GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only earlier today, we had this:

Hewitt says it could take weeks before investigators have checked all the tips. There is still no suspect in the murder."

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/loc..._campaign=News

LE rarely will rarely call someone a suspect until an arrest. It will also be interesting to see about the level of cooperation, but that may only come out at trial.

So if this goes through juvie court I would imagine we won't hear many details. Everything would be sealed right??? Or would we learn details but no name given??

The family must be is utter disbelief.

Also, my earlier hunch was the neighbor saying she saw the intruder after hearing someone explain it to her and she wanted to give the boy credibility or something? Or took him for his word?

I have a feeling that LE has pretty much known all along what happened in this case. In one way, it shows that LE may well say they do not have a suspect when in fact they do, but are not ready to proceed.

Guys I am going to be starting a new thread with media links and closing this one so if you are getting ready to post hold off for a few minutes.

Thank you,
Tricia

They wanted to make sure they had the right person. Likely felt he wasn't a threat to anyone else? However, there are 2 other young children in the home.

FYI...not sure if we can post family FB, but reading CW's....just WOW!!! A lot of stuff about Priscilla there. Doesn't seem as though anyone has yet heard the presser.

I see a lot of Crystal Walters on FB. Can u narrow it down for me? Does it say a middle name or anything?

ETA: Nevermind i see it posted.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Question: What the hell took the police so long (2 weeks) to figure this out? A 12-year-old should be easy for police to break down. PLUS he must have had his whole body and all his clothes covered in blood!

12-year-olds aren't very good at cleaning up their tracks in a vicious, sloppy murder in their own home. You would think the cops could easily figure it out. So why 2 weeks?

They spent days looking for something, many speculated the murder weapon & possibly clothes too. I think LE knew almost from day 1. They brought FBI blood sniffing dogs from Washington DC to Calif. They don't do that for every murder. To go to that expense they had to know what they would find nearby right? They also want their ducks in a row. JMO

This makes me so sad. I had a bad feeling all this time. As a parent...and just a human...I was very much hoping it wouldn't be the brother. I wonder if the police did know from the beginning. Good police work rules everyone out, no matter what their feeling. I just really hope that the parents did not help in trying to hide or misconstrue evidence. (I hope saying that wasn't against any rules.)

I have a feeling that LE has pretty much known all along what happened in this case. In one way, it shows that LE may well say they do not have a suspect when in fact they do, but are not ready to proceed.

Yes I think they did too. I have been following this thread, but haven't posted as I don't think I would have been able to stay within the rules. The story didn't make any sense right from the start. The question now is why? what on earth made him kill his little sister and so savagely as well? RIP little Leila:heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther