themselves into the story line they have a vested interest and they do not.

But you are looking at this as a (presumably ;)) normal person. The Hughes were concerned about JA because she was scary, abnormal, not right, they didn't know what she was capable of.

It's one thing for them to be talking badly about her behind her back if she's just a regular ole nice person. But she is a sociopath and they sensed that. So I think that makes the scenario a little different.

Plus, what the heck is she doing up in the middle of the night, after being seen to be sound asleep in her room, snooping about in another part of their house, and listening in on conversations going on in her host's bedroom??? If she awoke at night and wondered where Travis was, she should have looked in the common area, then phoned him if she was that worried. Otherwise... it's none of her business. Deal with it in the morning. Even if she thought she heard Travis' voice coming from somewhere near their private area, she should have understood they were having a private conversation, and politely returned to her room. It clearly wasn't an emergency that needed her intervention. It's just bad manners, and frankly, stalkery.

Since this trial is coming to an end, is there a case you guys plan on following after this? Anyone going to follow the Trayvon Martin trial?

I am waiting forthe Michael Jacques trial for the killing of 12 year old Brooke in Vermont.

No. I don't think I can handle that one.

I'm an atheist and even I say it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: sorry, not laughing at you...but at what you said! you gave me a much needed laugh!

I agree. I agree! For everyone throwing rotten tomatoes at me please know that I know Jodiis evil and she slaughtered a good man. But at the beginning, if I had a guest in my home and I felt they were odd I would tell my friend we MUST talk the next day, but if I proceeded to be so rude to talk about a guest while they were in my home and then found they were lurking outside the door, and have them give me an evil look, I would not say "Good night now". And lay there wondering if my kids were safe. The guest and my friend would be out on their tails then. So to go back all those years and say they thought she was evil but they allowed for her to stay? Hmmm. I don't know.
I'm not throwing tomatoes at you, I promise.

I can't think of the right word but perhaps in both the Hughes and Travis's case they are too trusting/too nice/less reactive (none of those words are quite right) for want of a better way to describe things, in Travis's case tragically so.

Zach Holly, arrested in connection with the murder of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgman.

Charges = capital murder, kidnapping, rape, and residential burglary charges.

He's Jodi's kind of pedophile.

I can't believe that people are so concerned about Jodi's feelings in this situation, when it just reinforces the stalking behaviour she has engaged in all her life. Not only is she a stalker and murderer, she is a terrible houseguest too!!!!! If they would have kicked her out in the middle of the night (when all this eavesdropping was all going down), the Hughes would be called all sorts of things for throwing 'poor' Jodi out in the street with no place to go. The Hughes are not on trial here. :banghead:
As I said in my other post, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Personally if I was feeling about JA as the Hughes did, I would waited until I knew she was not in the house. Perhaps asked him to come and visit on his own, or even arrange to see him somewhere. This is not because I care about her feelings, I don't at all but just because she did what was almost predictable behaviour...

Sorry if this has been answered up thread, but do we know if DT won motion to have the new psych testify to rebut both Doc H and Doc D? TIA

Sorry if this has been answered up thread, but do we know if DT won motion to have the new psych testify to rebut both Doc H and Doc D? TIA

I don't think we know for sure.....but Katie did post she saw Travis' family after the closed hearing today and they were smiling...so what ever...something went their way!! Yee Haw!!

I agree. I agree! For everyone throwing rotten tomatoes at me please know that I know Jodiis evil and she slaughtered a good man. But at the beginning, if I had a guest in my home and I felt they were odd I would tell my friend we MUST talk the next day, but if I proceeded to be so rude to talk about a guest while they were in my home and then found they were lurking outside the door, and have them give me an evil look, I would not say "Good night now". And lay there wondering if my kids were safe. The guest and my friend would be out on their tails then. So to go back all those years and say they thought she was evil but they allowed for her to stay? Hmmm. I don't know.

They're allowed to have private conversations with their guests in their bedroom out of earshot of others. That's their right, and they have the right to feel what they feel. If Travis felt uncomfortable, he would have spoken up. Again, its their home and if they felt that they needed to talk to Travis at that moment, I don't see a problem with it.

I'm not going to win any friends here with this but here goes:

I thought what CH said yesterday on Dr Drew was strange and it sort of gave me the creeps. From what I understood, JA and TA were at the Hughes home. The Hughes when up to their bedroom. JA went to bed in a different part of the house and TA went up to the Hughes bedroom to talk. The three of them spoke for a couple of hours and it was the middle of the night. JA was outside the door listening, she got caught and TA told her he would come to say goodnight later. They continued to talk and JA came back and got caught again.

Ok, first of all, I've never went up to my friends bedroom and talked for hours in the middle of the night with my BF in another part of the house alone. iirc Huges said it was the middle of the night, so why would TA go to say Goodnight to JA later (in the morning?) as he stated. I don't know, but CH set a very strange scenario in my mind. Something was not right with that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels