Becky Sue Turner and related

I keep going back to the two different styles of handwriting on the page of notes. Maybe the majority of the writing was done by someone else that was significant in her life before changing her identity and she held onto it for sentimental reasons (or otherwise). Because the "these eyes" is in the same writing as the signature on the Becky Sue driver's license I believe that may be the only the SHE actually wrote on the paper.

Another possibility is that someone else wrote all of the notes (except "these eyes") and she was doing some sleuthing of her own trying to find something significant.

I have also begun expanding on the Seattle Time's list of random facts about her.

Here is what I have so far:

Miscellaneous Information about Jane Doe:
• She claimed she was 18 in 1988. She probably was older than that — in her mid-twenties, perhaps (Seattle Times)
• Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – investigators this she was “much older than that … born sometime between 1960 and 1968.” (Fox News)
• She was tall, about 5'10"
• She did not speak with any discernible accent.
• She was in Boise at some point in 1988
• She had a PO box in Boulder City, Nevada in the late 1980s
• She had very long hands, and said she had been a hand model
• She may have had a nose job at some point
• She had breast implants
• She was very religious
• She was a vegetarian
• She may have had ADHD, OCD, or Tourette's Syndrome
• She said she loved Cuban food
• Claimed to have suffered from bulimia
• Was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub when she was attending college (Fox News)
• Had a miscarriage when trying to conceive a baby with husband
• Had student loans, filed for bankruptcy (1990’s)
• Investigators believe she came from the Pacific Northwest or West Coast.
• Had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease, per DNA tests
• Was an unusually private person
• Was aggressive about telling people it was “none of your business” when asked about her past.
• Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.
• Boyfriend from 1990’s said she had “more problems than he could deal with.”

Sources: Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

Here are locations and addresses tied to the case:

(Becky Sue was born in Bakersfield, California in 1969, Died in house fire in Fife, Washington in 1971, was living in Tacoma, Washington at time of death, buried in Puyallup, Washington.)

Late 1980’s, Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

June 1988, Idaho ID card, address listed as 7101 El Caballa, Boise, Idaho 83704, the correct spelling for the address is El Caballo Dr.

July 1988, Application for Lori Kennedy Social Security number. 6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

March 1990, Passport application - 6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079, Dallas, Texas 75231 (Same address used on GED test)

Before 2003, Texas Driver’s License expiration date 7/18/07, 6 Harwood Rd, 387, Bedford, TX 76021

2003? Resume - 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022, Home: 817-685-8401, Cell: 817-715-8578, email csengineer2002@yahoo.com

According to her resume she worked in Arlington (2002/2003), Irving (2000-2002), Dallas (1999-2000), Colleyville (1998), Grand Prairie (1998), and Fort Worth (1992-1998), Texas

Misc names addresses and telephone numbers on notes page trace to California: Hollywood/LA area.

This is great, ClaireNC. I was thinking of doing this same thing but haven't had the time. Being able to see it all together like this really helps, what with all the new information and the times and places. Much thanks :wave:

Do we have a list of places where LEK has been and/or have connections to? Maybe it'd be easier to go through missing people/events happening in the 80s/cults/whatever if we know exactly where she's been and places she has other connections to.

I have been trying to put some of the information together. Here is what I have for addresses and locations. (See my posts from yesterday for a timeline and random facts.)

Locations and Addresses:
(Becky Sue was born in Bakersfield, California in 1969, Died in house fire in Fife, Washington in 1971, was living in Tacoma, Washington at time of death, buried in Puyallup, Washington.)

Late 1980’s, Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

June 1988, Idaho ID card, address listed as 7101 El Caballa, Boise, Idaho 83704, the correct spelling for the address is El Caballo Dr.

July 1988, Application for Lori Kennedy Social Security number. 6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

March 1990, Passport application - 6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079, Dallas, Texas 75231 (Same address used on GED test)

Before 2003, Texas Driver’s License expiration date 7/18/07, 2436 Harwood Rd, 387, Bedford, TX 76021

2003? Resume - 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022, Home: 817-685-8401, Cell: 817-715-8578, email csengineer2002@yahoo.com

According to her resume she worked in Arlington (2002/2003), Irving (2000-2002), Dallas (1999-2000), Colleyville (1998), Grand Prairie (1998), and Fort Worth (1992-1998), Texas

Claimed she was from Scottsdale, AZ per obituary http://www.tributes.com/show/Lori-Erica-Ruff-90422740 and http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-journal/obituary.aspx?pid=147500643#fbLoggedOut

Ancestry.com shows the following addresses for Lori E. Kennedy with DOB 7/18/69:

3146 Hudnall St., Dallas, Texas 75235
14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, Tx 76155
2436 Harwood Rd. Apt. 387, Bedford, Texas 76021

This one comes back as a business when googled:
Lori E. Kennedy (DOB July 1969)
1111 W. Airport #147, Irving, Texas 75062 (phone number 355-0747)

then it lists:
200 Bear Creek Dr. Apt. 219, Euless, TX 76039 (1995)
P.O. Box 543344 #219, Dallas, TX 75354
3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155 (1993)
P.O. Box 810, Euless, Texas 76039 (1995)

Edit to add sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html, Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T

AstroKitty, FWIW, I have been following this story since it was first posted here last year. But when I start reading a long thread like this from scratch, I start at the beginning and read until I get bored, than start from the back and read in reverse order. So at least you have the beginning and most recent parts of the story.

To help those just coming into the thread here is a timeline:

Lori Erica Kennedy/Lori Ruff/Becky Sue Turner Timeline and Random Thoughts/Facts

Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html, Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T Other sources listed when appropriate.

Here is a list of random facts and thoughts:
• She claimed she was 18 in 1988. She probably was older than that — in her mid-twenties, perhaps (Seattle Times)
• Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – investigators this she was “much older than that … born sometime between 1960 and 1968.” (Fox News)
• She was tall, about 5'10"
• She did not speak with any discernible accent.
• She was in Boise at some point in 1988
• She had a PO box in Boulder City, Nevada in the late 1980s
• She had very long hands, and said she had been a hand model
• She may have had a nose job at some point
• She had breast implants
• She was very religious
• She was a vegetarian
• She may have had ADHD, OCD, or Tourette's Syndrome
• She said she loved Cuban food
• Claimed to have suffered from bulimia
• Was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub when she was attending college (Fox News)
• Had a miscarriage when trying to conceive a baby with husband
• Had student loans, filed for bankruptcy (1990’s)
• Investigators believe she came from the Pacific Northwest or West Coast.
• Had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease, per DNA tests
• Was an unusually private person
• Was aggressive about telling people it was “none of your business” when asked about her past.
• Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.
• Boyfriend from 1990’s said she had “more problems than he could deal with.”
• Was extremely protective of her baby
• Widely speculated in the WS community that she might have Marfan syndrome. Correlates with genetic marker for heart disease, height, large hand size and mental health issues.

i sometimes work at the lodge in dallas, and we have to have a permit. you pay 50.00 when you're hired for a background check - you have to have 2 forms of id as well. if you work at any other club you have to do the same thing over and over again. i have no idea when this law came about, does anyone know?

* the lodge is a strip club in dallas

Hi AK-

In 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act was passed. Among other provisions, it required that all employers fill out an I-9 form for each employee. The I-9 form requires the employee to attest and show proof that they are authorized to work in the USA.

Long story short, IF the club where LEK[1] worked actually followed the law and filled out an I-9 for her, all she needed to provide was either 1 document proving both identity and employment authorization (most commonly people present a US Passport) or 2 documents proving such (most commonly people present a driver's license and a Social Security card).

[1]: I'm not going to refer to her as FLEK anymore. Once she changed her name in TX, she legally was LEK. If anything, she was FBST (Fake Becky Sue Turner).

602 used to be the area code for all of Arizona before additional codes were added...this was pre ~1995.

I personally think the scratch sheet was written by her mother or another individual...a female possible looking for a job with a phone company possibly as an operator. Then LEK wrote on top of it when the paper was folded..."These eyes" etc.

BBM

I agree. As I mentioned before, the handwriting for "these eyes" matches her signature on the Becky Sue Turner driver's license. Her signature on the more recent license seems completely different which can happen naturally over time or she could have been purposefully disguising her handwriting.

I wonder if the significant reason for holding on to that paper was what she wrote, what the other person wrote, the last remaining piece of something she was leaving behind (her mother's handwriting, etc.) Blahhhh.... I don't know.

I am thrilled that so much attention is being focused on this case. There are so many great minds on here!

This is the list I originally found...with BST the very last person

http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-addre...3704?addr_num=7101&match=1&sas5=t30#833172101

Just curious if she lived there alone, with someone, pre name change, or even at all!
I totally missed this until I re-read the thread... did you have a paid membership to Spokeo or are you thinking B*** T*** in her 40's is Becky Sue as the last resident?? I was going to pay to join Spokeo, just to see what is out there, unless you have a membership?

*I edited out information I felt might not be wanted.
i hope to god I didn't blow the margins. Normally I don't. These images are large though. I tried my best to put them in order. I know I'm missing a few.

Notice her height.
Notice her wrists and also the slant in posture to one side
Notice her hand size and possible wing span (also large feet)
I'm thinking she had scoliosis and usually marfan goes hand in hand with that. But of course that's just my opinion and I'm not a Dr.
I left her signature because I think it's important. Her handstyles changed often. Her B in becky is totally different than in the other id that uses a B

her nose has a deviated septum it appears.

Restrictions A on a license in Texas means:
"Texas restriction codes are as follows:

A With corrective lenses

Our "doe" LEK had vision issues - she would have at one point worn glasses. Marfan also is connected with vision issues.

xdwbq0.jpg

b6shgi.jpg

2zz51j6.jpg

6j0ava.jpg

2uz73p0.jpg

2wgeyw4.jpg

sd1z0j.jpg

9pqafm.jpg

fu10d2.jpg

2m35h1x.jpg

This is so amazing! I think it's great that the Seattle Times published this too, since it really has boosted the visibility of the story and on WS as well.

I am only on page 40 here, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it...but there is a huge fair called the Puyallup Fair that happens every year in (of course) Puyallup. Currently, they have 2 a year....one in the spring (April) and another in the late summer/early fall (September). I don't know whether it's always happened twice a year.

I just wanted to mention that it's something that could have brought her to the Puyallup area - where Becky Sue's gravesite is located - for even a brief period of time. That is of course assuming that she is the one who pulled all of the info together to get her fake id and didn't have someone else helping her.

This is so amazing! I think it's great that the Seattle Times published this too, since it really has boosted the visibility of the story and on WS as well.

I am only on page 40 here, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it...but there is a huge fair called the Puyallup Fair that happens every year in (of course) Puyallup. Currently, they have 2 a year....one in the spring (April) and another in the late summer/early fall (September). I don't know whether it's always happened twice a year.

I just wanted to mention that it's something that could have brought her to the Puyallup area - where Becky Sue's gravesite is located - for even a brief period of time. That is of course assuming that she is the one who pulled all of the info together to get her fake id and didn't have someone else helping her.

Yep. The Puyallup fair is a HUGE deal here in this portion of the state (I live out on the coast) and brings in a lot of big names too. If she was scouring cemeteries, looking for an identity or something she might have found Becky's this way.

All this new information leads me to speculate that LEK did not do this on her own. She must have used some kind of identity broker. This is too complex, too measured. If she used a broker, then none of the names/identities/fake references would have had any connection to the LEK- they would have been supplied by the broker. If so, then I imagine the names Lori Erica would have had no connection to her old life. Her "new" date of birth coincides with the death of a Kennedy- maybe a broker with a weird sense of humour? I think if there is any clue in LEK's new life, it maybe in the name of her child. I wonder what her little girls name is? Or what name they would have given her if the baby had been a boy? Pregnancy may well have made her sentimental, remember the past. If any of my speculation is correct, she must have had money. So many possibilities. I am wondering whether she was involved in some sort of criminal conspiracy, and had the backing of a group to reinvent after some crime was committed? If to be found out would mean her going to prison, that would be pretty good insentive to stay hidden.

I think that is possible too. It really was a very well organized id change, actually 2 id changes between the Becky one and Lori, at least that we know of. The other thing, to me, is that the name Lori Erica seems so random. It is just not a naturally flowing first and middle name, but maybe that is just my perception. Just saying it seems kind of like a random pulling together of a name and, of course, the last name Kennedy is fairly common.

Regarding her daughter, I'm sure we can't post it since she's minor....but I just wanted to point out that her daughter's first and middle names are listed in LEK's obituary.

Lori and Lisa seem to have the same eyes to me---maybe you're on to something Future Criminologist?
Another important thing I was once told.....if you're going to change your name & identity, keep your new first name the same as your old one because when you go to write it, you may automatically recall your real first name and begin to write the first letter (or say the first syllable).

Keeping the "L" in the new name is a clever move.

moo

Yep, I see it too and it's definitely an interesting theory. Lisa has a thread here on WS: CA CA - Lisa Dickinson, 9, Walnut Creek, 5 Sept 1976 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I thought it was very interesting that the suspect in that disappearance was incarcerated in 1987, since isn't that when LEK became more visible starting with the Becky id, etc?

I just signed up, and am likely not responding in the correct way, but I wanted to make a couple of comments:

The number associated with "These Eyes" googles to Visages production company, as some one earlier pointed out. This link shows 9 productions in 1994. http://notc.com/Content/Spotlights/1994/Whos_Who_In_Music_Video_Prod-10-94.pdf

imdb.com lists the show "Avant-Age" produced by Visages, released in 1988. Here's the imdv bio of the "host" of the show, also listed elsewhere as CEO of Visages.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291589/

I was struck by this: "After high school, she attended DeVry University in Dallas, Texas. Worked as a Freelance Model at the Dallas Apparel Mart while obtaining Bachelors in Electronics Engineering."

DeVry, Dallas, model, engineering.

Probably co-incidental, but wondered if Becky/Lori might have known, auditioned for, worked on a video produced by that company in the 80's?

AnnT

Do we know WHEN she assumed the Becky Sue name? Was it roughly right out of high school? That seems strange to me. I can't imagine at 17-18 having the need for an assumed identity, never mind the means and know how to execute it. Someone must have helped her?

Or did she use that name for part of her childhood as well? In which case, I would think it not HER that initiated it.

In either case, why the name change later? Seems pretty nervy to go in front of a judge and risk being uncovered unless there's a pretty compelling reason to do so. Unless she didn't know it was an assumed identity in the first place, which seems highly unlikely. In that case, why change? I don't know of many people who just randomly decide to have their name legally changed. It's a bit of a hassle.

I think she changed her name later to avoid ever being tracked down because of the Becky Sue name. And most name change petitions are pretty routine, unlikely to be questioned unless she had a criminal record, which Becky Sue clearly couldn't have.

Do we know WHEN she assumed the Becky Sue name? Was it roughly right out of high school? That seems strange to me. I can't imagine at 17-18 having the need for an assumed identity, never mind the means and know how to execute it. Someone must have helped her?

Or did she use that name for part of her childhood as well? In which case, I would think it not HER that initiated it.

In either case, why the name change later? Seems pretty nervy to go in front of a judge and risk being uncovered unless there's a pretty compelling reason to do so. Unless she didn't know it was an assumed identity in the first place, which seems highly unlikely. In that case, why change? I don't know of many people who just randomly decide to have their name legally changed. It's a bit of a hassle.
Read the timeline, posted on here several times. She was probably considerably older than 17 or 18. And with the Loompanics catalog, she did not need any other help.

Angie4b1g, Here is the timeline. She only used the Becky Sue name for a few months in 1988. That name was just a tool to make the change to Lori Kennedy. It is explained in the articles.

Lori Erica Kennedy/Lori Ruff/Becky Sue Turner Timeline
Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html, Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T

I think I also noticed that in addition to Becky's name being misspelled on the death certificate, her DOB was different by a couple days. Clearly they weren't into accuracy in that department.

I just signed up, and am likely not responding in the correct way, but I wanted to make a couple of comments:

The number associated with "These Eyes" googles to Visages production company, as some one earlier pointed out. This link shows 9 productions in 1994. http://notc.com/Content/Spotlights/1994/Whos_Who_In_Music_Video_Prod-10-94.pdf

imdb.com lists the show "Avant-Age" produced by Visages, released in 1988. Here's the imdv bio of the "host" of the show, also listed elsewhere as CEO of Visages.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291589/

I was struck by this: "After high school, she attended DeVry University in Dallas, Texas. Worked as a Freelance Model at the Dallas Apparel Mart while obtaining Bachelors in Electronics Engineering."

DeVry, Dallas, model, engineering.

Probably co-incidental, but wondered if Becky/Lori might have known, auditioned for, worked on a video produced by that company in the 80's?

AnnT

It looks like there are more than one film/video/photography companies with the name Visage(s). The one owned by the woman that hosted Avant-Age is located in Oklahoma and is called Visage Productions. The one in with the 650-8880 number is located in California and has the name Visages RPS, Inc. 7750 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90046 Phone: 323.650.8880
I don't really see a link between the two companies.

Another reason some of us think she is considerable older is because her identity change was so well planned out and executed. I don't really see somebody 18 years old and right out of high school being able to pull that off. While somebody in their mid-20's would have more life experience and would have had the opportunity to meet the kind of people that would be able to help with her plan.

As for the exact age she chose to become. That was based on Becky Sue's birth date. I think she found the Becky Sue identity and then made herself out to be that age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back