Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record, the specific remains that MR mentioned do not include an additional small bone (carpal?) discussed in Tricia's radio show around the 32:00 mark (again, not for all ears, graphic)

Just an idea...maybe we need a separate thread to discuss the forensic / medical aspects of this case? I know not everyone here wants to talk about that stuff, understandably. I don;t either, but we all know the forensic aspects are going to be very very important, especially if there is a trial.
The bone she referred to was a phalange, a finger bone.

Great post! One problem here, I think, is so many are sure MR did it that everything is being made to fit into that theory instead of looked at neutrally.
It's all fantastic to say "oh that's weird, he should be doing this and that" but people are different and react in different ways. It could be that MR is literally in a world of his own as you say, but it could also be his way of dealing with this, particularly as he knows everyone thinks he done it.

I remember the murder of Joanna Yeates here in England. Her landlord was arrested for her murder and everyone was certain he did it (he did look pretty creepy). Once that happened a lot of people didn't consider anyone else and so facts were looked at in context with the landlord instead of as standalone details. It turned out it wasn't the landlord and his life was turned upside down.
My point is I'm worried everyone's eggs are going into the same basket, so to speak, and if it's proven MR did not kill Dylan then a lot of damage has been caused to him.

All my opinion - also to note I'm not saying here that MR didn't do it (I'm on the fence) and that I fully appreciate he is an odd character and his actions are weird but I have a feeling LE know more than they are letting on about him and must have some info which makes them fairly sure he is not a suspect. Just my :twocents:, feel free to pick me apart :p

I totally agree with you.

And without a coat. In shorts. Through the brush and trees. Up a steep hill. Without calling his friends after missing the morning meet first. I guess I should no longer be amazed at what some people think would be normal. Life is interesting.

Jumping off your quote...where are his shoes??? I'm pretty sure if he walked up there, he'd have his shoes on. IMHO it makes more sense he was killed somewhere else and his body was thrown down the steep hill with the hopes of him never being found.

After re-watching Dr. Phil and the recent comments by MR, there is no doubt in my mind who is responsible for this horrific crime. :stormingmad:

RIP Dylan.

That is specifically what I was wondering. Also struck by MR's saying he's been laying out there in pieces for 7 months. If animals did it ..... he was very likely whole at first . :( Forgive me Dylan :(

EXACTLY. Add your reasoning to my previous post.....how in the world would MR be so matter of fact that Dylan had been in that location for seven months? As someone mentioned, even if the roads were closed an ATV could get up there. Dylan could have been held for awhile or even moved at some point for all anyone knows. Please, keep talking Mark; everyone is listening to you. Just MOO.

Great post! One problem here, I think, is so many are sure MR did it that everything is being made to fit into that theory instead of looked at neutrally.
It's all fantastic to say "oh that's weird, he should be doing this and that" but people are different and react in different ways. It could be that MR is literally in a world of his own as you say, but it could also be his way of dealing with this, particularly as he knows everyone thinks he done it.

I remember the murder of Joanna Yeates here in England. Her landlord was arrested for her murder and everyone was certain he did it (he did look pretty creepy). Once that happened a lot of people didn't consider anyone else and so facts were looked at in context with the landlord instead of as standalone details. It turned out it wasn't the landlord and his life was turned upside down.
My point is I'm worried everyone's eggs are going into the same basket, so to speak, and if it's proven MR did not kill Dylan then a lot of damage has been caused to him.

All my opinion - also to note I'm not saying here that MR didn't do it (I'm on the fence) and that I fully appreciate he is an odd character and his actions are weird but I have a feeling LE know more than they are letting on about him and must have some info which makes them fairly sure he is not a suspect. Just my :twocents:, feel free to pick me apart :p
BBM: This board is great. Some people have the feeling that LE knows more than they are letting on, so that make them fairly sure he ISN'T a suspect, while others have the feeling that LE knows more than they are letting on, so that make them fairly sure that Mark IS a suspect.

I enjoy looking at both sides of the coin.

If this was so common for Dylan, why didn't MR drive right up there that day, instead of driving twenty miles to where his friends live?

You know that sinking feeling in your chest when you hear terrible news?

Poor Dylan. God I feel so bad for his parents. I'm usually able to detach myself from horrible things like this, but when I heard Elaine crying on Tricia's podcast a few weeks ago, it really hit home. I have a 14-year-old brother who goes out fishing a lot (like Dylan did), and the thought of him going missing - and hearing my own mom cry like that - is awful.

Rest in peace, Dylan. And my condolences to his whole family and friends...

Where did his fishing pole go?

<Katy, oh my gosh. That darn fishing pole will be the end of all of us I swear. I remember that was the first time I ever used the :banghead: guy here on WS.>

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.

"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

So apparently Mark is sticking to the story that Dylan wandered up there himself and was not abducted or killed by anyone. How convenient.

Source: http://gazette.com/remains-discover...e-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

What you need to consider, though, is the quote of Mark's that is used doesn't say anything about "the woods where his body was found." That is what the reporter wrote, and it could be accurate or not. MR might have meant that Dylan was outside wandering around near the house and was abducted there. Then murdered and dumped up that road.

I'm not saying I believe that is what he is saying, but there are many ways to interpret that report, it isn't very specific. Again, people are caught up in fitting the clues to what they want to be true, rather than looking at other explanations.

You know that sinking feeling in your chest when you hear terrible news?

Poor Dylan. God I feel so bad for his parents. I'm usually able to detach myself from horrible things like this, but when I heard Elaine crying on Tricia's podcast a few weeks ago, it really hit home. I have a 14-year-old brother who goes out fishing a lot (like Dylan did), and the thought of him going missing - and hearing my own mom cry like that - is awful.

Rest in peace, Dylan. And my condolences to his whole family and friends...

Only his mom said fishing was not a big thing with Dylan.

The bone she referred to was a phalange, a finger bone.

They are really serious in their forensic investigation (I am glad to know this.), if the source where this phalange was located is in fact fact.

I am not sure. But if so, I don't judge her for the response. I would do much the same. Who wouldn't?

If I was Elaine and if I was sure in my heart that he did it, well then, her actions are much milder than mine would be have been, I'm sure.

So, I wonder the size, shape, tearing structures, location, condition, etc. of Dylan's shirt fragment.

What you need to consider, though, is the quote of Mark's that is used doesn't say anything about "the woods where his body was found." That is what the reporter wrote, and it could be accurate or not. MR might have meant that Dylan was outside wandering around near the house and was abducted there. Then murdered and dumped up that road.

I'm not saying I believe that is what he is saying, but there are many ways to interpret that report, it isn't very specific. Again, people are caught up in fitting the clues to what they want to be true, rather than looking at other explanations.

Would a random abductor know that area well enough to feel comfortable navigating it with a dead child's body in his vehicle?

Would a murderer, trying to dump a dead body, want to drive up into an area with only one way out and one way in, knowing there are much easier places to get out of the immediate area? It doesnt make sense to me that a random stranger abduction would end up in that location.

<Time to modify my signature :( Thank goodness Dylan's family has an answer, but it steel feels really....can't find the word...>

I just thought i would re-post this as its important

Investigators say the place where Dylan's remains were found was not a place he would have gone on his own.

"Dylan had a very set routine. He was a very communicative fellow on the Internet and Twitter with his friends. And he had very specific definite plans with his friends and he never showed up for that...it's totally unlike Dylan."

And the fact he did not communicate on Monday was not the Dylan that they knew.

BBM: This board is great. Some people have the feeling that LE knows more than they are letting on, so that make them fairly sure he ISN'T a suspect, while others have the feeling that LE knows more than they are letting on, so that make them fairly sure that Mark IS a suspect.

I enjoy looking at both sides of the coin.

Forgive me, I'm still learning the abbreviations here: what is BBM?

So, I wonder the size, shape, tearing structures, location, condition, etc. of Dylan's shirt fragment.

I'm also wondering about the sock. Did the sock seam like it was pulled off by an animal with teeth puncture marks? What about his shoes? I'm surprised that one hasn't been found yet. Was the phalanx inside of the sock?

Would a random abductor know that area well enough to feel comfortable navigating it with a dead child's body in his vehicle?

Would a murderer, trying to dump a dead body, want to drive up into an area with only one way out and one way in, knowing there are much easier places to get out of the immediate area? It doesnt make sense to me that a random stranger abduction would end up in that location.

Maybe, maybe not. He/she could be local, too, you know.

Nothing makes much sense right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member