NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three photographs of Sylvia Lwowski, dated close to her disappearance, are available to the public (the thread).

IN NOT ONE of the three photos available is Sylvia Lwowski wearing prescription glasses that she supposedly desperately needed to see/survive.

It is my opinion only that these glasses were most likely SIMPLY prescription glasses for either Reading or for Distance (movies/driving, etc.).

In my experience only...during that time period, those females of that age who wore glasses 24/7 DID NOT remove their glasses for photos...that was our parents' generation that removed their glasses for photos. SL is not wearing glasses in her 3 photos because SL did not need to wear her prescription eyeglasses 24/7.

SL was not living under such circumstances that the Lwowski family could not afford a second pair of glasses if/had Sylvia tossed her "only" pair of reading or long distance glasses! Were they renting the home they lived in?

Not buying that Sylvia Lwowski could not see without her prescription glasses, nor that SL was not capable of tossing her one pair of prescription reading or long distance glasses. SL appears to be from a working class family with two children. SL was well and fashionably dressed, hung with those of perhaps more family income; had an engagement announcement posted in the local newspapers, had not yet found/was employed at any mainstream job---part-time or otherwise to secure income for herself.

SL would not be worried about tossing a pair of prescription glasses and being concerned about it, IMO.

Much ado about nothing. MOO

Three photographs of Sylvia Lwowski, dated close to her disappearance, are available to the public (the thread).

IN NOT ONE of the three photos available is Sylvia Lwowski wearing prescription glasses that she supposedly desperately needed to see/survive.

It is my opinion only that these glasses were most likely SIMPLY prescription glasses for either Reading or for Distance (movies/driving, etc.).

In my experience only...during that time period, those females of that age who wore glasses 24/7 DID NOT remove their glasses for photos...that was our parents' generation that removed their glasses for photos. SL is not wearing glasses in her 3 photos because SL did not need to wear her prescription eyeglasses 24/7.

SL was not living under such circumstances that the Lwowski family could not afford a second pair of glasses if/had Sylvia tossed her "only" pair of reading or long distance glasses! Were they renting the home they lived in?

Not buying that Sylvia Lwowski could not see without her prescription glasses, nor that SL was not capable of tossing her one pair of prescription reading or long distance glasses. SL appears to be from a working class family with two children. SL was well and fashionably dressed, hung with those of perhaps more family income; had an engagement announcement posted in the local newspapers, had not yet found/was employed at any mainstream job---part-time or otherwise to secure income for herself.

SL would not be worried about tossing a pair of prescription glasses and being concerned about it, IMO.

Much ado about nothing. MOO

I respectfully beg to differ...I desperately needed glasses to see everything, and always took them off for photos-vanity is a curse!

I respectfully beg to differ...I desperately needed glasses to see everything, and always took them off for photos-vanity is a curse!

Yes, and so did my GFs who needed glasses to see EVERYTHING...SL did not, imo. Even her best GF believes she only wore glasses for reading...something a best GF would know: SL did not need her prescription glasses 24/7: only for either reading or distance.

Closest GF would know, and best GF is unsure. Therefore, IMO, she did not need them 24/7. And if tossed them, would not be a problem to secure a new pair for SL family. Did not have a formal PT job/nor income through HS/College, etc.

SL: Does not appear to be concerned about income nor finances IMO. Path chosen: traditional--marriage after attain college diploma.

SL appeared to deal with some family/personal problems by running to MMQC's home, and via MMQC's posts, she did the same. Nothing wrong with that, but appears to be the way they dealt with personal and family issues.

BF/F went to MMQC's home that night after SL and he had an argument...Well, where else would Sylvia Lwowski go when she had problems/issues? We learned from MMQC: SL went to her home when she needed to cool down.

Not necessarily anything odd/strange, here. That's what the GFs appeared to do!

MO: Lots of secrets---all around...at that time!!

:seeya:
Yes, and so did my GFs who needed glasses to see EVERYTHING...SL did not, imo. Even her best GF believes she only wore glasses for reading...something a best GF would know: SL did not need her prescription glasses 24/7: only for either reading or distance.

Closest GF would know, and best GF is unsure. Therefore, IMO, she did not need them 24/7. And if tossed them, would not be a problem to secure a new pair for SL family. Did not have a formal PT job/nor income through HS/College, etc.

SL: Does not appear to be concerned about income nor finances IMO. Path chosen: traditional--marriage after attain college diploma.

Yes-so her plan was definitely to marry this man. Would she have intentionally screwed it up? Hard to believe that she would-so the question is, what happened? Would she have seen someone else behind his back? Probably not, although that would explain why he said he had been "played for a sucker", or however he said it. So one of two things happened-either she actually deceived him somehow, or it was an excuse for him?

:seeya:

Yes-so her plan was definitely to marry this man. Would she have intentionally screwed it up? Hard to believe that she would-so the question is, what happened? Would she have seen someone else behind his back? Probably not, although that would explain why he said he had been "played for a sucker", or however he said it. So one of two things happened-either she actually deceived him somehow, or it was an excuse for him?

IMO...as added to my post above: lots of secrets all around here (in this case)!

Truth not told at the onset of SL's disappearance: Secrets.

IMO...as added to my post above: lots of secrets all around here (in this case)!

I definitely agree with that-wish we knew

I for one would like to know the name of the x boyfriend, the one who she was pregnant by. If he was in service how many years did you serve? Did he come back to town at some point, did he try to contact her? I am neither pro choice or pro life, feel it's a personal choice, so I don't feel talking about that time of her life in no way sheds a bad light on her personality. I feel if sleuthing the BF/F keep leading to dead end roads it's time to throw other information into the mix and look at other possible suspects. I go from tossing around the "army" guy, to someone at on the campus, we have not one clue of the friends she had there, SHE was there for FOUR years, I'm sure she had some friends there, bet my last dollar on it, friends from the band etc. etc. How do you get that list of people that were in the band with her so you can check every name through face book. We are only getting partial information here. Sorry I feel this way but I think some things are still being sugar coated here. No need for that, you can't put a puzzle together with out the pieces.

Dear Heavy Hitters -
In awe – the united content produced by this body of talent (ref to aforementioned H.H.) has this thread peaking again.

ACTION: (kneeling)

Moving, material progress here has this case evolving…

With the help of an ultra pioneer - Sunday is in sight-

Early indications indicate a big +ve
^Talk soon! (smile)
.G

You hit the nail on the head here Jmoose! Vanity. She always kept them with her and when needed put them on.

:scared:
You hit the nail on the head here Jmoose! Vanity. She always kept them with her and when needed put them on.

So she did not generally wear them, MMQC? I am assuming that she wouldn't tend to abuse them?

MMQC: When you were contacted by the Cold Case squad in 2010, did you end up finally having a conversation with someone? And if you did, can you tell us what they asked and what you told them?

BBM

It seems that SL was not blind as a bat, and only wore her glasses as/when needed (probably for either reading or distance--films, driving). It appears that she could see without them.

SL appeared to deal with some family/personal problems by running to MMQC's home, and via MMQC's posts, she did the same. Nothing wrong with that, but appears to be the way they dealt with personal and family issues.

BF/F went to MMQC's home that night after SL and he had an argument...Well, where else would Sylvia Lwowski go when she had problems/issues? We learned from MMQC: SL went to her home when she needed to cool down.

Not necessarily anything odd/strange, here. That's what the GFs appeared to do!

MO: Lots of secrets---all around...at that time!!

bbm: --Or a full story not revealed here which is understandable- others may know. All we know is there was an argument, that sent SL's nearest and dearest searching for her that night. What could set that kind of reaction in motion?

I find it hard to believe that SL's family and friends do not know the nature of the argument, or didn't find out later... Somehow, the silence tells me that.

Personally, if I was told absolutely nothing from the BF/F, I would be moving boulders in addition to shaking the trees, very publicly to find out what happened.

ASWDH: If her sight glasses were never returned to the family, do you know why? Does LE have them?

Wouldn't EL have been concerned about her sight glasses at the time she disappeared? Wouldn't she have conveyed that to MMQC when they went searching for SL? IIRC: MMQC did not hear about the eyeglasses until recently, on this thread.

I am still stuck on those glasses because of serious doubts about SL just throwing and breaking an essential item like that against the dash. –A pair of disposable sunglasses, yes.

So this is not a piece of little consequence (imo) because if the facts about her glasses can’t be discovered, then what can be?

As for the Charlie project – where are they getting their information because their Altoona sources do not link up. Are they interpreting it (perhaps incorrectly) from WS and not providing a source link?

I for one would like to know the name of the x boyfriend, the one who she was pregnant by. If he was in service how many years did you serve? Did he come back to town at some point, did he try to contact her? I am neither pro choice or pro life, feel it's a personal choice, so I don't feel talking about that time of her life in no way sheds a bad light on her personality. I feel if sleuthing the BF/F keep leading to dead end roads it's time to throw other information into the mix and look at other possible suspects. I go from tossing around the "army" guy, to someone at on the campus, we have not one clue of the friends she had there, SHE was there for FOUR years, I'm sure she had some friends there, bet my last dollar on it, friends from the band etc. etc. How do you get that list of people that were in the band with her so you can check every name through face book. We are only getting partial information here. Sorry I feel this way but I think some things are still being sugar coated here. No need for that, you can't put a puzzle together with out the pieces.

IMO, there would also be a neighborhood type of crowd that she would "know."

In addition to the band and college group, wonder whether or not the "army" BF was a part of a neighborhood and/or HS crowd.

IMO, there would also be a neighborhood type of crowd that she would "know."

In addition to the band and college group, wonder whether or not the "army" BF was a part of a neighborhood and/or HS crowd.

And more connections, family connections, early childhood friends in Germany. She grew up, spent her formative years in Germany. I wonder if the military BF had international ties...

ASWDH: If her sight glasses were never returned to the family, do you know why? Does LE have them?

Wouldn't EL have been concerned about her sight glasses at the time she disappeared? Wouldn't she have conveyed that to MMQC when they went searching for SL? IIRC: MMQC did not hear about the eyeglasses until recently, on this thread.

I am still stuck on those glasses because of serious doubts about SL just throwing and breaking an essential item like that against the dash. –A pair of disposable sunglasses, yes.

So this is not a piece of little consequence (imo) because if the facts about her glasses can’t be discovered, then what can be?

As for the Charlie project – where are they getting their information because their Altoona sources do not link up? Are they interpreting it (perhaps incorrectly) from WS and not providing a source link?

BBM

MMQC did not learn about SL's glasses until reading it on WS.

Also MMQC had not been told by SL's Mother that BF/F had returned to her parents' home that evening.

Obviously, this information had been withheld for decades for some reason...

Wonder when SL's Mother was told about the unconfirmed "in possession of the engagement ring" incident.

Wonder when or if either party ever called engagement ring rumor in to NYPD.

An important piece of information, TY

bbm: --Or a full story not revealed here which is understandable- others may know. All we know is there was an argument, that sent SL's nearest and dearest searching for her that night. What could set that kind of reaction in motion?

I find it hard to believe that SL's family and friends do not know the nature of the argument, or didn't find out later... Somehow, the silence tells me that.

Personally, if I was told absolutely nothing from the BF/F, I would be moving boulders in addition to shaking the trees, very publicly to find out what happened.

IMHO there would be one source only that could provide information about the argument.
The man who stated there was an argument.

I would not really be surprised if he was not forthcoming about the details.

Everything we know about what Sylvia and BF/F did that night comes from one source.
They were alone.

Others can tell us about days/hours leading up to that night, about behavior after that night.

But everything about those few hours before Sylvia disappeared comes from BF/F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member