Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know if RT has internet access at this point. LE seemingly needs help tracking his movements.

There are a lot of reports trending on Twitter now about a body found either in the Charlottesville or Augusta county landfill.

So the girl on her way into Lynchburg stops to fuel up, talks to this guy, and decides to take a random detour to go buy pot with him after 7pm (with a 30 min drive still ahead if her)? Even more conveniently, RT does not know the name of the guy that was in his trailer? Yeah, his story is complete bull****.

Regarding AM's marijuana use in general, I would be surprised if she hadn't used it at age 17 in Nelson. I'd say probably 60ish% of the high school has. Within her social group, probably more like 90%. Very popular there, due in large part to ease of acquisition. It's cultivated a lot in the area.

BBM.. To copy on the iPad place your finger lightly on the text you want to copy. A bubble will come up then it will say select, select all and paste. If you want the word your finger is on pick select, if you want the entire sentance select, select all... After you selected your text it will become highlighted then you will get th cut, copy paste option. Select copy. Then go to wherever you want to paste the text.... Insert a cursor and hold your finger in that spot... Paste option should appear.

Hope this helps!:seeya:

Thanks Rayne! :seeya:

http://www.readthehook.com/109994/where-are-they-two-missing-girls-one-suspect?quicktabs_1=1

JMO, but I think that RAT does not try to do these kinds of things on his own. I speculate that he might grab the girl, steal her car, toss her phone, hand her off to his partner/s, take his cut or payoff, and leave. Someone else has the girl, controls the car, and leaves for a different destination. Even though RAT may know where the girl ends up, he can honestly say that he was not the last person to...

that has been my thought for a while now....

Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said.

So why would he park at the gas pumps to go in and get cigarettes? Why not park in front in a parking space? Keep talking RAT!

woah! so if she set up the transaction, wouldn't her phone have traces of calling someone to come and DO the transaction?!

idk what to think at this point..
Exactly!

Its quite a thin explanation from him, and on the surface its good, real good. However, as you point out, her involving a third party would leave a trail.
Lets wait for LE to produce their evidence in court.

i really wish we knew the name of the store she was planning to go to for her hair and what time they closed. if it was already 7ish, i can't imagine she'd want to take a quick moment to hang out with 2 dudes to get high and drink if she was so excited about getting her hair done for pictures. i think this was already discussed.. how far from the liberty station to lynchburg (timewise)??

and $60 on weed?! how convenient now that we know he paid for his purchase at the sex shop with a $100 bill.. (i'd have to go track down the link.. someone mentioned it upthread)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to believe they have the wrong guy, but his details are very specific. Most people just aren't that creative. And I don't know if we know if Alexis is known to have smoked pot, or if we're allowed to discuss it if she was, but in my experience pot can be a "unifier" that causes people to interact across age/race/etc barriers, with the pot being the common denominator.

I know people are going to hate reading this post, and I'm sorry, but sometimes the wrong people get arrested. I will be happy if I turn out to be completely misguided here.

I agree the wrong people get arrested. No problem with that statement at all. There are things about his story that could be spot on, and things that intuition tell us (or most of us) are not. Plus, somethings that just don'ts seem to fit based on what we know.

1. She was seen talking to a man at the gas station. That fits.
2. She allegedly drove off and was allegedly followed by him. That doesn't fit. Why would she go first if she was going to his address, unless she was already familiar with it. I'm not buying it.
3. Her phone was last active shorting after leaving the gas station. What happened to it? Her family has said she was diligent about keeping it charged. So why did it all of the sudden go inactive after the last ping NEAR RAT's address? That doesn't fit. I think she'd have been tweeting or something if she was just sitting there.
4. Her SM shows a familiarity with the pot culture, without a doubt. But I don't think she'd be making random on the spot drug deals with some guy - unless she already knew him. Doesn't fit completely.
5. This is just intuition, but I do not see this girl sitting around some tiny camper with a 48 year old white guy and a 20 something black guy. I just don't see it.
6. Why do they always point to "some black guy" as the guilt one?!!

So why would he park at the gas pumps to go in and get cigarettes? Why not park in front in a parking space? Keep talking RAT!

Looks like Rat's stories are getting mixed up. Taylor: he met #AlexisMurphy a while ago & he was smoking pot. He asked her to get weed when they saw each other at Lovingston gas station.

I agree the wrong people get arrested. No problem with that statement at all. There are things about his story that could be spot on, and things that intuition tell us (or most of us) are not. Plus, somethings that just don'ts seem to fit based on what we know.

1. She was seen talking to a man at the gas station. That fits.
2. She allegedly drove off and was allegedly followed by him. That doesn't fit. Why would she go first if she was going to his address, unless she was already familiar with it. I'm not buying it.
3. Her phone was last active shorting after leaving the gas station. What happened to it? Her family has said she was diligent about keeping it charged. So why did it all of the sudden go inactive after the last ping NEAR RAT's address?
4. Her SM shows a familiarity with the pot culture, without a doubt. But I don't think she'd be making random on the spot drug deals with some guy - unless she already knew him.
5. This is just intuition, but I do not see this girl sitting around some tiny camper with a 48 year old white guy and a 20 something black guy. I just don't see it.
6. Why do they always point to "some black guy" as the guilt one?!!

BBM: her last phone "activity" was to her voicemail at 7:20 and they supposedly hung out at his trailer for a while and left before dark (sun set was 8:16). she had absolutely no phone activity while sitting there?

BS. if she was there, it wasn't willingly.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to believe they have the wrong guy, but his details are very specific. Most people just aren't that creative. And I don't know if we know if Alexis is known to have smoked pot, or if we're allowed to discuss it if she was, but in my experience pot can be a "unifier" that causes people to interact across age/race/etc barriers, with the pot being the common denominator.

I know people are going to hate reading this post, and I'm sorry, but sometimes the wrong people get arrested. I will be happy if I turn out to be completely misguided here.
Most people aren't that specific, either, unless they are trying to set up an alibi. He can tell you right down to the wheel size on the car, corn rows and age of the guy, and they all just happened to come back to his place for the drug deal. I understand your point, but for your same reason, I go the opposite way and think it is too specific.

A 20 year old Caprice Classic should not take any time to track down, so we should find out pretty quick.

If they did any kind of DNA test on it, then it would have had to been her actual hair. It depends on how she had her hair weave done. The have various types of ways to do weave, I am not an expert on that but I know that much. He is covering, and he thinks he is smarter than the LE so he wants to take them on a wild goose chase but he has to admit to her being in his trailer. That gives him close proximity to AM with no alibi. Just like he did with SC, he had no verifiable alibi according to the article done by the hook.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

She could have had it done (her hair) from part way back leaving her with her true bangs towards the front (I think she has bangs still but I could be wrong). If that's the case then her real hair could have "shed".

BBM: her last phone "activity" was to her voicemail at 7:20 and they supposedly hung out at his trailer for a while and left before dark (sun set was 8:16). she had absolutely no phone activity while sitting there?

BS. if she was there, it wasn't willingly.

Exactly! I just edited to include that very thought. Great minds, great minds!

Well guys: To those that have never set up a drug deal. Typically you just don't pop over to someone's house to purchase. You call and rarely send a text but some people I suppose don't worry about the text sending. There will be record of that correspondence because I can't for a second see her popping over to a friend or dealers house to get a bag and bringing some skeevy old white guy in a damn suburban, without forewarning.

There are a lot of reports trending on Twitter now about a body found either in the Charlottesville or Augusta county landfill.

Where was this report from?

BTW: I'm only asking not being snarky or rude.

Well guys: To those that have never set up a drug deal. Typically you just don't pop over to someone's house to purchase. You call and rarely send a text but some people I suppose don't worry about the text sending. There will be record of that correspondence because I can't for a second see her popping over to a friend or dealers house to get a bag and bringing some skeevy old white guy in a damn suburban, without forewarning.

Precisely! My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member