VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis, where are you!?! We're trying to find you sweetheart! :(

Welcome 65 Guests! If you are local, please join us. Local insight is very important right now!

Her great aunt said she thought Alexis would be afraid of him because he looked scary, but that's hard to say. Apparently his vehicle had been seen near where she lived AND was a fixture at the gas station:

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/219363781.html?device=phone

Yes, exactly. As soon as I saw his picture I thought "that's the creepy guy that's always at the Liberty and flirting with the female clerks". I remember once going through the McDonalds drive-thru and seeing him pretty close to where I was waiting in line. I remember putting my window up and locking the doors. He gives off a very bad vibe.

Here is RATs picture from court today.
1170798_10151532888162217_356027121_n.jpg

Just another interesting bit of info. Alexis worked at a store very close to Carmike where her car was found. They are less than a half mile away, less if you walk across lots. Perhaps it was just coincidence, but it is interesting none the less. I have no idea if he knew she worked there at all, but perhaps it was another effort of his to confuse police and get them to think she just walked away....

That looks like a guy who is about to crack.

I hope they have him on tight suicide watch. (I'm sure they do)
I also hope he is in isolation so no other prisoners can get to him (at least until Alexis is found).

The family knows him. It is possible she may have given him a ride knowing that he was a local and lived less than 2 miles from the Liberty.

If that's what happened, it sure would clear up a lot of questions.
When you say they know him, do they know him, or know OF him? I know OF a lot of people that I don't know and have never really spoken to, but I know who they are. Just curious about the level of familiarity Alexis may have had with him.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, exactly. As soon as I saw his picture I thought "that's the creepy guy that's always at the Liberty and flirting with the female clerks". I remember once going through the McDonalds drive-thru and seeing him pretty close to where I was waiting in line. I remember putting my window up and locking the doors. He gives off a very bad vibe.

So it is obvious that to some he definitely didn't seem like the friendly neighbor next door type. I'm with you twinbaby, I don't think she would have went with him willingly. I can imagine just what she'd probably say to her friends about this "creepy *advertiser censored* (I won't say it!)" that hangs out at the Liberty station. This is not the kind of guy I see her her social circles at all. I can't help but wonder if he had been stalking her.

When you say they know him, do they know him, or know OF him? I know OF a lot of people that I don't know and have never really spoken to, but I know who they are. Just curious about the level of familiarity Alexis may have had with him.

I got the feeling that the "know of him" - that they have seen him around - but didn't "know" him - as he was in their social circle. I may be wrong, but the statements that the family made seemed more along the lines of "oh yea, that guy"

Especially now that we know his house was searched with a warrant BEFORE the car was found...

However... He could have had it hidden in another place before the parking lot...

but that is a lot of moving around... Causing attention to himself...

:dunno:
Jumping off from the first comment for a speculative rant.

What are RAT's connections to the Cripps? other gangs? any? AM could have been transported very quickly out of the county after she was snatched if they were involved.

It could be AM's car was used by RAT, or someone connected to him, for an illegal activity unrelated to the actual abduction before AM was ever reported missing. A third party could have stashed the car and no one been the wiser.

Also, if LE believed RAT was involved in an illegal activity that took place during the time AM disappeared, in the area in which she disappeared, he would have come up on their radar well before the car was found. JMO, but LE may have charges to bring against him not necessarily related to Alexis that will nullify any concern about a "speedy hearing".

It just feels as though there should be at least one more arrest in this case.

Just another interesting bit of info. Alexis worked at a store very close to Carmike where her car was found. They are less than a half mile away, less if you walk across lots. Perhaps it was just coincidence, but it is interesting none the less. I have no idea if he knew she worked there at all, but perhaps it was another effort of his to confuse police and get them to think she just walked away....

Do you have the address of the store where she worked?

Sorry. I should have clarified. They know of him. They don't personally know him or are associated with him, but they know who he is.

I think the family has just seen him around town. There was mention in one article that he had been seen before on the street where AM lived though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member