NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it did happen that way, I know it still does not tell us what happened to Sylvia afterwards....BUT it would either explain why he turned "cold" after she went missing OR it could be a motive. Having more facts are better than rehashing the same information over and over again. Also if the parents had found out, it's possible they thought MMQC had helped her run away (in their mind it was easier to think this than something worse) since she had went with Sylvia to the doctor appointment and kept it a secret. MMQC, how did you find out the mother felt this way? When you talked with her did she come right out with it and tell you that she felt you knew where she was, or did you know this because someone else told you she felt this way? Just curious as to how open the mother was with her opinions about things.

If it did happen that way, I know it still does not tell us what happened to Sylvia afterwards....BUT it would either explain why he turned "cold" after she went missing OR it could be a motive. Having more facts are better than rehashing the same information over and over again. Also if the parents had found out, it's possible they thought MMQC had helped her run away (in their mind it was easier to think this than something worse) since she had went with Sylvia to the doctor appointment and kept it a secret. MMQC, how did you find out the mother felt this way? When you talked with her did she come right out with it and tell you that she felt you knew where she was, or did you know this because someone else told you she felt this way? Just curious as to how open the mother was with her opinions about things.

Right, while it doesn't explain what happened to her, and where she is, it might account for his miserable attitude after she disappeared-doesn't, however, explain why his mother was "having a breakdown" over her disappearance, though. She couldn't have been upset because it was the fiance's baby, because we know it wasn't. I suppose that it might be because she was very fond of Sylvia-but there is no evidence that fiance's parents were in touch with Sylvia's parents, in support. I wish we had more information

ASWDH: Do you recall if there was any communication between The BF/F's parents and Sylvia's parents in the days following her disappearance?

Right, while it doesn't explain what happened to her, and where she is, it might account for his miserable attitude after she disappeared-doesn't, however, explain why his mother was "having a breakdown" over her disappearance, though. She couldn't have been upset because it was the fiance's baby, because we know it wasn't. I suppose that it might be because she was very fond of Sylvia-but there is no evidence that fiance's parents were in touch with Sylvia's parents, in support. I wish we had more information

The break down could have been because the whole situation made her son look bad, normally people are suspicious of the last person to see the victim. This was after the engagement party don't forget where friends of both sides mingled in one room. I could just imagine the talk in the town afterwards. I think if my daughter in law went missing after a fight with my son and people were talking behind my back about my son it would cause some sort of a break down with me, well maybe not....I would be questioning him more than the police would be :)...but we don't know what sort of personality his mother has so it's hard to say but it could possibly explain why she had a breakdown? Just my opinion.

The break down could have been because the whole situation made her son look bad, normally people are suspicious of the last person to see the victim. This was after the engagement party don't forget where friends of both sides mingled in one room. I could just imagine the talk in the town afterwards. I think if my daughter in law went missing after a fight with my son and people were talking behind my back about my son it would cause some sort of a break down with me, well maybe not....I would be questioning him more than the police would be :)...but we don't know what sort of personality his mother has so it's hard to say but it could possibly explain why she had a breakdown? Just my opinion.

Nowadays we always suspect the husband/fiance/boyfriend, especially if the person was the last to see the one who is missing. I can't really remember if that's the way it was in the mid-70's, though, because I was in high school then, and not paying attention to these sorts of things ( domestic violence). I wonder if the police really leaned on him-since 38 years have passed, it's difficult to know that now. It appears, from what little information that we have, that they didn't pursue him too aggressively, but I might be wrong. Good possibilty that his mother WAS worried about how it appeared to other people, as you said, Skeet.

So, we have Sylvia's mother thinking MMQC is harboring her. The BF/F's mother is having a breakdown. There is very little said about Sylvia's father on this thread, but after having had a huge incident with his daughter at the pool party a week or two before, I can't imagine how he felt... so sad.

I am wondering if Sylvia's mom knew there was something going on with her daughter - "depressed" on the PR, and the "no publicity" was a way to not create a media blitz and expose something Sylvia would not have wanted made public, perhaps jeopardizing her future reputation, school and job prospects, and give her a chance to return quietly.

ASWDH also stated that Sylvias mom wanted to keep her disappearance low profile so "when" she returned, her life would be normal

I don't think she realized what an impact the "no publicity" would have on finding her.

MMQC: When you were contacted by the Cold Case squad in 2010, did you end up finally having a conversation with someone? And if you did, can you tell us what they asked and what you told them?

Det. Patrick Savage asked me what I knew about that night. I told him exactly what I've said before in other postings but for you I'll say it again.

BF/F drove to my parents home and said they had a fight and she got out of the car and would be taking the bus home. Since I had strict parents, I was not allowed to go out by myself. My dad drove to the mall area while I scoped out the bus stops in the whole area. We circled the mall and Rich. Ave. No SL! We figured the time in between him coming to my home and us heading out the bus came. I told Det. Savage that NO ONE ever questioned me in '75. Then of course I told him about the rest of the issues and he asked my why didn't LE ever questioned me. I laughed and ask him you tell me you are LE? I also told him my suspicions about the incident and he just listened. I was my husbands FT care giver since 2002 and could not go into NYC or SI to give a recorded statement. Since I could not be away from home that long. He said he would arrange for a car to bring me there and back. Well, that never happened. And except for 1 Email he sent me I have not heard from him since.

IMO, there would also be a neighborhood type of crowd that she would "know."

In addition to the band and college group, wonder whether or not the "army" BF was a part of a neighborhood and/or HS crowd.

College crowd. Navy if my memory serves me right.

BBM

MMQC did not learn about SL's glasses until reading it on WS.

Also MMQC had not been told by SL's Mother that BF/F had returned to her parents' home that evening.

Obviously, this information had been withheld for decades for some reason...

Wonder when SL's Mother was told about the unconfirmed "in possession of the engagement ring" incident.

Wonder when or if either party ever called engagement ring rumor in to NYPD.

I do believe that I told Det. Savage about the conversation I had with the brother of the BF/F's band brother.

I need to know what time this radio show starts on Sunday please.
And can it be listened to after the fact.

As if I don't have enough stress.... I have a Chef coming for dinner on Sunday!!!

You can listen live and then after that you can download it for playback.

Has anyone ever requested a "Public Information Release Report". After you fill out the paperwork for the "freedom of information" act, if the case is still considered "open" they might be kind to send this to you. It does not have all the details of the report but it has some. This report has nine boxes: Station, incident number, investigating officer, date, time, location, person's involved, incident details (brief summary of what happened) and the ninth box has radio - tv released to newspaper. After you request the info you will receive a letter telling you they received you request and are reviewing it. By law they have to respond back to you in a certain amount of time. I would do this but busy with work for next to weeks. Maybe it would be one way we could get more information?

Det. Patrick Savage asked me what I knew about that night. I told him exactly what I've said before in other postings but for you I'll say it again.

BF/F drove to my parents home and said they had a fight and she got out of the car and would be taking the bus home. Since I had strict parents, I was not allowed to go out by myself. My dad drove to the mall area while I scoped out the bus stops in the whole area. We circled the mall and Rich. Ave. No SL! We figured the time in between him coming to my home and us heading out the bus came. I told Det. Savage that NO ONE ever questioned me in '75. Then of course I told him about the rest of the issues and he asked my why didn't LE ever questioned me. I laughed and ask him you tell me you are LE? I also told him my suspicions about the incident and he just listened. I was my husbands FT care giver since 2002 and could not go into NYC or SI to give a recorded statement. Since I could not be away from home that long. He said he would arrange for a car to bring me there and back. Well, that never happened. And except for 1 Email he sent me I have not heard from him since.

Thank you so much, MMQC -- for some reason, even though I knew you got the call in 2010, I just assumed it went nowhere. What you just shared is extremely helpful. I had no concept that LE might know that much at this point in time. Re the part BBM: What do you mean here? The abortion/Navy BF? The story of the BF/F's behavior with his mother? You convos with the BF/F after the disappearance? Something else?

So they (LE) know essentially what little there is to know, it looks like. No doubt, they have a theory that they cannot prove-unless they find Sylvia, or someone confesses to harming her, everyone's hands are tied:sigh:

MMQC - Did Sylvia study her music under the direction of Dr. Cross?
http://www.silive.com/obituaries/index.ssf/2013/03/dr_ronald_cross_84.html

Really good find, Skeet! On this Wagner page eulogizing him, it seems there may still at least be faculty at Wagner who have been there as long as he was, or who knew him well enough to have heard all his "stories about the old days," like ROGER WESBY. Note even the college pres. RICHARD GUARASCI says of Cross, "He had survived some exhilarating and some depressing encounters through Wagner’s complicated history" (BBM). Can't help but wonder what he means by that. Wish we knew someone close enough to Wagner to look up the college yearbooks from 1971-75.

Really good find, Skeet! On this Wagner page eulogizing him, it seems there may still at least be faculty at Wagner who have been there as long as he was, or who knew him well enough to have heard all his "stories about the old days," like ROGER WESBY. Note even the college pres. RICHARD GUARASCI says of Cross, "He had survived some exhilarating and some depressing encounters through Wagner’s complicated history" (BBM). Can't help but wonder what he means by that. Wish we knew someone close enough to Wagner to look up the college yearbooks from 1971-75.

I looked online to see if the yearbooks for any of those years is available to purchase, but it doesn't look good, and Staten Island is kind of a schlep for me...

ASWDH: Did the BF/F have an uncle who "served in the NYPD during the 1950s and 1960s, assigned to the 6th Precinct in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village, among other precincts"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz