Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 23h
Nelson Schools confirm Randy Taylor chaperoned a MS field trip last year, okayed because he was not on a sex offender registry #AlexisMurphy

Thought this might be a helpful timeline for folks. But then when I did it, it was less interesting that I thought it would be

• 2/15/2005 ARSON
• 2/15/2005 ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN FALSE PRETEN
• 2/15/2005 CONSPIRE TO COMMIT ARSON
• 1/1/2007 STALKING
• 5/21/2007 70/55 SPEEDING
• 5/21/2007 NO REG. CARD/LIC IN POSSESSION
• 8/17/2007 73/55 SPEEDING
• 2/18/2008 Tinted or Smoked Windshield
• 4/15/2008 POSSES/OPER UNAPP/ALTER EQUIP
• 4/15/2008 Tinted or Smoked Windshield
• 10/15/2008 DESTRUCT PROP W/INTENT <$1000
• 9/23/2009 47/35 SP
• 9/23/2009 SAFETY BELT VIOLATION
• 9/28/2009 Fail to obey highway sign
Cassandra Ann Morton 10/10/2009 23 Lynchburg, VA
Letisha Faust 12/9/2009 50 Woolwine, VA
Joan Renee Cook 1/24/2010 45 Salem, VA
Samantha Anne Clark 9/13/2010 21 Orange, VA
• 10/5/2010 70/55
• 11/22/2010 attempt - burglary night to comm felony
• 11/22/2010 ASSAULT: (MISDEMEANOR)
• 11/22/2010 ATTEMPT - BURGLARY NIGHT TO COMM FELONY
• 11/22/2010 PETIT LARC <$200 NOT FRM PERSN
• 12/9/2010 SP
• 1/19/2011 SAFETY BELT VIOL/MINOR (8-17)
• 1/19/2011 SAFETY BELT VIOLATION
• 6/15/2011 FAIL TO CARRY/EXHIBIT LICENSE
• 6/21/2011 VIOLATE COURT ORDER
• 8/17/2011 DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT GENERALLY
• 8/17/2011 DRIV ON SUSP LIC/FINE & COST
• 8/17/2011 DWI, 1ST
• 8/17/2011 nonviol felon poss gun w/i 10y
• 8/17/2011 CONCEALED WEAPON: CARRY
• 8/17/2011 NONVIOL FELON POSS GUN W/I 10Y
• 10/12/2011 60/45 SP Mark For Payment
Lauren Susann Smith 11/21/2011 22 Madison County
• 12/7/2011 DRIV UNDER REVO/SUSPENSION
• 12/7/2011 CA/FTA ON 11/09/11 Mark For Payment
Jean Braxton Rose 1/2/2012 69 Fletcher's Level Road, Amherst, VA
• 5/2/2012 DRIV UNDER REVO/SUSPENSION Mark For Payment
• 5/2/2012 FAIL TO STOP/ ACCIDENT - MISD Mark For Payment
• 5/2/2012 FAIL TO APPEAR; CONTEMPT Mark For Payment
• 2/6/2013 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA Mark For Payment
• 3/27/2013 PETIT LARCENY Mark For Payment
Alexis Murphy 8/3/2013 17 Shipman, VA

Yeah, the complete comfort zone map isn't as interesting as I thought it would be, either. I don't think it's any different than what the map of any other resident of central Virginia would look like...I think I need to go back to the specifics even if it does make a cluttered map.

Quite recent, so not the right time frame, but this does place him in the area of the Colonial Parkway murders. It also tells us he has continued association with the coast.
That may not be, the same RAT, the DOB on the York County charge shows 07/21.

Yeah, the complete comfort zone map isn't as interesting as I thought it would be, either. I don't think it's any different than what the map of any other resident of central Virginia would look like...I think I need to go back to the specifics even if it does make a cluttered map.

Go check out the map I put on the victim page. You can def see there is a line up and down 29 of unsolved murders and missing persons. I don't know what the normal rural highway looks like, but that is kinda crazy.

York County
GT09009537-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 09/28/2009 11:00 AM FAIL TO OBEY HIGHWAY SIGN
I pulled up the charge in York County but it shows a different DOB. Shows July 21st. Isn't his June 19th?

I remember, in the case of the couple there was something about the young man's wallet. Were there oddities similar to that with your sister's belongings?

Just mentioning the couple reminds me of the VT couple who were killed while out hiking near a State Park and then the young man more recently in the same area. Roanoke is just south of Lynchburg and North of I-40.

If many of these cases are related, then this guy doesn't have a type he is just killing any young person who suits him, male, female, homosexual, anyone in their late teens or young adulthood.

In the Thomas/Dowski killing, there was no robbery and no sexual assault. We were told that my sister's case and some of the others, wallets were out as if a police officer and park ranger had approached the vehicle. 3 of the 4 vehicles were in lover's lane kind of place, the 4th at a rest stop on I-64.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas

To me it looks like Fluvana is dead center in his comfort zone.

Someone mentioned a Richmond area address. If this has been verified a link would be very much appreciated. Because Richmond is dead center of Virginia Beach to Charlottesville on the I-64 corridor. There are dozens of missing teenage girls from Richmond. :(

Someone said, "yeah but most of them are Foster kids." I don't see how that matters as they are sometimes even more vulnerable to abductions.

Go check out the map I put on the victim page. You can def see there is a line up and down 29 of unsolved murders and missing persons. I don't know what the normal rural highway looks like, but that is kinda crazy.

The crimes definitely have a pattern. No doubt about that. But it doesn't quite match RAT's known locations.

I'm starting to think he's only guilt of these two abductions...

Has anyone seen the latest charges in Albemarle County
Case Number:
CR04017298-02 Re-Instatement
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Parole (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO.

Btw, has anyone seen the latest charges in Albemarle County:
http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.html

Case Number:
CR04017298-02 Re-Instatement
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Parole (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO.

Now that is interesting. Do we know what he was on parole for? I don't ever recall seeing that he was on parole, but I may have just missed it. Wonder what the violation was considering it was 2 days before AM disappeared? They must have evidence of whatever he did to violate parole. I will be curious to find out more.

Now that is interesting. Do we know what he was on parole for? I don't ever recall seeing that he was on parole, but I may have just missed it. Wonder what the violation was considering it was 2 days before AM disappeared? They must have evidence of whatever he did to violate parole. I will be curious to find out more.

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/CaseDetail.do

It states that the charge was Felony.
Also interesting is the fact that under address it says Ruckersville, VA.

Ft Walton? They better be checking who went missing while he lived there! IIRC there are quite a few teen girls missing from the general area there!

Darn it! It was late and the site wouldn't let me copy and paste outside of table format...erg! Tried not to make any mistakes but alas...another.
A Zillion apologies..still he is being held on that charge, too.

Darn it! It was late and the site wouldn't let me copy and paste outside of table format...erg! Tried not to make any mistakes but alas...another.
A Zillion apologies..still he is being held on that charge, too.

What is interesting is that the violation happened on 8/1/2013 BEFORE the abduction. It doesn't give any details as to what the violations was but I think it would have to all related to the arson charges. this whole arson case is confusing though

According to case CR04017300-00 on 8/6/2004 he was arrested for conspiring to commit arson that occurred on 6/15/2002. It went to trial and the charges were dropped.

According to case CR04017298-00 on 8/6/2004 he was arrested for arson that occurred on 6/16/2002. It went to trial where he pleaded not guilty. But he was found found guilty on 02/15/2005. But nothing about sentence is in the record.

Note: his address is listed as unknown in both records.

That brings me to case CR04017298-01 (I think the -01 means both charges are linked and it was that same trial?). On 5/28/2010 he violated a court order and was arrested for that on 8/11/2010. The trial was on 6/21/2011 and his parole was revoked and he was sentenced to 2 years in jail. His address is listed as Charlottesville,VA .

Not sure how long he was in jail.

Next up CR04017298-02 (still linked to the arson charge). On 8/1/2013 he violated parole. His address is listed as Ruckersville, VA. No arrest date is listed but there was a hearing on 8/16/2013. Capias Granted

Things I don't know is how long his sentence was for the Arson charge. How much time did he serve the first time? The second time?

So, the 2nd violation occurred before in July, before AM disappeared. I am thinking that they arrested him for the abduction and in the course of that investigation they discovered the parole violation and since he was already arrested they didn't need to arrest him again.

This guy could very well be a psychopath. Two of the criteria that mental health institutions screen for are starting fires and torturing animals.

The following is an excerpt from changing minds.org

The psychopathic personality is a particularly antisocial and predatory one. Characteristics include:

A high need for control.
Arrogant and confident sense of superiority and entitlement.
Easily bored, seeking stimulation and lacking fear.
No loyalty, empathy or concern for other people.
Callous use of lies, manipulation and other abuse.
No conscience, lacking guilt or remorse for anything they do, no matter how bad.
Cunning image management and shifting of blame.

Intelligent psychopaths use this in their manipulation of others. They typically at first appear charismatic and empathetic, although it is really just an act. In practice they are emotionally shallow and are far less sensitive than others to signs of fear, distress or disgust (and may feel nothing at all around this).

Although they are often manipulative, they can also be impulsive and lacking in self-control. As children, they may have been classed as delinquent and shown significant signs of bed-wetting, animal abuse or fire-starting.

Psychopathy expert Robert Hare, defines psychopaths as:

&#8230;social predators who charm, manipulate and ruthlessly plow their way through life &#8230; Completely lacking in conscience and feeling for others, they selfishly take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret.

Sources include:

Babiak, P. (1995). When Psychopaths go to Work: A Case Study of an Industrial Psychopath, Applied Psychology, 44, 2, 171-188

Babiak, P. and Hare, R.D. (2006). Snakes in Suits When Psychopaths Go To Work, HarperCollins, New York

Cleckly, H. C. (1941). The Mask of Sanity: An Attempt to Reinterpret the So-Called Psychopathic Personality. St. Louis, MO: Mosby

Hare, R.D. (1999). Without Conscience, The Guilford Press

Mullins-Sweatt et al. (2010).The Search for the Successful Psychopath, Journal of Research in Personality, 44, 4, 554-558.

Meffert, H., Gazzola, V., den Boer, J.A., Bartels, A.A.J. and Keysers, C. (2013). Reduced spontaneous but relatively normal deliberate vicarious representations in psychopathy, Brain, 136, 8, 2550-2562

I dont know how i ended up on this thread, but i did, so i havent read any of it. My time is sooooo limited. I apologize but does anyone know the dates RAT lived in Ft walton ? If so i will make the time to check on who went ,missing then. tIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back