SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone, I can't believe that this jury will not see this thru to the end. They have too much time and emotion invested.
I also want the DP for the killer, if she doesn't deserve it, who does.
BUT, if they can't come to an agreement, I hope they give the family the option of agreeing to life or bringing in another jury. This has been 5 long years for the family, and it needs to end. Steven needs to get back to his child and wife, all of them needs to move on. If they want to continue, I'm with them 100%, but I know they must be tired.
Watching miss ponytail, smiling and socializing yesterday, I kept thinking, she'll consider life a win for her. But I think shortly after she starts living it, she may reconsider.

Didn't mean to offend anyone.
It is satirical based on JA's "change of perspective" on whether she wanted the DP or not.
Obviously I don't expect (or want) the jury to actually do this) it was a joke.

Looked like a joke to me.

Looking at CKJA's face in the interview with the woman in the orange dress (sorry, I don't know her name - that may be the abc15 interview), Jodi's face really looks like a mask. What it brought to mind was the nature of the mask in Jim Carrey's movie, "The Mask."

JA's face/voice were expressionless with the female detective in Yreka also. That may be her normal mode, and she only bothers to feign animation with specific people for specific reasons.

Good morning, sunshines!!!!

:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

I, for one, believe in the big IF. Today (hopefully) is verdict day and it WILL be unanimous for the DP.....I just have a feeling.

And, if by chance, it is a hung jury (GOD forbid), all of us will band together and get through it. The Alexander's are a strong family. They will be horribly disappointed, but they will get through it. I'm a firm believer that God never gives us more than we can handle.

Here are the two latest videos;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1y6D8Jh1dQ"]Jodi's final court statement - With my commentary - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[video=youtube;-fw4ouBDw_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fw4ouBDw_w[/video]

I loved this article, particularly when it says,

"She then leaks out the word “crazy as she says that it is a court of law and not a place to go “crazy or let loose.”

Those words reveal exactly what Jodi did to Travis. In a fit of jealousy. she went “crazy” by killing him three times over."

Perfect analysis!! Jodi is not Einsteinian enough to outsmart her own verbal slips and tell-tale body language :wink:

And the best, BEST slip was when the interviewer said, "and you said Travis went from [mindlessly chatting about the shower photos] instantly to a rage and "I'll kill you" over a camera?" To which Jodi replies, "Oh, it wasn't instant. It built up...over minutes..." <paraphrasing> It appeared she caught her effup but could do nothing but hope the interviewer missed it. That was a golden chance to corner Jodi on a CRITICAL lie which would've 100% blown her defense.

Well I am loving the idea of her back at the jail telling everyone the jury was hung when they weren't .. I think she'll def lose it now if they come back with recommendation DEATH which I think they will :)

That will be quite the "Boing!" moment, indeed.

I pray that the jury comes to the fair and just decision. I understand that it's a difficult decision to sentence someone to death, but for some people I can't imagine sentencing them to anything less.

Our family friends were murdered 12 years ago; their killer broke into their house and stabbed them repeatedly, beat them, duct taped their mouths, and slit their throats. He was sentenced to death and now due to an error he was supposed to get an entirely new trial.

How is that fair?? Our loved ones and friends don't get a second chance at life. I'm in tears and so confused about how murderers get more opportunity and get to make friends and live life while their victims never get another day and their families live every day in pain and anguish, reliving the nightmare. When I think about our beloved friends and the horro and pain they went through, I can imagine nothing more satisfying than watching their killer get the needle. Nothing would be good enough. And it would still be a far more peaceful death than they gave their victims.

I can only fervently hope that the jury did not buy JA's BS survivor t shirts and false pretenses of recycling and donating hair. Even if she did all of these things, in my opinion, they would in no way be enough to make up for SAWING A MAN'S THROAT AND STABBING HIM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD SO CHUNKS OF HIS SKULL WERE GAUGED OUT.

I pray we have a verdict tomorrow. I think of ur family friends who were so violently murdered - so innocently sitting on their couch when their home was broken into - and I burst into tears every time. I can only imagine how much pain Travis's sweet family is in and how absolutely soul crushing it must be to be in their position and be waiting such an agonizing wait.

Please let this end.

I will not be able to stomach the Zimmerman trial, I already know. I need to get rid of cable or something.

Goodnight, sweet friends. May tomorrow be the day where Travis can finally rest in peace, justice can be served, and the Alexanders can go home to their families and finally begin to heal after five years. I pray with every ounce of hope that I have, that we hear a just verdict tomorrow.

Stabby Slasher Arias will never allow Travis's family or his legacy a moment's peace while she breathes, her protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.

If she is not executed soon, not only will she devise a way to kill again if given enough time, she will demean, defame, and "de-edify" the Alexander family to the maximum extent, exceeding even that allowed by law.

After all, what crime can she commit henceforth which would result in a greater punishment than what the judge may soon pronounce upon her?

The convicted murderess promised in her plea bargain settlement document to trash Travis and to inflict pain upon "Mr. Alexander's friends and family."

Relevant excerpt from her blackmail document:

PleaDealExcerpt_zpsf0720291.jpg

Tryingtoheal- So sorry to hear what you're going through. Stay strong.

And he showed her in stripes on the footage which she specifically asked him not to .. also weren't you all annoyed that she berated him for not showing her shout out to DV victims in her first interview, and her advice to document everything when he DID .. I was annoyed .. she was wrong about that, but criticised him in her interview with him, and again later .. not that it matters, but it bugged me.

Everything about her bugs me, Mrs. G.

To the Jury---I will pray for all of you today...If some of you are having personal difficulty imposing the death sentence---reread you oath as a juror and than just follow the laws of the state of Arizona..You have to balance the weight of the aggravating factors vs the mitigating factors. Personal views should not enter in. You have already found the major aggravating factor of cruelty. I can assure all of you as a physician that TA suffered immense pain and horrendous psychological suffering until his blood ceased flowing from the slash to his neck..Remember in JA's concocted Ninja story that TA screamed " I can't move my legs"--I believe this was from nerve damage from the stab wounds to his spine. On scale of 1 to 10 his suffering was a ten. Than look at the mitigating facts offered by the defense---are they really mitigating factors or not. In my opinion not one of these factors mitigate against what JA did to TA...Even if you consider the effects on her family I would only score it a 2----it is nothing weighed against the cruelty factor.....the other mitigating factors are just bull. Also consider not just the cruelty to TA but the continued unending cruelty JA has shown the Alexander family. Its called rubbing salt in to the wound. Do the math---in my most generous mood that aggravating factor still heavily outweighs any mitigation...And, according to the law of the State of Arizona this means you MUST render the penalty of DEATH.. this is a matter of the law---all personal feelings aside you must follow the law. Personally the only other thing that as a juror would tend to make me grant mercy would be the presence of sincere remorse. There is no remorse from the defendent in this case. She is glad she killed him and
I believe she will kill again if given the opportunity----she would kill anyone who "crosses " her.
Think about this.

BBM

Thank you for this wonderful post! I agree wholeheartedly. Remember the 9mm Jodi packed for her camping trip to "defend herself?" She will stalk, terrorize & hunt down someone else to "defend herself" against. I truly believe she has developed a taste for it now. :twocents:

I've decided to just keep the faith. The jury had tears for the Alexanders VIS. They got a little preview yesterday of what a hung jury would mean for the family. They got the up close and personal message from the Alexanders about what they have been through, and will continue to go through if the jury cannot deliver.
I pray for their deliberations and that they come to a decision today.....that they and the Alexander family can live with.I can't imagine walking in any of their shoes right now.

<edited to clarify>

I'm still laughing about that Troy interview. She did a triple talk when he asked why she wanted to talk to the media. She didn't answer that question. She just repeated from the seat of her pants, "Well, at first I didn't but a promise is a promise that I've regretted since the day I said it or whatever, then spun into "well a promise is a promise" even if I don't like it" or whatever. She knew and he knew when he asked that question that she was going on prime time giving long interviews last night. gah...such a double take and triple talk. Uhh...well... Why did Jodi go on tv? No chase her around from tv station to tv station for that answer. gar I think she should rot & quickly. As fast as that witch in WOO that had water poured on her. Melt quickly. buh buh bye.

I think she was taken aback because in her delusional narcissistic universe Mr. Hayden is her next boyfriend. Thus, she was stunned to find that he would do something that might cast her in a negative light. I saw instant narcissistic rage. She's good at concealing it with her flat affect, but that response literally shot out of her mouth -- "Why are you talking to me?" -- and I suspect that's exactly the kind of snapping she did with Travis as well. Once she's decided how you feel about her, you'd better toe the party line -- or else.

My prediction is we will have a verdict today or the latest tomorrow. I think with Memorial day approaching and the long weekend, the jurors and court wish to wrap this up and spend some time with their families.

I totally agree with you about her age. The DT talks about her like she was 17 when she murdered Travis. And I think a lot of their stupid tricks are to make her seem like she's younger than she is - how she wears her hair, the glasses, lowering her chair (trying to make her look small and young!).

When I was 27, I was a college graduate with a stable, well paying job, married, I owned my home and had just had my first child.

CMJA at 27 was a high school drop out, had no stable job, no money, couldn't pay her bills, owned no property, had no children (thank goodness!) lived with her Grandparents, had virtually no friends and was a killer.

Her age at the time of Travis' murder only shows me exactly how little she had accomplished in life and how little she could possible have to give society.

Respectfully, I gotta say that a lot of people turn their lives around, at any given age, even if they are at the lowest level you could imagine.

But Jodi Ann doesn't even hint at the slightest desire to change herself. She won't even say she's sorry to the family who's brother/son/grandson she so brutally murdered.

I think CKJA could turn her life around, but, because she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips, there's not a big chance she'll even try.

Good morning fellow sleuthers!

These are my thoughts and opinions, so here goes.

I won't say what I really hope the conduct of the jury is, because its not proper. However - I have a ton of interesting thoughts!

If there is a single holdout because of a persons inability to give the DP after all of this, and its a personal issue (jurors issue, but they know she deserves the DP) then my hope is that the juror is able to find a way to excuse themselves so that an alternate can take their place. If the case happens to be a deadlock, then this would be the most favorable outcome.

My opinion is, the jury is not deadlocked but simply had a question. I don't think they would have come back so quickly to make that announcement, but just wanted some clarification on the procedure.

I am a serial optimist, but I believe it also makes sense logically.

RBBM. I truly hope JSS was mistaken by the wording of juror 18. But what sticks out to me is that he wrote in there "@ this time". That leads me to believe they were deadlocked at that time. I think the reason they wanted clarification so soon after deliberation is because it wasn't just ONE holdout juror. It must have been pretty split. 6/6 or 6/7 etc. And out of overwhelming frustration- the question was then posed to JSS. JMO but it makes sense (to me at least). Hope Im wrong! :seeya:

My prediction is we will have a verdict today or the latest tomorrow. I think with Memorial day approaching and the long weekend, the jurors and court wish to wrap this up and spend some time with their families.

Yeah, hand her the death penalty and say, "Happy Memorial Day."

Ooo, so edifying. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members