Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's odd not to tote a purse inside a gas station to pay for gas. Generally if you pay cash, you get your money out, pump your gas, then pay. It makes sense to me. I see people all the time walk from the pump to pay without going back in their vehicle...and I don't think I've ever seen any of them holding their purse while they pumped.

FBI says she did.

BTW...WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:)

I agree. Especially for a young woman without credit cards in said purse and only cash to pay for her gas. I mean I'm assuming she couldnt use credit in her name at her age and only paid in cash...

Can someone please tell me again if anything significant was found after those search dogs led LE to the apartment complex by the movie theater? Also were they cadaver dogs or living air scent tracking dogs?

This is the aspect that makes me think there is an accomplice if they were just tracking dogs. If cadaver dogs I would fear her body was initially disposed of in a public dumpster near or within the apartment complex...

Scent was from Alexis' car to some place near the apt complex and ended there. No idea if the dogs were tracking Alexis' scent, RAT's scent, or someone else's scent!

Just spent about an hour trying to find IF Alexis' Grandmother said exact time that Alexis left, and I haven't found anything, and don't remember!!

Scent was from Alexis' car to some place near the apt complex and ended there. No idea if the dogs were tracking Alexis' scent, RAT's scent, or someone else's scent!

Were they cadaver or?

I agree. Especially for a young woman without credit cards in said purse and only cash to pay for her gas. I mean I'm assuming she couldnt use credit in her name at her age and only paid in cash...

Haven't been told if she used cash or not. I do know she COULD have had a checking account with debit card, but we haven't been told if she did or didn't. She could have used a parent's debit/credit card as well. We just don't know. One article had quotes from a McD's employee who stated Alexis DID buy something there that day, but didn't say what. Alexis apparently did like getting coffee there, but otherwise, not sure. :banghead:

Argh it would help sooo much!

The way RAT works, I worry that he would literally dispose of poor Alexis the way he would throw anything away... In a dumpster. We often think that a body in a dumpster would get more attention/noticed before a body in a river of on a rural piece of land, but considering his supposed first victim hasn't been found, the likelihood of remains being in a landfill is high IMO.

I know this is difficult to say but... Could RAT have transported her in the trunk of her own car? Then put her in a dumpster at the complex and then parked the car? perhaps he left his car waiting in the area to get into once he dropped off Alexis's car. I think he planned to abduct someone that day. I wish we knew if he was in contact with anyone that week to give him a ride back to his place after he (IMO and from what some locals saw) left his car at the movie theater...

What's the importance of the case going to Grand Jury first instead of just going to trial? I know I've heard the saying the Grand Jury will indict a sandwich...but I know nothing about legal procedures!

I know this is difficult to say but... Could RAT have transported her in the trunk of her own car? Then put her in a dumpster at the complex and then parked the car? perhaps he left his car waiting in the area to get into once he dropped off Alexis's car. I think he planned to abduct someone that day. I wish we knew if he was in contact with anyone that week to give him a ride back to his place after he (IMO and from what some locals saw) left his car at the movie theater...

So many thoughts on this, but nothing facts based!

If he left his truck there, it would have stood out like a sore thumb, IMO. And he would still need a way to get to the gas station. He HAD been in the area and bought movies, but don't know if he drove there, someone else took him, or how he got there. It was before Alexis disappeared iirc.

If he drove Alexis' car there, he would need a ride back home. Locals that have spoke seemed to think he was a loner...not lots of friends hanging around. He was seen frequently at Liberty gas station, but so were lots of others!

I can't figure out how all this happened unless there is another perp, JMO.

LE does have her car, and haven't said anything about what was or wasn't found inside. Haven't said if the seat was pushed back or anything! They've been very tight lipped about everything! IMO, if a cadavar dog had hit on the car, LE wouldn't be saying she is alive. Though IMO that's giving the family false hope.

Locals, what is this rd that runs behind the gas station toward RAT's place?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378217861.188098.jpg

If he left his truck there, it would have stood out like a sore thumb, IMO. And he would still need a way to get to the gas station. He HAD been in the area and bought movies, but don't know if he drove there, someone else took him, or how he got there. It was before Alexis disappeared iirc.

If he drove Alexis' car there, he would need a ride back home. Locals that have spoke seemed to think he was a loner...not lots of friends hanging around. He was seen frequently at Liberty gas station, but so were lots of others!

But a local above just stated seeing his truck in that parking lot...

I'm
Not saying he would need a ride home AFTER he dropped off Alexis, but before. Maybe wouldnt even need a ride if he could take a bus back...

I think he left his car there at the theater BEFORE and abducted Alexis in her own car at the gas station. Jmoo.

If not then he simply must have followed/stalked her in his own car all the way up to Cville which I don't find very likely.

I think he planned this before it happened.

And excuse me but my theory is based off the facts at hand.

If you want to go off of facts only, no other accomplice has been named so that is a mute point.

Yeah he bought the movies at 5pm and then was at the Liberty when Alexis was at 7pm.

I saw a police interview this weekend that basically called him a loner.

But a local above just stated seeing his truck in that parking lot...

I'm
Not saying he would need a ride home AFTER he dropped off Alexis, but before. Maybe wouldnt even need a ride if he could take a bus back...

I think he left his car there BEFORE and abducted Alexis in her own car at the gas station. Jmoo.

we covered the bus idea in the beginning. There isnt a bus that goes near his house.

The local seeing his truck in that parking lot a few weeks earlier is interesting though. It means he was familiar with it!

I guess Grandmother confirmed she may not have left to go to l'burg 4 hrs ish later...
So maybe I'm wrong in my theory?? I just know teenagers pretty much think money and gas grow on trees :) I know mine does! RAT's vehicle was at movies 10 like 2 weeks before she went missing. We noticed his ugly vehicle in parking lot and commented on how much camp was on there :& I'm rambling!

^^^ this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member