GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for a second about how scared she would be and how she trusted him ........and now I'm going to smoke and step away for a few. Rest in peace little angel.

Sorry guys, I hate to say that I knew the twelve year old's arrest was inevitable. The whole situation is just incredibly sad. Rest in Peace little Leila. What a senseless crime.

The story always sounded too wild to me. I wish I was more shocked.

Me too, I pretty much suspected him from the get go. LES wording of Leila being targeted and the boy at the presser...... God be with this family.
:moo:

Its what a lot of us feared but didn't want to imagine. Off to cry and hug my kids. Hang in there websleuthers..

OK...I can say now that I did have serious doubts about the brother since the beginning, but I am very proud of this forum for showing such restraint. If he were innocent in this (and he hasn't been proven guilty) it would have been a huge tragedy for people to blame him and be wrong.

I wonder how much more we will actually learn, considering he is a minor. Will he be charged as an adult? Oh...this is just too much to take in. This boy must be seriously disturbed to do something like this.

This is what we all feared, isn't it?

Not surprised, but had hoped and prayed that it wouldn't end this way.

I had hoped it wouldn't go this way.

I am so sorry for Priscilla and BF. They thought the worst had already happened. But tonight it got even worse for them.

Terrible for the parents, and for the other siblings. They've got a rough road ahead of them.

Poor little Leila. It must have been so horrible for her.

I have to give the county sheriff credit. They tried hard to find evidence that it was someone else.

I had always questioned the statement that he had chased the intruder. Kept telling myself it was probably a misquote. But it sounded like the statement of a 12 yo who was trying to deflect.

I do wonder what led up to his arrest. Did it come from evidence, or did he finally confess?

What did the parents know?

They weren't charged with obstruction of justice or any sort of cover-up.

It was said that the brother had been talking to LE, and I'm not sure if they would send him there if they thought he was guilty.

But it's hard for me to imagine them all living together for the past 2 weeks and them never suspecting a thing.

Plus the kid had to be totally off to do something like this....

OK...I can say now that I did have serious doubts about the brother since the beginning, but I am very proud of this forum for showing such restraint. If he were innocent in this (and he hasn't been proven guilty) it would have been a huge tragedy for people to blame him and be wrong.

I wonder how much more we will actually learn, considering he is a minor. Will he be charged as an adult? Oh...this is just too much to take in. This boy must be seriously disturbed to do something like this.

Same here with the doubts. I can't say I'm surprised. I just didn't want it to be him, for Leila's sake, in her last moments, and for the sake of her parents and the other children.

I have to give the county sheriff credit. They tried hard to find evidence that it was someone else.

I had always questioned the statement that he had chased the intruder. Kept telling myself it was probably a misquote. But it sounded like the statement of a 12 yo who was trying to deflect.

I do wonder what led up to his arrest. Did it come from evidence, or did he finally confess?

It happened at the substation. I'm thinking he either confessed or LE asked the parents to bring him down for more questioning or to work on the sketch because they didn't want to arrest him at the home.

Do you think it was premeditated? :(

Could have been a game gone awry. I am still not on board with this.

As some of you may have guessed. I am no sleuth. I have responsibilities in Rancho Calaveras and have had for the past 30 years. I know the area. I know the history. I spent a terrible evening on the day of the crime. A phone call was mysteriously interrupted and I thought the worse. The sheriff's department, despite all that was happening, was great about fielding my concerns. I don't understand why folks insist on feeding livestock in the middle of a “shelter in place.”

I want to thank all of you who tolerated my conspiracy theories and random blather. It was therapeutic for me. You are the greatest. I wish you all well. Even the moderator who deleted my posts. :) All the best. WWC02.

I'm thinking they found the murder weapon somewhere in all those mounds of stuff they took out of the house, and got finger prints. Maybe when they confronted him with the evidence, he broke down and confessed.

Yes, it's a crying shame. But at least everyone, except the kids' family, can breath a little easier knowing the murderer has been caught.

Question: What the hell took the police so long (2 weeks) to figure this out? A 12-year-old should be easy for police to break down. PLUS he must have had his whole body and all his clothes covered in blood!

12-year-olds aren't very good at cleaning up their tracks in a vicious, sloppy murder in their own home. You would think the cops could easily figure it out. So why 2 weeks?

Did the brother not have blood on him? I wonder if there was any warning signs that the family knew of about this boy being different? I am so very sad for the family. They are losing another child today and I'm sure they have very mixed feelings

What did the parents know?

They weren't charged with obstruction of justice or any sort of cover-up.

It was said that the brother had been talking to LE, and I'm not sure if they would send him there if they thought he was guilty.

But it's hard for me to imagine them all living together for the past 2 weeks and them never suspecting a thing.

Plus the kid had to be totally off to do something like this....

BBM

Maybe but not necessarily. At 12 hormones are rising and self control is getting weaker.

Kids who are normally very well behaved sometimes start acting out by this age.

Yes, it's a crying shame. But at least everyone, except the kids' family, can breath a little easier knowing the murderer has been caught.

Question: What the hell took the police so long (2 weeks) to figure this out? A 12-year-old should be easy for police to break down. PLUS he must have had his whole body and all his clothes covered in blood!

12-year-olds aren't very good at cleaning up their tracks in a vicious, sloppy murder in their own home. You would think the cops could easily figure it out. So why 2 weeks?

They wanted to make sure they had the right person. Likely felt he wasn't a threat to anyone else? However, there are 2 other young children in the home.

FYI...not sure if we can post family FB, but reading CW's....just WOW!!! A lot of stuff about Priscilla there. Doesn't seem as though anyone has yet heard the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder