NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hi, I am brand new here but very interested in finding out what happened to Erica. I have been reading as a guest for a long time.)

What I really wish I knew more about are the teeth found in the storage unit. I know that it has been covered here that it would not be unusual for a family to keep baby teeth--but in two locations like that? I guess maybe they could belong to another child in the household but it still seems strange to me. I'd like to know what condition they were found in.

Another odd thing for me is that they don't have very many clear photos of Erica and yet they would keep her baby teeth filed away? I feel like the lack of attachment for Erica that especially CP has alluded to through her supposed actions doesn't jive with that. I'm just really worried about something more sinister being tied to those teeth they found in the storage unit.

Has it been said anywhere what BDG's mothers name actually is??? I can't find it.

I believe her name is or was Chloe

There is always a weak link when you include more than one person in an act....IMO I think that the father, SP will be the one to crack....he can't think as fast as CP, which is why I think he stays silent as much as possible. LE needs to keep leaning on him and he will trip up

(Hi, I am brand new here but very interested in finding out what happened to Erica. I have been reading as a guest for a long time.)

What I really wish I knew more about are the teeth found in the storage unit. I know that it has been covered here that it would not be unusual for a family to keep baby teeth--but in two locations like that? I guess maybe they could belong to another child in the household but it still seems strange to me. I'd like to know what condition they were found in.

Another odd thing for me is that they don't have very many clear photos of Erica and yet they would keep her baby teeth filed away? I feel like the lack of attachment for Erica that especially CP has alluded to through her supposed actions doesn't jive with that. I'm just really worried about something more sinister being tied to those teeth they found in the storage unit.

:seeya: Welcome littlemermaid!

:Welcome1::wagon::greetings:

If you are getting money monthly (salary) for housing a child, shouldn't there be some kind of organ that check that their "employees" are doing a decent job?

I was once fired for mistakingly opening a confidential letter for perspectiv's sake!

Get this, Crystal Owensby was raised by Erica's biological Mom! Crystal is older than Erica. She does have a FB. ;) So while the biological Mom didn't keep her own kids, she raised someone else's!!!!!

I don't think we should be quick to judge someone who chooses to be be unselfish and give their child the gift of a better life than they can provide. Erica;'s mother reportedly gave up Erica because she could not afford her. She is reported to have always felt bad (like most mothers who give up children under the same circumstances.) and now she is heartbroken.
If she was able to take care of some other child later in life, o well.

There is always a weak link when you include more than one person in an act....IMO I think that the father, SP will be the one to crack....he can't think as fast as CP, which is why I think he stays silent as much as possible. LE needs to keep leaning on him and he will trip up

I'm waiting to hear if she called him Dad. If she ever gave him a Fathers day card or small gift. What was his favorite memory of Erica. What did she like to eat. What his memories are of Erica in his home. For starters.

If LE knew that Erica was not missing, and then allowed The Dr Phil Show to say that she is, it would be akin to yelling, "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater. And if the show was breaking the law I'm sure LE could get a court order to stop it from airing. Dr Phil isn't above the law and he isn't an idiot, either. You can bet that his extensive staff looked into every detail, including checking with LE. It's just common sense.

Well, she IS missing because she has not been found yet, dead or alive. It has not been proven(to public anyway) that she was in fact murdered or sold or kidnapped. Dr. Phil's show was aired to give case exposure and to help find this child no matter what the circumstances are. LE would not be telling the DR. Phil show that yes she is dead and we just aren't telling anyone yet...

I don't think we should be quick to judge someone who chooses to be be unselfish and give their child the gift of a better life than they can provide. Erica;'s mother reportedly gave up Erica because she could not afford her. She is reported to have always felt bad (like most mothers who give up children under the same circumstances.) and now she is heartbroken.

She may have wanted to take Erica back, but decided not to since Erica had lived with these adoptive parents so long that they may as well been her biological parents, and she didn't want to take her away from them. Many feel it's selfish to take a child back from their adoptive parents. She must've thought that Erica was in good hands, was being cared for, and had such a strong bond with the Parsons that she didn't want to take Erica away from them.

What's so sad is that the biological mom shows 100x more concern and sadness than Sandy and Casey Parsons combined. I search for a lost $10 bill more frantically than these two searched for their own daughter.

I could also see CP throwing him or JP under the bus before he got a chance to crack. Tearfully confessing "He did (fill in atrocity here) to Erica! I wasn't there when it happened but he threatened to (fill in atrocity here) to me if I didn't help him cover up! I WAS TERRIFIED!" *sob!*

I could also see this turning into 2 people pointing the finger at another person. Or 3 people pointing all pointing the finger at each other. JMO.

^^ is reserved for when a defendant is arrested and in court...."innocent until proven guilty." 'tis a court reference, not a reference to the public.

that does not apply for the rest of us......unless one choses to take that stance.

nobody here has rushed to anything. pages and pages of well thought out opinions and crap loads of research has been done. any opinion on what happened is founded in time and research and the evidence that has been presented thus far.

I think that this applies across the board. People are innocent in this country until proven guilty. Otherwise we could just pick people out and slaughter them in the media and online and they would have no recourse but alas they do. When talked about in the media even after arrested they are called the alleged or charged, not the murderer.

I think it helps us all to work from a place of innocent until proven guilty.

I find a lot of this case troubling. I am concerned for Erica and the parents story makes me nervous. I am hoping beyond hope that Erica is alive and well with Nan or whoever but my gut tells me there is more to the story. Much more. Hopefully the current attention will help break something open.

Right now I think the parents are guilty of being neglectful and having bad judgment. We will see what else comes up.

I am curious about the son and why he would call and report such a thing without a body actually being in the back yard to find. It makes me question his motives also.

Your points are all good. Except that LE couldn't "simply arrest" James, because he hasn't done anything wrong ... yet.

If the stepbrother is a threat to Erica I would assume that is backed up by accounts of past threatening or violent behavior (accounts told by Erica) and therefore, LE and the FBI could easily protect Erica from that threat without having to keep her in the Casey and Sandy Parsons version of witness protection program. JMO

Disagreeing with you on this but :Welcome5: to websleuths :)

I guess I'm not understanding or else I missed something........when did the birth mom assist in taking Erica from her adoptive parents?

From Part 1 of the six part interview with the Parsons posted earlier:

Reporter: Who's Nan?

Casey: Nan is- Nan is her name, just like anybody gets called grandma and Nana, hers was Nan. And, that's what Erica called her but her real name was Irene Goodman.

Reporter: And, her relationship with Erica?

Casey: It's her biological grandmother on the fathers side.

Reporter: Have you met this woman before?

Casey: I have been talking to Nan since July of 2011, and the first time I met her face to face was in September of 2011.

Reporter: She came here?

Casey: No, we met at a McDonald's in Mooresville.

Reporter: How did you meet her?

Casey: When we met her in July of 2011, it was her biological mother that had gave her all the information to contact us. And, she knew all of our information. She knew our names. She knew Erica's birthday. All about, of course, Erica's biological Daddy and names, and she knew Carolyn, the biological mother. She knew every- everything.

Ok, so the information that Carolyn "assisted" in delivering Erica to a stranger is based entirely on the word of ... Casey Parsons, who admittedly hates her guts.

Has anyone looked at Carolyn Parsons kids Facebook profiles? I Found that a drew clark is from mooresville...... It's interesting because CP said she met 'nan' in mooresville. How ever I can't Find much more information than what everyone else has found.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It's kind of slick, when you come to think about it. She hated Carolyn Parsons, and I'm sure she'd have liked to pin the disappearance on her. But she couldn't outright claim Erica went to Carolyn, because it was too easily disproven (and Carolyn, you know, exists).

So instead she's tied as many of the details of the story to her as possible.

Forgive if this has been posted already, but it tells how adoptive dad had prior convictions for assaulting adoptive mom and they were still allowed to adopt her? Poor Erica. Something is broken in NC and it's not just the twisted tangled mess trying to pass as family.

Adoptive mom started her own christian school? Huh? And never had to account for the education her students were supposed to be receiving?

Forgive me, but in pics of Erica, her eyes look as dead and lifeless as adoptive mom's. Is adoptive dad more sinister than the country bumpkin he seems to be? jMHO, and all the opinions above are mine only and not to be used as fact.

:scared:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/18/4244194/how-she-coulddisappearand-no-one.html

In NC when you register your homeschool, you have to choose a name for it. I seriously doubt she started a Christian school - that's just the name she chose for her homeschool.

Anyone in NC and homeschool? Is it true what she said about not having to turn work in every week, and only having to report at the end of the year for "final grade?"

I homeschool in NC and no, we don't have to turn in anything weekly. The only thing we have to do is test at the end of the year and keep attendance records. Only 1 year did the state ever contact us to go over our records, and by law we aren't required to meet with them. I did go ahead and meet with them because I had nothing to hide, but it was within my rights as a homeschooler to decline the meeting because of how the law is written. NC doesn't have very tough homeschooling laws at all.

Ummm, it was the same time. Not later in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti