GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great evening all! Tomorrow is hopefully the last day with testimony!

So the talking heads mike is still hot! some lady came by and said they will be done early tomorrow again. something about 1:30 pm and still going over the charges. I couldn't quite catch it all.

Did anyone else hear the conv.?

So the talking heads mike is still hot! some lady came by and said they will be done early tomorrow again. something about 1:30 pm and still going over the charges. I couldn't quite catch it all.

Did anyone else hear the conv.?
Darn. I didn't hear that part. Maybe done with wits, and they get overnight to prepare their closing arguments?

I have a question. this came up in the Arias trial, too.
the attorneys go to chambers to discuss a ruling. Then they come out in public, and debate more? Why wasn't it all decided in chambers? Why half and half?
I have a bad attitude towards deaf attorneys so my take was that they just wanted to get (in this case) the fact that Andrea supposedly screamed when she found out about Rusty, (or was it Hemy) out to the public?
Nurmi's public display was self-serving, as well, which led me to believe this bad stuff about def attorneys. Lol
But I'm wondering if there is a legit reason for that.

I would think the jury is starting to get "antsy" along about now. Today's parade of irrelevant witnesses was a time-wasting desperation ploy IMO.

The defense attorneys seem to me to be just "going through the motions" to provide a defense here. But what else can they do, I guess?

I see the 6-8 attorneys sitting at the defense table. Each and every one of them are getting paid. It is so obvious that Andrea made a decision to try to buy herself some justice with the $2 million in insurance she got. I doubt if the jury is missing that, either.

I wonder where Andrea is coming from right now? Probably still so happy the murder charge was dropped that she can't even see where she is on these perjury charges. I've come to wonder if the Prosecutor James hasn't been playing games with her all along. Or, perhaps better said, using strategy.

He had enough to BRING the murder charges along with the various perjury charges. It was his decision to drop the murder charges - at the last minute. So her team of attorneys would have been concentrating on preparing to defend the murder charge right up until the last minute. Discounting the importance of the perjury charges? Hmmm....

I am COUNTING on this jury!

I would think the jury is starting to get "antsy" along about now. Today's parade of irrelevant witnesses was a time-wasting desperation ploy IMO.

The defense attorneys seem to me to be just "going through the motions" to provide a defense here. But what else can they do, I guess?

I see the 6-8 attorneys sitting at the defense table. Each and every one of them are getting paid. It is so obvious that Andrea made a decision to try to buy herself some justice with the $2 million in insurance she got. I doubt if the jury is missing that, either.

I wonder where Andrea is coming from right now? Probably still so happy the murder charge was dropped that she can't even see where she is on these perjury charges. I've come to wonder if the Prosecutor James hasn't been playing games with her all along. Or, perhaps better said, using strategy.

He had enough to BRING the murder charges along with the various perjury charges. It was his decision to drop the murder charges - at the last minute. So her team of attorneys would have been concentrating on preparing to defend the murder charge right up until the last minute. Discounting the importance of the perjury charges? Hmmm....

I am COUNTING on this jury!
I thought I heard a rumor that some of their best evidence was proven unreliable at the last minute. I wonder what changed to make them drop them?

I thought I heard a ruhmor that some of their best evidence was proven unreliable at the last minute. I wonder what changed to make them drop them.

I've always thought that the DA thought they could get Hemy to testify against her. There was some talk by the defense that the prosecution had leaked those prison phone calls and exposed Dell-gate in order to inflame Hemy into testifying.

I'm certain that's what happened, because what else could have just fallen through so close to the start of the trial? Maybe Hemy said yes, and then at the last minute said no.

Darn. I didn't hear that part. Maybe done with wits, and they get overnight to prepare their closing arguments?

I have a question. this came up in the Arias trial, too.
the attorneys go to chambers to discuss a ruling. Then they come out in public, and debate more? Why wasn't it all decided in chambers? Why half and half?
I have a bad attitude towards deaf attorneys so my take was that they just wanted to get (in this case) the fact that Andrea supposedly screamed when she found out about Rusty, (or was it Hemy) out to the public?
Nurmi's public display was self-serving, as well, which led me to believe this bad stuff about def attorneys. Lol
But I'm wondering if there is a legit reason for that.

Personally, I think they should do most of the mini-hearings or whatever they're called, in public. I thought trials were supposed to be as open as possible to the public. What I see since I've started following more trials, is a bunch of secrecy and doing everything with white-noise at the bench, or in chambers. I realize there are probably big changes in this in very high-profile trials, but I still think they should be open...it's still the public, just a LARGER public...lol. I dont know, it just seems like the lawyers are always arguing for this, arguing for that, but yet they conveniently forget the right of the public.

don't forget Beth tonight!
.she is now their senior legal analyst !!

Hope it's ok to add the link to her show tonight. Starts in an hour. :seeya:

http://www.spreecast.com/events/live-court-discussion-with-beth-karas/embed-large

Thanks for this reminder, JusticeJunkie -- I just saw the replay of the spreecast late tonight -- Beth looks and sounds great -- so good to hear her again -- she was just filled with so much information on quite a few cases -- including AS. So glad she is back. She said she will do a weekly spreecast -- plus tweeting from trials!! Yeah.

OMG...wow oh wow...Shayna was veryyyyy interesting. This was the first time I had seen this. I wish the jury could have seen the part in the break for her to compose herself, how there is Shayna crying and upset, and there's Andrea laughing and joking with her family!! :stormingmad:

I thought she was very believable due to the detail she gave about everything.

I thought the part about the cruise was interesting...that Andrea had told her that they had had sex on the trip, and everyone was led (by Andrea) to believe that the cruise had been beneficial for their marriage. Hmmm....now why would she want the people who knew their marriage had problems, to believe that now they were better?? Hmmm....

My only question is why would Andrea tell Shayna that the eyes in the sketch looked like Hemy? And why would she show her the e-mail she wrote him "did you have anything to do with it" or something to that effect? Did she feel like she could trust Shayna with that information even after what she (Andrea) had done?

Good Morning!

I've been thinking about all the :blowkiss: testimony about the happy couple, Rusty and Andrea. So many people talked about the perfect marriage they had, in front of others, at least.

I sure hope there are mostly married people on the jury. Just about any married person knows that marriage isn't all that perfect an institution. There are ups and downs in even the best one.

Almost time to start! What will happen today?

Morning All!
I agree with you CarolinaMoon....The Sneiderman's didn't argue in public was what yesterday's testimony amounted to. There is no such thing as ANY relationship, married or not, that is 100% content.
I'm hoping AS will insist on taking the stand but I'm sure her team of lawyers will hog tie her before they let that happen!

Mornin' Peeps!

:coffeews:

I don't think Andrea will take the stand. Bummer. :sigh:

:seeya: Good Morning Y'All !

Question : Does anyone think that AS will testify ?

No doubt, her "army" of attorneys will not let her testify ...

But on the other hand, she is a :dramaqueen: and wants to be in the center of attention ...

TIA !

:seeya:

Andrea Lippman is up. Another friend. Starting where we left off yesterday. The rah-rah club. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500