Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about Alexis's purse. It was mentioned in the description but it does not appear that she is carrying it in the one photo. She seems to be carrying something in the other photo, but the car is in the way. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hmm... looks like she has perhaps money in her hand inside the gas station? Can anyone determine what she's holding? It does appear she left her purse in the car which could be a bit strange because unless it was a huge bag or something why wouldn't a girl keep her bag on her. Personally I don't go trusting just anybody with my purse. Are we sure she had one at all?

One of Alexis's final tweets was "burg bound" telling the world just where she was headed. Is there any evidence that RAT used social media? He'd have been able to learn some helpful personal details about her...

That is what I am thinking...

I am wondering why LE is requesting the family from discussing the red sweater if it does not belong to Alexis....

Unless...

It belongs to RAT...

Or....it belongs to ANOTHER missing girl......

Or..... ????

JMO
Imoo there are many reasons LE DOESN't want the sweater discussed, thankfully that doesn't mean we can't speculate. I've enlarged the photo too and Imoo it looks way too heavy to have been worn in August in VA. It also looks way too big for Alexis just imo.
I'm seriously pondering if Alexis is one of a thousand missing persons who will never be found. :(
There are many places a person could be hidden in that area. The woods, streams, wells, septic tanks, abandoned buildings..... I still pray for her to be found.

Imoo there are many reasons LE DOESN't want the sweater discussed, thankfully that doesn't mean we can't speculate. I've enlarged the photo too and Imoo it looks way too heavy to have been worn in August in VA. It also looks way too big for Alexis just imo.
I'm seriously pondering if Alexis is one of a thousand missing persons who will never be found. :(
There are many places a person could be hidden in that area. The woods, streams, wells, septic tanks, abandoned buildings..... I still pray for her to be found.

Man, that sounds so sad.

One of Alexis's final tweets was "burg bound" telling the world just where she was headed. Is there any evidence that RAT used social media? He'd have been able to learn some helpful personal details about her...

Hi, welcome ....:seeya:
We discussed that way back, sorry I don't have any idea which thread though. :blushing:
The general consensus was that most doubted he had a puter....he used a cord to get either water or electricity from his mom's home to his trailer.

Hi, welcome ....:seeya:
We discussed that way back, sorry I don't have any idea which thread though. :blushing:
The general consensus was that most doubted he had a puter....he used a cord to get either water or electricity from his mom's home to his trailer.

hi :wave:
I've been lurking for a while before i joined so I saw mention of it too, I'm not sure which thread either. somehow he doesn't look like the computer type to me.

Hmm... looks like she has perhaps money in her hand inside the gas station? Can anyone determine what she's holding? It does appear she left her purse in the car which could be a bit strange because unless it was a huge bag or something why wouldn't a girl keep her bag on her. Personally I don't go trusting just anybody with my purse. Are we sure she had one at all?

I don't think it's odd not to tote a purse inside a gas station to pay for gas. Generally if you pay cash, you get your money out, pump your gas, then pay. It makes sense to me. I see people all the time walk from the pump to pay without going back in their vehicle...and I don't think I've ever seen any of them holding their purse while they pumped.

Are we sure she had one at all?
FBI says she did.

BTW...WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:)

Something about that V sign after burg bound causes me to raise an eyebrow. I think most people may see it as a peace sign, but I'm not so sure. I think it's the V.

Question: what time did she tweet "burg bound"?
Theory...if it was tweeted earlier she could have gone to l'burg early and then heading back to Lovingston gas station to go to c'ville and get back before curfew. My teenagers don't think economically when it comes to what theirs friends etc are doing for the night. Moo

Theory...if it was tweeted earlier she could have gone to l'burg early and then heading back to Lovingston gas station to go to c'ville and get back before curfew. My teenagers don't think economically when it comes to what theirs friends etc are doing for the night. Moo

It was on August 3rd at 3:04 pm...her last tweet was at 3:40 pm.

Something about that V sign after burg bound causes me to raise an eyebrow. I think most people may see it as a peace sign, but I'm not so sure. I think it's the V.

On my comp it appears to be a peace sign/bunny ears...
It's this: ✌

I guess Grandmother confirmed she may not have left to go to l'burg 4 hrs ish later...
So maybe I'm wrong in my theory?? I just know teenagers pretty much think money and gas grow on trees :) I know mine does! RAT's vehicle was at movies 10 like 2 weeks before she went missing. We noticed his ugly vehicle in parking lot and commented on how much camp was on there :& I'm rambling!

I dont remember if it got cold during that time but I know at some point in August I posted on my FB that I was going to have to dig out my winter clothes. It was in the 30's one morning and Im about an hour from Nelson Co. She does have on a long sleeve shirt and pants.

I guess Grandmother confirmed she may not have left to go to l'burg 4 hrs ish later...
So maybe I'm wrong in my theory?? I just know teenagers pretty much think money and gas grow on trees :) I know mine does! RAT's vehicle was at movies 10 like 2 weeks before she went missing. We noticed his ugly vehicle in parking lot and commented on how much camp was on there :& I'm rambling!

BBM: is Movies 10 where her car was found?

when i first saw the sweater my first reaction was it's not hers.
with LE being so tightlipped i'm hoping this find leads to some resolution for AM's loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Hart