TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
disregard my last post. I just saw someone brought this up LONG ago. I forgot. Did we ever resolve which company the number belonged to ?

Was doing some back checking on the "ours" phone number.. Internet says firm was established in 2009... No bueno! So I googled the number and dug deep. This is what I found: View attachment 35522
Whattt? Gonna look further into this.
The “ours” phone no 303-293-2333 is for this law firm in Denver, Co and they have been in business for 30 years. At least that's what it says on the website.

http://www.milesgershlaw.com/

I found an interesting article about assuming an identity. This has got me to thinking of where we can/can't definitively place LEK at locations.

CAN'T -> May 1988 Washington to discover BST's grave, etc
CAN'T -> May 1988 California to obtain a copy of BC (someone else may have retrieved it)
CAN -> June 1988 Boise, ID to get her ID card and photo in person
CAN -> July 1988 Dallas, TX to apply for and receive a name change.

Sorry for the article being split into four, but I did not feel like transcribing it and my iPad mini only let me do screenshots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 60
R. Chynoweth evidently took in several members of the family's children. I watched an interview she gave and the video had these pics
u2utymad.jpg

a8a5yre3.jpg

Kinda blurry

In the first picture, third from the left on the bottom row, wearing the red sweater...? What year is this photo? There is something about the hairstyle and the way she is holding her head that reminds me a lot of LEK in the first ID picture.

Greetings,

I am new here, I too became curious about this case after reading the ST article. I was born in the mid 60's in San Francisco, and then moved to the Seattle area as a teen. I believe, like many others here, that LEK was born in the same era.

What intrigued me was the way that Jane Doe created her first identity of BST. I
say this because my own father did the same thing for something as "innocuous" as hiding from the department of support enforcement. I was a small girl, mid 70's, and my dad had some medical records sitting on the table and those records had someone else's name and birthdate on them. I asked him why that was, and he said he had to change his name because my mom was after him. Essentially, he was hiding in plain sight. My dad was a con man that was in and out of prison.

So when I was a teen I asked my dad how he managed to change his name all those years earlier. And he simply told me the same story we find here with BST. He told me that he searched the obituary pages of local newspapers for people who died young and were from a different state, send away for their birth certificate and bingo he became a new person. He was then able to apply for a new SSN etc.

The reason why I bring this up is because so many people have suggested that maybe LEK had used an identity broker. I don't believe that would have been vital to her changing her identity. Here I am, about the same age as LEK, and I had this information as a teen. My dad was part of the criminal element and he had access to this info without paying someone to do it, I just happened to observe a name change and then ask questions later. I had this information long before my 18th birthday. Another connection that I find interesting is that my dad also frequented strip joints in California during this same time period. So my guess is that our Jane Doe is/was part of the criminal element of the day.

Thanks for letting me get these thoughts down. I've also had several other thoughts and will post later.

Thanks, Globones

Greetings,

I am new here, I too became curious about this case after reading the ST article. I was born in the mid 60's in San Francisco, and then moved to the Seattle area as a teen. I believe, like many others here, that LEK was born in the same era.

What intrigued me was the way that Jane Doe created her first identity of BST. I
say this because my own father did the same thing for something as "innocuous" as hiding from the department of support enforcement. I was a small girl, mid 70's, and my dad had some medical records sitting on the table and those records had someone else's name and birthdate on them. I asked him why that was, and he said he had to change his name because my mom was after him. Essentially, he was hiding in plain sight. My dad was a con man that was in and out of prison.

So when I was a teen how he managed to change his name all those years earlier. And he simply told me the same story we find here with BST. He told me that he searched the obituary pages of local newspapers for people who died young and were from a different state, send away for their birth certificate and bingo he became a new person. He was then able to apply for a new SSN etc.

The reason why I bring this up is because so many people have suggested that maybe LEK had used an identity broker. I don't believe that would have been vital to her changing her identity. Here I am, about the same age as LEK, and I had this information as a teen. My dad was part of the criminal element and he had access to this info without paying someone to do it, I just happened to observe a name change and then ask questions later. I had this information long before my 18th birthday. Another connection that I find interesting is that my dad also frequented strip joints in California during this same time period. So my guess is that our Jane Doe is/was part of the criminal element of the day.

Thanks for letting me get these thoughts down. I've also had several other thoughts and will post later.

Thanks, Globones

Great insight. Welcome, Globones!

Hi all,

I've just been trying to catch up, both here and at the Seattle Times comment thread. My worry, with the seemingly endless number of photos of missing persons being compared, is that it is SO easy to fool yourself.

Check out this article on "look-alike" celebrities (the Daily Mail is very much a tabloid, but the side-by-side comparisons are very well done). Most of these are striking, some are astonishing. Natalie Portman and Kiera Knightly appear to be identical twins!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2269328/Twincredible-Keira-Knightley-Natalie-Portman-stars-separated-birth.html

We know she ordered the BC in May 1988. The truth is we don't really know what address that BC was mailed to.

Snipped by me.

That would be a perfect lead if only the office of vital records kept written requests back in 1988! I wonder if LE has attempted to track that down. Surely they have already thought of it.

Hi all,

I've just been trying to catch up, both here and at the Seattle Times comment thread. My worry, with the seemingly endless number of photos of missing persons being compared, is that it is SO easy to fool yourself.

Check out this article on "look-alike" celebrities (the Daily Mail is very much a tabloid, but the side-by-side comparisons are very well done). Most of these are striking, some are astonishing. Natalie Portman and Kiera Knightly appear to be identical twins!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2269328/Twincredible-Keira-Knightley-Natalie-Portman-stars-separated-birth.html

Very good point Bookman and I agree completely. I really don't see any resemblance to any of the MP listed. I'm sure that if I looked hard enough for long enough I could fool myself into thinking that she does look like some of them though.

Looking over the handwritten notes, I feel like "Lori" must have been on the phone when she made some of them since she appears to have a similar habit to me: tracing over her notes while talking. Look at "today" and "460-6190" for example.

I wonder if there are any unreleased documents.

Hi all,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ey-Natalie-Portman-stars-separated-birth.html

That is why Kiera played Princess Amadala's (Natalie Portman's character) double in "The Phantom Menace"!

Greetings,

So when I was a teen I asked my dad how he managed to change his name all those years earlier. And he simply told me the same story we find here with BST. He told me that he searched the obituary pages of local newspapers for people who died young and were from a different state, send away for their birth certificate and bingo he became a new person. He was then able to apply for a new SSN etc.

Thanks, Globones

Great Post, that's why I thought that LEK might possibly be a child of someone who had taken her and hid her from her other parent, as in a parental abduction. She may have been told her own other parent had died and never knew that there was another parent missing her. In that case, she would have already been living under an assumed identity and might not know here true identity. A bit of a wild idea, yet not impossible.

Snipped by me.

That would be a perfect lead if only the office of vital records kept written requests back in 1988! I wonder if LE has attempted to track that down. Surely they have already thought of it.

How about banking records? Looks like the BC request was paid for by cheque ('check').

How about banking records? Looks like the BC request was paid for by cheque ('check').

Isn't the golden rule for keeping financial docs 7 years? We're well past that. And they weren't digitally storing that stuff back then. Unless someone can produce a photocopy of a check or the bank account number, I think that lead would dry up pretty quick. But if they kept the correspondence, maybe they kept a photocopy of the check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix