MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anyone needs anecdotal stories, but I worked at a lot of ski resorts, with a lot of people who drank copious amounts of alcohol and did numerous drugs. No one ever died at a party, crashing drunk was common, but not three people at once, outside. Usually someone was sober enough to drag anyone else inside. And, in general, extreme cold has a way of sobering people up...

And if the homeowner went to bed before everyone left, the door was probably unlocked. So...they could have been able to get back in and crash out on the sofa.

Something else happened here, otherwise you would hear about this all of the time...
Emphasis mine.
That's an interesting concept, thanks for sharing !
Hmm.

Any aluminum cans wouldn't have been set out for pickup yet, even if they were in the recycle bin. I looked up trash and recycling for KCMO, and collection day for the area is Thursday (trash and recycling is all the same day).

What? This happened nearly a month ago.

I think the men must have went outside to smoke. I did my fair share of cocaine in the 80’s, heroin in the 70’s and an opiate addiction from multiple back surgeries four years ago. Pls don’t judge. I’m telling y’all to let you know I know what it feels like when a powerful drug first hits you. One of the first things so many of us addicts want to do is light up a cigarette but when you do, it’s more than one can sometimes handle. Just that one cigarette could sometimes turn a good time into a bad one. It can cause dizziness, fainting, involuntary shaking and nausea. From reading everyone’s comments, that’s my best guess. I haven’t read anything about a drug being injected but if the men did, they would have an injection mark visible on their arms.

Not that anyone needs anecdotal stories, but I worked at a lot of ski resorts, with a lot of people who drank copious amounts of alcohol and did numerous drugs. No one ever died at a party, crashing drunk was common, but not three people at once, outside. Usually someone was sober enough to drag anyone else inside. And, in general, extreme cold has a way of sobering people up...

And if the homeowner went to bed before everyone left, the door was probably unlocked. So...they could have been able to get back in and crash out on the sofa.

Something else happened here, otherwise you would hear about this all of the time...

I've been posting stats (it happens about 1300 times a year that people - mostly adults - die outdoors of cold). It's obvious that most of these we never hear about (here in L.A. we do hear about the local deaths - usually on Mt Baldy and around this time of year, sometimes not found until the Spring thaw). But we rarely hear about all of these deaths. This case has grown legs through NewsNation and close Daily Mail coverage. The Chiefs, by themselves, are big news right now.

It is odd that it's three people at once, as well (drawing people like me, I can't look away).

OTOH, we have groups of men dying every weekend here in California (or at least 3 out of 4 recent weekends) and it looks like LE think fentanyl or other opiates are responsible.

So, statistically, I think it's either a drug (perhaps unwittingly taken) or alcohol + cold.

Speculation, just like everyone else's. But I do know I don't hear about 1300 hypothermia deaths per year in the US - and that's what the CDC reported (for 2022 I believe).

Hmmm....let's wait for the toxicology report first....it's only the beginning of this case

I figiure they already know ultimate CoD and ToD as well. The toxicology report may provide the overall engine that drove these events, but I'm guessing the brain and heart autopsy already shows some relationship to hypothermia.

Alcohol dilates blood vessels and speeds up hypothermia dramatically. It does not warm anyone up - it makes their body less able to retain heat, while the sensation of warmth is produced by the substance itself.

IMO.

Missouri has legal weed dispensaries so I rule out a laced joint. Neighbors would have reported if Hazmat teams had shown up had there been any sort of lab in the house. Many people do coke recreationally and I can easily see these guys doing some with their beer while watching the game but the watching jeopardy doesn’t fit. These guys would have been talking and laughing. My money is on fentanyl. Coming to a city near you for your family and friends. Heartbreaking.

Good lord that’s a lot of beer they brought in. Between that and possible other drugs, bad or not, it’s pretty easy for me to see how 3 people could have passed out outside and succumbed to the weather, and 1 passed out inside and lived. There’s a lot of fantastical speculation in this case, and IMO it doesn’t require an extreme scenario to explain things. Murder? NO. Illicit drug labs by a data scientist? NO. IMO somebody got ahold of some bad drugs and 3 out of the 5 guys there died. It’s so sad but it happens all the time. It’s also possible just a ton of booze and freezing temps, but I still think a drug as well. JW’s behavior afterward was certainly suspicious, but I still think it was due to drugs being involved and just CYA, nothing more.

Wow, they were thirsty- that is 10+ liters of "water". That actually could have killed one of them without the alcohol.

Remains to be seen if there are 60 empty cans in the house somewhere.

Police would be interested in evidence of a crime and wouldn't necessarily open up a wallet in a random backpack if that backpack, hypothetically, didn't contain any other evidence of a crime; like drugs or drug paraphernalia.
60 beers between 5 people is 12 each. The game started at 3:25, and they were supposedly still alive at midnight. That's nearly 9 hours. If someone drinks even somewhat regularly, they aren't likely showing signs of intoxication from 1.3 beers and hour.

Emphasis mine.
That's an interesting concept, thanks for sharing !
Hmm.
That's actually a myth. I posted links to studies and cases in here earlier in the thread.

Myth #2: Sober up quickly with coffee or a cold shower​

Does taking a cold shower sober you up? This is a dangerous myth surrounding alcohol: that drinking a cup of coffee or taking a cold shower or really anything else will sober someone up enough to allow them to safely drive home that night.

This is unequivocally not true. Drinking coffee after drinking alcohol might make you feel more awake, but it has no effect on how quickly your body processes and/or eliminates alcohol from the bloodstream. A cold shower after drinking has the same nonexistent effect. It may shock your body and make you feel more awake, but your intoxication level and resulting impairment (e.g. slow reaction times, blurred vision, reduced coordination, poor judgement, etc.) will remain the same.

In short, you’ll just feel more awake — or wet — and either way, still drunk.

Good lord that’s a lot of beer they brought in. Between that and possible other drugs, bad or not, it’s pretty easy for me to see how 3 people could have passed out outside and succumbed to the weather, and 1 passed out inside and lived. There’s a lot of fantastical speculation in this case, and IMO it doesn’t require an extreme scenario to explain things. Murder? NO. Illicit drug labs by a data scientist? NO. IMO somebody got ahold of some bad drugs and 3 out of the 5 guys there died. It’s so sad but it happens all the time. It’s also possible just a ton of booze and freezing temps, but I still think a drug as well. JW’s behavior afterward was certainly suspicious, but I still think it was due to drugs being involved and just CYA, nothing more.
12 beers per person, over a span of at least 9 hours? That isn't unheard of, and if they do this every weekend, like many sports fans do, I wouldn't expect them to even appear intoxicated.

The cousin is talking mysteriously but not elaborating, just throwing out accusations without any supporting evidence other than rumours. So Clayton has the pharmacology knowledge and credentials, yet JW is the Chemist making concoctions for people. Who says it wasn't Clayton making the concoctions since he studied the field. IMO.
He was a pharmacy technician. They know more than most average people, but some of what they know is calling insurance companies and using the computer. I don't know if you could say he "studied in the field" based in him being a pharmacy technician. They help a pharmacist fill orders made by doctors. If there are any serious questions, they have to ask the pharmacist.

60 beers between 5 people is 12 each. The game started at 3:25, and they were supposedly still alive at midnight. That's nearly 9 hours. If someone drinks even somewhat regularly, they aren't likely showing signs of intoxication from 1.3 beers and hour.
No they didn’t even get to JW’s house until after the game was over. They watched the game elsewhere and who knows if they were drinking there too.

but the watching jeopardy doesn’t fit
JW on the sofa, he's partied out. He switch's TV on Jeopardy. This was a clue the party was winding down. He thinks they all head out. Moo

I have a not so subtle friend. When he host, he turns the music down at exact 9:40. At 9:45 he turns on more lights. At 9:50 he's thanking everyone for coming. It's amazing how he rounds everyone up and out. He's quirky, but a friend no less.
Moo

The three friends (according to family statements in MSM) watched the game elsewhere and arrived at JW's house just after the game ended (at about 6:35 CST). The fifth person arrives somewhat later and leaves at midnight (saying that the other four are watching Jeopardy).

So it's more like 5.5 hours of drinking from 6:30 to midnight. JW says he went to sleep at 2 AM and the three friends were just leaving (perhaps they went outdoors for a smoke and to sober up, no one knows what happened next). If the four of them were drinking until 2 am, that gives 7.5 hours for them to drink about 12-15 beers (certainly can and does inebriation). There's also no evidence on what forms of alcohol were already in the house (I predict there was more alcohol than just those beers).

IMO.

I lost my young brother to a cocaine overdose in the 90’s. The coroner said the coke was so pure, his brain was instantly damaged. He actually said the blood vessels in his brain exploded. His girlfriend witnessed it and said he immediately fell over after taking the drug. He had been a user for awhile, so even though he had a tolerance, the coke was just not cut down enough. Fentanyl is so much stronger, I can’t imagine how quick it must act.

I'm sure they didn't just start drinking when they arrived at JW's. Since it's never been disclosed where they were before they arrived, they could have been at a bar, their own homes, or someone else's. Watching a game is party time for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow