State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far away from Travis did Chris live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please be prepared to make a shift to a new thread and for this thread to close in 10 minutes... I will be back with the link to the new thread in a bit... :seeya:

It seems like for Wilmott it's really become about winning.

I totally agree with you. Some narcissism shining through maybe?

And jumping off that, I don't think she wants this woman walking the streets, though, no matter how chummy they appear. It could be as simple as Wilmott is against death as a means of penalty, or maybe she just wants to keep Juan from getting the penalty the state wants, or just wants it for her status as an attorney. But I cannot see her truly wanting Jodi freed.

If Wilmott does believe Jodi's story, then she is a fool. If she does not believe It and still wants Jodi free, then she has no conscience. I am in agreement with those that think Jodi will kill again if given the chance.

I'm not throwing tomatoes at you, I promise.

I can't think of the right word but perhaps in both the Hughes and Travis's case they are too trusting/too nice/less reactive (none of those words are quite right) for want of a better way to describe things, in Travis's case tragically so.

I doubt the Hughes had ever encountered anyone evil like JA before and I'm sure they didn't know to handle it. As much as she creeped them out, I doubt they seriously thought thought she was capable of murder at the time. Stalking... yes, tire slashing yes... but murder? However, they did warn Travis and banned her from their house. I'd be willing to bet that was a very big step for them and they didn't take it lightly.

Most people are not true crime junkies/victim advocates like our Websleuths family. I worked at the PD for 5 years and it changed how I view everything. There are so many little daily occurrences that most people dismiss, but I view suspiciously. So I can understand why some people are saying that they would have contacted the police and kicked her out of the house immediately, but the Hughes didn't live in that world - unfortunately they do now.

I'm not going to win any friends here with this but here goes:

I thought what CH said yesterday on Dr Drew was strange and it sort of gave me the creeps. From what I understood, JA and TA were at the Hughes home. The Hughes when up to their bedroom. JA went to bed in a different part of the house and TA went up to the Hughes bedroom to talk. The three of them spoke for a couple of hours and it was the middle of the night. JA was outside the door listening, she got caught and TA told her he would come to say goodnight later. They continued to talk and JA came back and got caught again.

Ok, first of all, I've never went up to my friends bedroom and talked for hours in the middle of the night with my BF in another part of the house alone. iirc Huges said it was the middle of the night, so why would TA go to say Goodnight to JA later (in the morning?) as he stated. I don't know, but CH set a very strange scenario in my mind. Something was not right with that story.

Depends on context, if Travis was in need to having a friend to talk too, maybe he was in crisis and needed his buddy to speak with, remember Travis had NO parents at that time and Chris Hughes was like Travis's Big Brother and Sky was like his Big Sister, or Parental figures I would say. He trusted them and obviously did NOT trust Arias. Besides, when Travis told her the FIRST time to GO to bed, she would have respected him.

I agree, and let's not forget JA was a guest in their home that night. #1 she shouldn't have been up wandering around the host's home listening at doorways no matter who was or wasn't in the room.
#2 She (if she were normal IMHO) could have waited til Travis came back and asked what was going on. To me that says she knew they were onto her,that the gig was up. She probably saw the warning signs that the Hughs had seen through her act, and wanted to know what they knew.

She had probably saw something in their expressions and or demeanor that she had seen before when her parents knew she was up to no good. I'm sure she saw that same look on the faces of many she did not dupe into buying her act. JMHO

What a good post. I know I have had guests in my home that I have literally kicked out on the spot. Jodi was way out of bounds to sneak around anywhere in the Hughes' home. She was just plain nosey, probably sensed they didn't care for her, and wanted to know what they were saying. What "adult" does that? Neither Chris or Skye seem the type to with-hold their feelings. You can bet your butt if I sensed someone was just not right for one of my friends I would tell them my feelings. Jodi was, is, and always will be creepy. She has the crazy eyes. I am glad the Hughes' are speaking out for their friend, and their promise to keep Travis' reputation intact is awesome. I wish them all the best.

Just BEAUTIFUL!

I agree! While I am a person very in touch with my feelings, I rarely get goosebumps. I was COVERED in them when I watched this video.
God bless all who are doing so much to lift up all who loved Travis!

It's also more than obvious that the Hughes got hustled by KN, and I am glad Chris got on the stand, he represented TA well despite the desperate efforts of the DT.

I'm so confused. I got a late start in following this trial and I had not heard the Hughes' names mentioned until very recently. Googling info on them makes me even more confused (they lectured Travis about using women, but also ultimately asked Jodi not to return to their home, I think??). Can someone tell me how they figure in this case, and how the Hughes were "hustled by Nurmi "?

I can't sign it.
I believe once a person testifies the testimony becomes evidence. It's up to the jury to decide. I respect the system the way it is.

In this case specifically, I think it works against her anyway. Time will tell.

I would sign a petition to have the licensing board review her behavior

I'm not going to win any friends here with this but here goes:

I thought what CH said yesterday on Dr Drew was strange and it sort of gave me the creeps. From what I understood, JA and TA were at the Hughes home. The Hughes when up to their bedroom. JA went to bed in a different part of the house and TA went up to the Hughes bedroom to talk. The three of them spoke for a couple of hours and it was the middle of the night. JA was outside the door listening, she got caught and TA told her he would come to say goodnight later. They continued to talk and JA came back and got caught again.

Ok, first of all, I've never went up to my friends bedroom and talked for hours in the middle of the night with my BF in another part of the house alone. iirc Huges said it was the middle of the night, so why would TA go to say Goodnight to JA later (in the morning?) as he stated. I don't know, but CH set a very strange scenario in my mind. Something was not right with that story.

I respectfully disagree. It doesn't seem strange to me at all.

In my family and circle of friends, we have several late-nighters that stay up to the wee hours talking and watching movies while others have gone to bed. When we get together we have mini-groups all over whichever home we're in talking and catching up, for hours and hours.

Maybe Jodi said she was tired and was going to sleep. Maybe she and Travis were sleeping in separate quarters and that's why he was "going in to say good night" and it wasn't unusual for him to go to bed after. We don't know for sure and it really doesn't matter IMHO.

Travis was their friend. They were concerned about the woman he was seeing and wanted to talk with him about her. They went to their bedroom where they could close the door for privacy, and the kids were asleep so all was quiet.

I just don't find anything strange with any of that.

I totally agree with you. Some narcissism shining through maybe?

And jumping off that, I don't think she wants this woman walking the streets, though, no matter how chummy they appear. It could be as simple as Wilmott is against death as a means of penalty, or maybe she just wants to keep Juan from getting the penalty the state wants, or just wants it for her status as an attorney. But I cannot see her truly wanting Jodi freed.

If Wilmott does believe Jodi's story, then she is a fool. If she does not believe It and still wants Jodi free, then she has no conscience. I am in agreement with those that think Jodi will kill again if given the chance.

I would guess she's trying to do her job with the load of crap Jodi handed her. Her job at this point is to save Jodi's life. I can hardly bash her for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member