NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point, Gajonka. I don't know the credibility of the Lawyers.com website, but it looks like it might be 5 years. If you scroll down to the second half of the New York Statutes of Limitations page, to the criminal statutes, it says:
"Manslaughter, first degree, 5 years — N.Y. Crim. Proc. § 30.10(2)(b)"
"Manslaughter, second degree, 5 years — N.Y. Crim. Proc. § 30.10(2)(b)"
"Murder, first degree, No time limit — N.Y. Crim. Proc. § 30.10(2)(a)"
"Murder, second degree, No time limit — N.Y. Crim. Proc. § 30.10(2)(a)"

Having said that, I have no idea what the difference is between manslaughter and 2nd-degree murder. Does anyone else? Does manslaughter have to be accidental? Like vehicular homicide? No clue here ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|||<< INCOMING! >>||| <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

T and K offered us a block of a few minutes for next week - JUNE 9, 2013. This will give us more time to further develop a healthy pool of ideas/thoughts - in hopes of yielding a well-composed set of points describing the events pertaining to of Sylvia' Lwowski's case- and current status... mega-sleuth style.

I will be sending T and K an outline on Wednesday so they can comment / review.

I'll be in touch with the IA/IP's as well for feedback on selecting a delgate or two (delegate A calls delegate B - then deli b calls prgram and hits coinference button - just an option- putting it out there ) ultimately deliver Sylvia's story. I have a good feeling about this.

WHen you can - please keep your thoughts coming - I will put mine in a post sunday for your review and comment. Thanks everyone!

The <G>

"G" - I think your list of "what we have done so far" would be good. For instance, is a copy of the "unacknowledged letter" to Det. Lennon available? In trying to help, I might ask when the letter was written. If recently, was the cold case detective copied? I wonder if Det. Lennon is still working for NYPD or even still alive.

I also wonder about the "reward roll out"? There seemed to be some promising headway back up thread and then never heard anything further about it.

"G" - I think your list of "what we have done so far" would be good. For instance, is a copy of the "unacknowledged letter" to Det. Lennon available? In trying to help, I might ask when the letter was written. If recently, was the cold case detective copied? I wonder if Det. Lennon is still working for NYPD or even still alive.

I also wonder about the "reward roll out"? There seemed to be some promising headway back up thread and then never heard anything further about it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>::::::::::::::::::::............................

Thanks Rose-
Yes Det. Lennon is the Head Principal (Chairman) of the Rockville County Police Department.

I think i CAN get a copy of the first letter to Det. Lennon.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************CRITICAL POINT*********************************************************************************************************************************************************FOLLOWING HERE**************************************** ------->
The program has a different set of rules - and is not a web-sleuth sponsored entity. This will be potentialy helpful as we explore the existing spectrum of potential possible actions.
RoseMadder Lake - that list - I will begin looking - do you know if you transcribed them in a post ( I am thinking you, or J-Mo, or Dushi). J-Moose lost someone very close to her, se we are not pressuring her involvement - please keep her in your thoughts- she has been a superstar for us- like you and everyone.

I will search for the list.

Here's a look at how I envision our particiaption paying out. T+K receive hundred of request for air-time - from all over. This is an incredible opportunity they have given us as they have a list - a looong list of people whoi would like to be able to participate orally on her show - as it represents an extraorindary medium to achieve awareness. I know I keep writing this, and it may be getting old - but we are so lucku to have been given this invitation - and we will need to make the most of it -

Here's a look at how I envision our particiaption paying out.

I. A brief synopsis of what happened to Sylvia - and the absence of an investgation - a fact supported by her family and friends. I will search for more conrete details which will be introduce tonight and get them on here asap - byt for now this is a general look.

II. The current efforts in place - contact with the individusla who are currently assiciated with the case - Stratford, FBI, etc. and whetehr or not they are kist killing us with kindness - or do they genuinely represent persons who will initiate ACTION. Action which may or may not have been perfomred back in 1977 - at the time of her disappearance.

III. STeps that have been taken - LENNON LETTER I - the release of LENNON LETTER II, approximately 60 letters to: local news publications, true-crime authors, activists within the realm of missing persons, and the recent letter too John Douglas, the pioneer of criminal profiling at the FBI. This will include where we are now... the potential reward (need confirmation) and a request for participation on SYlvia Lwowski's Websleuths thread.

IV: Conclusion - this is where I ( if i am able to successfully secure the nomination as delegate to call in the show) This is where I will express a prepared statements which will reinforce the incredible impact T's WS/com site has had on our case and for events that take place acrosss the world. i have something preapred which will I am crafting so that it comes across a but outside of what is normally expressed, it will be unique and special ( I hope).

Also, this is where I will introduce the pictuire of the BF that is on the internet ( i have a copy) which really stands out as being no less than bizarre:

"A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS."

okay, OFF I GO TO find the results of your hard work - everybody.

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO FIND TIME AND OFFER YOUR THOUGHTS ON POTENTIAL DELIVERY OPTIONS AND THINGS WE CAN DISCUSS.

THANKS MEGA-SLEUTHS!!1 THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE BIG ONE LET'S ROCK IT!!!!

LOVE YA,

The GAJHONKA

>>>>>>>>>>>>::::::::::::::::::::............................

Thanks Rose-
Yes Det. Lennon is the Head Principal (Chairman) of the Rockville County Police Department.

I think i CAN get a copy of the first letter to Det. Lennon.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************CRITICAL POINT*********************************************************************************************************************************************************FOLLOWING HERE**************************************** ------->
The program has a different set of rules - and is not a web-sleuth sponsored entity. This will be potentialy helpful as we explore the existing spectrum of potential possible actions.
RoseMadder Lake - that list - I will begin looking - do you know if you transcribed them in a post ( I am thinking you, or J-Mo, or Dushi). J-Moose lost someone very close to her, se we are not pressuring her involvement - please keep her in your thoughts- she has been a superstar for us- like you and everyone.

I will search for the list.

Here's a look at how I envision our particiaption paying out. T+K receive hundred of request for air-time - from all over. This is an incredible opportunity they have given us as they have a list - a looong list of people whoi would like to be able to participate orally on her show - as it represents an extraorindary medium to achieve awareness. I know I keep writing this, and it may be getting old - but we are so lucku to have been given this invitation - and we will need to make the most of it -

Here's a look at how I envision our particiaption paying out.

I. A brief synopsis of what happened to Sylvia - and the absence of an investgation - a fact supported by her family and friends. I will search for more conrete details which will be introduce tonight and get them on here asap - byt for now this is a general look.

II. The current efforts in place - contact with the individusla who are currently assiciated with the case - Stratford, FBI, etc. and whetehr or not they are kist killing us with kindness - or do they genuinely represent persons who will initiate ACTION. Action which may or may not have been perfomred back in 1977 - at the time of her disappearance.

III. STeps that have been taken - LENNON LETTER I - the release of LENNON LETTER II, approximately 60 letters to: local news publications, true-crime authors, activists within the realm of missing persons, and the recent letter too John Douglas, the pioneer of criminal profiling at the FBI. This will include where we are now... the potential reward (need confirmation) and a request for participation on SYlvia Lwowski's Websleuths thread.

IV: Conclusion - this is where I ( if i am able to successfully secure the nomination as delegate to call in the show) This is where I will express a prepared statements which will reinforce the incredible impact T's WS/com site has had on our case and for events that take place acrosss the world. i have something preapred which will I am crafting so that it comes across a but outside of what is normally expressed, it will be unique and special ( I hope).

Also, this is where I will introduce the pictuire of the BF that is on the internet ( i have a copy) which really stands out as being no less than bizarre:

"A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS."

okay, OFF I GO TO find the results of your hard work - everybody.

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO FIND TIME AND OFFER YOUR THOUGHTS ON POTENTIAL DELIVERY OPTIONS AND THINGS WE CAN DISCUSS.

THANKS MEGA-SLEUTHS!!1 THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE BIG ONE LET'S ROCK IT!!!!

LOVE YA,

The GAJHONKA

I had no idea that so many people had been contacted re: Sylvia-I am under the impression that Lennon did not respond, but have there been any responses from newspaper reporters or true crime authors? Sylvia's disappearance has captured all of us, so I would be surprised if there wouldn't be interest from people who investigate these cases for a living. I did contact Stacy Horn (The Restless Sleep), and did get a response right away. What I got from her was that the Cold Case Squad put a considerable amount of time in on Sylvia's case (of course, she did not tell me what the police actually thought happened, or if they have a POI)-I think they were limited by a lack of evidence from 1975.

Ok, so far behind
Going to catch up
Good about the radio show

I had no idea that so many people had been contacted re: Sylvia-I am under the impression that Lennon did not respond, but have there been any responses from newspaper reporters or true crime authors? Sylvia's disappearance has captured all of us, so I would be surprised if there wouldn't be interest from people who investigate these cases for a living. I did contact Stacy Horn (The Restless Sleep), and did get a response right away. What I got from her was that the Cold Case Squad put a considerable amount of time in on Sylvia's case (of course, she did not tell me what the police actually thought happened, or if they have a POI)-I think they were limited by a lack of evidence from 1975.

I am also surprised that so many have been contacted.
Good work!!
Any word on the reward?

BBM: That was such a good idea! I was so disheartened by her book, I didn't think it was fathomable that they even looked at it! Did she say how this "missing" case got their attention? (I don't mean their working theory of what happened, but their reason for investigating it, since it is not classed as a homicide.) Perhaps in connection with the two local serial killers?

Quote:

"G" bbm:- Could you tell me what this means? Are you saying the radio program has a different set of rules? We can sleuth the BF/F? I did not know that.

Sylvia's glasses were never returned to the house of the parents after the night in question and further communications with the BF from that point forward were rude, hostile and fruitless.

I am really stuck on the glasses and found DH's post.

ASWDH: Did Sylvia's family ask for her eye glasses back (a logical concern) and the BF/F refuse to give them back? Was it at that specific point that he became hostile?

I am really stuck on the glasses and found DH's post.

ASWDH: Did Sylvia's family ask for her eye glasses back (a logical concern) and the BF/F refuse to give them back? Was it at that specific point that he became hostile?

Well, I have been stuck on the glasses also
It seems such a strange thing to leave behind and was very much apart of her appearance, as they were listed in her NamUs profile.

So, unless she had a second pair or left with her original pair,it shouldn't have been listed on NamUs, JMO, because if she had been seen early on, there would have been no glasses

The other thing is, even if broken, why didn't BF/F give them to her family to pass on to her if he truly thought she was coming home.

Sounds like this couple had a bad argument that evening. SL's glasses were broken in the car. The bf would only say that they had an argument and SL left the car to go to the bus stop. Was this couple engaged? Is that the ring that was given back or taken back?

These two were very young when this happened. I wonder if the bf would talk to someone today? Perhaps he can recall more of the evening after so many years have passed. I'm sure her people still need to know what happened and where she is so they can put this to rest.

So sorry.

bbm: A long shot, but I like Iluminada's post: What about inviting the BF/F to join the discussion? If the evening of her disappearance played out exactly as he said, would he be willing to help all these years later, if given the opportunity? It would be difficult for him to initiate, but easier if asked? It is almost 40 years later and there may be a reflection back of tremendous regret. -Something that could not be expressed when he was young. Just a thought...

Well, I have been stuck on the glasses also
It seems such a strange thing to leave behind and was very much apart of her appearance, as they were listed in her NamUs profile.

So, unless she had a second pair or left with her original pair,it shouldn't have been listed on NamUs, JMO, because if she had been seen early on, there would have been no glasses

The other thing is, even if broken, why didn't BF/F give them to her family to pass on to her if he truly thought she was coming home.

Maybe the BF/F gave them to LE. Maybe they were her sunglasses? -Or, a second pair (I have 3 pairs).

And wouldn't this be a huge piece for both the family and LE if she couldn't see without them?

If she couldn't see without her eyeglasses, and ran off into the night, why was there "no publicity" on the missing persons report?

Maybe the BF/F gave them to LE. Maybe they were her sunglasses? -Or, a second pair (I have 3 pairs).

And wouldn't this be a huge piece for both the family and LE if she couldn't see without them?

If she couldn't see without her eyeglasses, and ran off into the night, why was there "no publicity" on the missing persons report?

I wonder what the Lwowski's family finances were like-I grew up in a large family with modest finances, and having more than 1 pair of glasses would have been unthinkable! I wore glasses from the third grade, and was expected to treat them carefully so they wouldn't break-unless they were sunglasses, I would think that these broken glasses were her only ones.

Quote:

"G" bbm:- Could you tell me what this means? Are you saying the radio program has a different set of rules? We can sleuth the BF/F? I did not know that.

Yes-I wonder if it means that the normal constraints do not apply?

BBM: That was such a good idea! I was so disheartened by her book, I didn't think it was fathomable that they even looked at it! Did she say how this "missing" case got their attention? (I don't mean their working theory of what happened, but their reason for investigating it, since it is not classed as a homicide.) Perhaps in connection with the two local serial killers?

She did not say how that case got their attention-i almost had the impression that as I emailed her, she was in touch with someone she had met while writing the book (not sure why, just a feeling). She was quite sure that the cold case squad put many hours in on this case. I don't doubt it, but did not ask her what they discovered, if anything, since the case is still open, and if she knew anything, wouldn't tell me.

I wonder what the Lwowski's family finances were like-I grew up in a large family with modest finances, and having more than 1 pair of glasses would have been unthinkable! I wore glasses from the third grade, and was expected to treat them carefully so they wouldn't break-unless they were sunglasses, I would think that these broken glasses were her only ones.

bbm: Good point -yes, I have 3 pair now, not then. One of my sisters had 2 pair since kindergarten - blind without. I had one pair since 8th grade - I could get by without until I turned 40!

bbm: Good point -yes, I have 3 pair now, not then. One of my sisters had 2 pair since kindergarten - blind without. I had one pair since 8th grade - I could get by without until I turned 40!

It actually never occurred to me to get more than one pair of glasses, until I found several pairs that I liked, and because my circumstances had gotten better, bought both instead of choosing between them. I don't think that many of my eyeglass-wearing friends had more than one pair, unless they saved an old pair that no longer had a strong enough prescription-I suppose that could be the case with Sylvia. This business about the glasses being left behind disturbs me. If not for that, I could be inclined to think that she took off for parts unknown, and never looked back. I just don't think a woman with poor eyesight would do such a thing as throw the glasses at the dashboard, and jump out of a car, and run off to a new life. I wonder if she could easily see where she was going without them? Could it truly have put her at the mercy of one of the local serial killers, or could she have been the victim of a hit and run by an unknown driver?

I realize that its possible that Sylvia was a victim of a serial killer.
When I think about that possibility, it brings me back to the BF/F's attitude.
He was rude and seemed very uncaring, wanted to separate himself.
His whole attitude just seems suspect.

nobody has mentioned hearing or seeing despair

I realize that its possible that Sylvia was a victim of a serial killer.
When I think about that possibility, it brings me back to the BF/F's attitude.
He was rude and seemed very uncaring, wanted to separate himself.
His whole attitude just seems suspect.

nobody has mentioned hearing or seeing despair

I added the serial killer or hit and run, only because they could be remote possibilities. It would indeed be remarkable if she had that kind of fight with BF/F, and then run into even more trouble with someone else-but possible, I suppose-and then the BF/F with the attitude...yes, it's pretty remote

It actually never occurred to me to get more than one pair of glasses, until I found several pairs that I liked, and because my circumstances had gotten better, bought both instead of choosing between them. I don't think that many of my eyeglass-wearing friends had more than one pair, unless they saved an old pair that no longer had a strong enough prescription-I suppose that could be the case with Sylvia. This business about the glasses being left behind disturbs me. If not for that, I could be inclined to think that she took off for parts unknown, and never looked back. I just don't think a woman with poor eyesight would do such a thing as throw the glasses at the dashboard, and jump out of a car, and run off to a new life. I wonder if she could easily see where she was going without them? Could it truly have put her at the mercy of one of the local serial killers, or could she have been the victim of a hit and run by an unknown driver?

bbm: Maybe she could get by without them otherwise it would have been a different scenario? Like with publicity if she couldn't see without them running off into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15