NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their attorney even knows they are guilty as hell! Why would he go on national TV and say they have many holes in their story? I would fire my lawyer if he threw me under the bus like that
The lawyer needs to cut that pair loose before his reputation goes downhill. He still has a chance to save himself, if he's smart enough to do it quickly.

Anyone in NC and homeschool? Is it true what she said about not having to turn work in every week, and only having to report at the end of the year for "final grade?"

Not in NC, but I finished 12th grade online just two months ago. How much work you turn in per week depends on the program, but the teachers would get on me if I didn't turn in at least a handful.

They also do a weekly or monthly call to speak to both the student and his/her parents. And, when enrolling, you need to turn in a bunch of documents (immunization records, letter from the county saying you're a certified homeschooling student, grades/transcripts, etc.) They will often have DBAs - discussion-based assessments - where you talk to the teacher in voice for an assignment. Not to mention that homeschoolers will often have a graduation ceremony for elementary, junior high and high school students.

You can't just drop off the map if you're doing online schooling, or even regular homeschooling. I doubt that Florida and North Carolina's homeschooling systems are so different that a 13-year-old would be able to vanish in NC but will be noticed in FL.

EDIT: Unless the Parsons were doing Erica's work in order to make it seem like she was still there and not draw any attention. That's a good possibility.

No one on here knows anything for sure, and we won't until Erica is found.
Respectfully snipped

Hopefully, we won't be just waiting around until Erica is found, because it's not looking very likely. If she was sold to a sex slave ring, after 2 years she could be anywhere in the world. I'm sure that LE is working hard to come up with something at this very moment- checking the computers, talking with neighbors and the school system. Can't wait to hear what their estranged son has to say.

At the very least, these 'parents' are guilty of fraud and neglect of some sort. Legally, you just can't give your children away.

If they were hiding Erica from their son then why don't they just tell the police that? That would be a much more believable story? And why would they want Erica's location to be unknown even to them? They would have been able to put Erica somewhere where James would not know but they could.

Excellent points. Here's a possible explanation: The minute James hears on TV or online that the parents have tried to hide Erica from him, he could go berserk. No telling what he might do. Better to let the police slowly amass evidence under the banner of James' accusation against the parents, until there's enough evidence to prove something one way or the other. Besides, we the public don't know that Casey and Sandy haven't already told the police where Erica is. In cases like this, it is common procedure to withhold extremely important information from the public eye. I've noticed more than once that when I've tried to do armchair sleuthing on high-profile cases, my conclusions can be wrong precisely because a major clue wasn't made public until the whole thing was over. It's hard to put the pieces together when every report you read is so garbled. But it does keep the public occupied in non-income-producing activity. (So why am I here?) :banghead:

Respectfully snipped

Hopefully, we won't be just waiting around until Erica is found, because it's not looking very likely. If she was sold to a sex slave ring, after 2 years she could be anywhere in the world. I'm sure that LE is working hard to come up with something at this very moment- checking the computers, talking with neighbors and the school system. Can't wait to hear what their estranged son has to say.

At the very least, these 'parents' are guilty of fraud and neglect of some sort. Legally, you just can't give your children away.

This is the thing I'm curious about. Their story, *as stated*, even if 100% true, is still criminally actionable, right?

i am horrified by this whole situation - what i don't understand is why no one seemed to notice that this little girl was missing - other members of the family who lived outside the house, neighbors, friends... they must have told this story to other people?

i am horrified by this whole situation - what i don't understand is why no one seemed to notice that this little girl was missing - other members of the family who lived outside the house, neighbors, friends... they must have told this story to other people?

I don't think we've heard quotes from anyone who claims to have known she existed.

Clearly they have lost in the court of public opinion. They are, however, innocent of all crimes as of today, since there is no proof of any foul play. The court of public opinion has convicted them using suspicion and speculation.

Like their attorney said, the story about Nan and company doesn't sound logical, but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Is it likely? Hell no, but it doesn't sound like we are dealing with a normal group of people here.

We do know that the person CP has said she left Erica with is dead, and had died quite a while before said drop off.................

Clearly they have lost in the court of public opinion. They are, however, innocent of all crimes as of today, since there is no proof of any foul play. The court of public opinion has convicted them using suspicion and speculation.

Like their attorney said, the story about Nan and company doesn't sound logical, but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Is it likely? Hell no, but it doesn't sound like we are dealing with a normal group of people here.

IF their story is true, they failed Erica, horribly.
They gave her to a stranger whom they didn't even check out, no background check on this person at all, saying she was "nice" "she had all of our info" without having the proper information to contact/see her at any given time.
They can't even say that they have an address, phone number of where she was supposed to be.
THIS tells me, they did not care at all of the well being of Erica, IF their story is true!
So, at the least, they are guilty of giving her away to a virtual stranger!
Still, They claim she is not missing..... still with Nan.

Unfortunately, this woman is similar to Jodi Arias and "she whose name I will not utter" (from Orlando) in that she lies like a rug - constantly and effortlessly.

The thing I find astounding is that Sandy somehow goes along with all of this. How can there be two such compulsive and accomplished liars bold enough to go on Dr P? They sure have some cojones!
Respectfully snipped

It was obvious that Casey was running the show (story), and Sandy was submissive to her. His body seemed to be bent down a bit with just his eyes kind of peering upwards, like he was afraid that something with the interview would go wrong. He looked scared.

But Casey was that typical sociopath/narcissist who will continue to lie even with the truth staring her in the face. Remember how Casey Anthony walked LE to her pretend office? She got right to the door before she confessed that she hadn't worked there in years. These people think they're smarter than everyone else.

I'm guessing that Sandy will cave under pressure from LE. He'll wind up being more afraid of them than he is of Casey.

you are going on the assumption that anything casey says is true and factual.

and well, little erica is STILL MISSING. if they were soooooooooooooooo worried that brother would hurt little Erica why not speak up NOW and tell law enforcement where she is?! why continue this charade (which is what they are doing) when they have the attention of police and the national media to protect little Erica?! why did casey not show up at the court and allow charges to be dropped against james............if those accusations even happened.

sorry. I don't believe one single word that casey says. she doenst even come off as being anything but deceptive with severe issues.

casey has already been proven to be a L I A R according to police and other family members.

1. I have made no assumptions. I've proposed a different angle for comparison, and to question the current favorite assumptions.

2. Casey has not been proven to be a liar. I'm not saying I believe everything she says. I'm saying there is absolutely no way for me to judge what's going on or to distinguish truth from lie here. I know for a fact that a family member can concoct a lie against someone, and convince other family members that they are the ones who are telling the truth. Because of this, I resist being sucked into believing without question the opinion of a group of family members: they may have all jumped on the bandwagon of one person's lie. Unfortunately, it happens.

ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbtv/New%20Parsons%20Warrants2.pdf

Page 3
Probable Cause Affidavit
August 21, 2013

"That on August 14, 2013 members of the Rowan county Sheriff's Office and Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation executed a search warrant at the residence of Sandy and Casey Parsons at 201 Miller Chapel Road. During this search investigators failed to located any evidence of Erica Parsons still living here or any evidence that her room or personal living area still remained in the home. This applicant found this consistent with the fact that Sandy and Casey Parson knew Erica would not be returning.

Numerous items were collected during this search that included photographs and literature on subjects of child death cases to include JonBenet Ramsey and the South Carolina Susan Smith case.

This applicant participated in interviews with family members of Sandy and Casey Parson and discovered that Sandy and Casey Parsons maintain a storage building on the property of William Steven Parsons at 270 Sutton Road, China Grove. This is Sandy Parsons' father's property, but the building is owned by Sandy and Casey parsons whom are the only people with access to the locked building."

Inventory Siezed:
270 Sutton Road, China Grove, NC 28023
Red Barn / Shed

1 - Video tape
2 - Blue vacuum pieces w/filter, container
3 - Teeth
4 - Hammer
5 - School records for Sandy and Casey Parsons

ACR :seeya:

1. I have made no assumptions. I've proposed a different angle for comparison, and to question the current favorite assumptions.

2. Casey has not been proven to be a liar. I'm not saying I believe everything she says. I'm saying there is absolutely no way for me to judge what's going on or to distinguish truth from lie here. I know for a fact that a family member can concoct a lie against someone, and convince other family members that they are the ones who are telling the truth. Because of this, I resist being sucked into believing without question the opinion of a group of family members: they may have all jumped on the bandwagon of one person's lie. Unfortunately, it happens.

Really?? Have you read all the articles? Seen all the interviews?

Besides, we the public don't know that Casey and Sandy haven't already told the police where Erica is.
Respectfully snipped

There's no way LE would allow Dr Phil to do a two day show begging people to help find Erica, if they knew exactly where she was.

Well said, Esquire.

Excellent points. Here's a possible explanation: The minute James hears on TV or online that the parents have tried to hide Erica from him, he could go berserk. No telling what he might do. Better to let the police slowly amass evidence under the banner of James' accusation against the parents, until there's enough evidence to prove something one way or the other. Besides, we the public don't know that Casey and Sandy haven't already told the police where Erica is. In cases like this, it is common procedure to withhold extremely important information from the public eye. I've noticed more than once that when I've tried to do armchair sleuthing on high-profile cases, my conclusions can be wrong precisely because a major clue wasn't made public until the whole thing was over. It's hard to put the pieces together when every report you read is so garbled. But it does keep the public occupied in non-income-producing activity. (So why am I here?) :banghead:

IMO it is much more likely that LE is suspicious of the parents rather than James. I find it easier to believe that the simplest is true in this case. These parents have lied and continue to lie.

I feel it is much less likely that LE, fearful that a 19 year old kid who may or may NOT have issues will go berserk, are just pretending to suspect these parents of wrongdoing while everyone engages in this farce to keep Erica hidden from her stepbrother.

MOO, if LE thought James was a danger to Erica and the adoptive parents were simply hiding her to protect her, they would simply arrest him or protect her, not engage in this convoluted plot to pretend to investigate CP and SP

Respect your right to your theory, but agreeing to disagree on this case.

There's a vigil planned for Erica on Friday night on Miller Chapel Rd. Not sure where. Maybe near the intersection of Airport Rd. and Miller Chapel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member