MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

I do recall that Abby's brother issued a statement to the media after she went missing thanking L/E and her firends for searching for her. I don't recall her husband making any statements to the public in regards to Abby's disappearance. I could be wrong on this and maybe there is nothing wrong with this maybe he contacted LE and friends privately.

I do recall that Abby's brother issued a statement to the media after she went missing thanking L/E and her firends for searching for her. I don't recall her husband making any statements to the public in regards to Abby's disappearance. I could be wrong on this and maybe there is nothing wrong with this maybe he contacted LE and friends privately.
IIRC when Abby went missing, Abby's brother flew in from Bermuda and her husband flew in from Texas. But yes the brother made the statements and I also do not recall any statements from the husband. Their primary residence was in Texas where he still worked as a doctor and Abby had chosen to spend more time back "home" in New England - specifcally at their Gloucester home. Irrc also her kids were all NY or New England based.

Nothing about this case, and admittedly there has been scant information, has ever convinced me that she fell when out walking along that afternoon in Brace Cove and slipped into the water. It continues to feel strange to me that no one has ever truly advocated for her, at least nobody that I know of.

JMO

I walk at Brace Cove every once in a while and look at the rocks on each side of the beach. I still find it hard to believe she would've been walking on the rocks close enough to the water to have fallen in, even if she somehow was knocked unconscious.

I walk at Brace Cove every once in a while and look at the rocks on each side of the beach. I still find it hard to believe she would've been walking on the rocks close enough to the water to have fallen in, even if she somehow was knocked unconscious.
I don't for a second believe she went in to the water while on her walk. They did a massive water search initially ( I believe Coast Guard or something was closeby training so they were able to mobilize quickly etc).
The dogs brought in iirc lost her scent at the end of the driveway. She may have gotten into a car/van or whatever - and I don't believe willingly.

That time of year there are plenty of work vans with out of state plates and workers working on lovely second homes of the non full time residents. Even on a superbowl Sunday. I drove the area shortly after this occurred. Stayed a while eating a take out lunch just parked observing - I know the area fairly well. Lots of white old work vans and similar driving by. Lots of vacant houses waiting for the summer season to roll around again or maybe they get used at the holidays and some weekends. A smattering of full timers.

I just don't believe she walked into or fell into the water. I don't think we will ever know though. She could have been taken back to one of those vacant houses a worker was remodeling and been there unwillingly for days.
I feel that the default was the usual... oh its a 50 -60ish post menopausal empty nest woman who does not want to
live - no further investigation needed.

Bless you Abby where ever you are. We would have been friends, I am sure of it, if we came across one another out and about.

JMO

I don't for a second believe she went in to the water while on her walk. They did a massive water search initially ( I believe Coast Guard or something was closeby training so they were able to mobilize quickly etc).
The dogs brought in iirc lost her scent at the end of the driveway. She may have gotten into a car/van or whatever - and I don't believe willingly.

That time of year there are plenty of work vans with out of state plates and workers working on lovely second homes of the non full time residents. Even on a superbowl Sunday. I drove the area shortly after this occurred. Stayed a while eating a take out lunch just parked observing - I know the area fairly well. Lots of white old work vans and similar driving by. Lots of vacant houses waiting for the summer season to roll around again or maybe they get used at the holidays and some weekends. A smattering of full timers.

I just don't believe she walked into or fell into the water. I don't think we will ever know though. She could have been taken back to one of those vacant houses a worker was remodeling and been there unwillingly for days.
I feel that the default was the usual... oh its a 50 -60ish post menopausal empty nest woman who does not want to
live - no further investigation needed.

Bless you Abby where ever you are. We would have been friends, I am sure of it, if we came across one another out and about.

JMO
I'm not familiar with the paths in front of the retreat house. Did anyone ever mention whether she was the type of person who enjoyed getting close to nature in a risky way, as in getting a thrill from being close to big waves? Was she ever know to have gone out on the rocks? If neither of these are likely, then I'm inclined to agree, especially since the dogs lost the scent so quickly. It would be interesting someday to get a real inside view of what the investigation entailed. Let's keep this case alive for her and her family's sake.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back