Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an early evening update, Cummings informed reporters that deputies were leaving the search area but will resume at daybreak the following morning Saturday. In the meantime, the DPS warned the public not to descend upon the area as to not the disturb the scene. Deputies are expected to secure the perimeter.

Cummings earlier described the situation as an "all-hands-on-deck investigation." The FBI is assisting the Texas Rangers, the Polk County and San Jacinto County sheriff's offices.

DPS refused to give any further specifics about how Audrii may have vanished. They are talking with persons of interest. Audrii's family is said to be fully cooperating with authorities.

"The focus right now is on bringing Audrii home," Lt. Cummings said.

In the pressor, TDPS Officer said they are bringing divers in tomorrow morning. They must have some kind of indication she may be in the water :(

This is mind boggling. We live in the UK, and we receive a call within about the first 30 minutes of the day here. My 11 year old was out sick a few weeks ago, but the school office didn’t check email after attendance was taken (at 9am), so they didn’t know she was absent due to illness, so I got a call about 9:20am.

When my youngest was in preschool, I forgot to tell them we were going away for a family wedding, so they thought we just didn’t turn up (and obviously, I didn’t call). They called me about 3 times in the first hour, which I missed as we were traveling, I finally picked up the fourth time and they were so glad to have got me as they were about to send a staff member out to do a home visit to check we were okay.
Totally agree! We also are notified within 30 minutes of school starting, in VA. Waiting until the end of the day to tell parents their child never made it to school is unacceptable. Something needs to change in TX.

IF Audrii is in the river, and she is not found by divers tomorrow, she may surface soon.......:(
Are there currents there, or is it mostly a marina?
This is a slight concern for me. I’ve heard of them that far north. A small concern but still possibility. (There are reported alligators in Lake Livingston).

TRANSCRIPTION OF 2ND PRESS CONFERENCE

17TH FEBRUARY

LIEUTENANT
- I wanted to provide some investigative updates, at this point, right now. My name is Lieutenant Craig Cummings, spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety and speaking on behalf of the Polk County Sheriff at his request.

The location that we're at right now is a location of interest. In a little while you're going to see investigators leaving this scene. We will be back tomorrow, we will have deputies here to protect this location and the investigative efforts that have been uncovered, up to this point. We are asking the public to stay away from this area and then tomorrow, we're going to have additional resources that will be on hand to help find Audrii and I want to reiterate that we are committed to bringing Audrii home, that's the reason why you see the collaborative effort here right now, all of these law enforcement agencies to include the FBI, that have been assisting with this, and we're asking the public to report any tips that they think will help us bring Audrii home, to the Polk County Sheriff's Office or through our iWatch Texas app. and that can be done, anonymously, from your phone.

REPORTER - You mentioned some of (inaudible)

LIEUTENANT - We're protecting the investigative efforts. So, this is an ongoing investigation and so the investigators are doing an exceptionally good job at gathering information, and so that's what we're going to be protecting as they continue their work.

REPORTER - (inaudible)

LIEUTENANT - Yeah, we don't want to go any farther than the investigative tools that we're using right now and then investigative leads that they've uncovered. This is a very fluid and active investigation, with the sole focus of bringing Audrii home.

REPORTER - Are you able to confirm who Audrii was last seen with?

LIEUTENANT - We're not releasing that information now. Investigators are working on multiple ways that they are looking at that type of information, but right now, we're not we're not releasing it.

REPORTER - Is there any evidence that you've found that's key that says you're in the right location?

LIEUTENANT - This is a location of interest and so we are... that's the reason why we've got the air crew, that's why we have the dogs here, that's the reason why the boats have been here. All of this in an effort to find Audrii and our prayers are certainly, tonight and then tomorrow morning, and we ask for the public as well that Audrii is brought home safe.

REPORTER - Are you all (inaudible) or is it just this spot? Are you also interviewing other people and searching other areas?

LIEUTENANT - Yes, we have persons of interest in this case and we have been at other locations. This is a location of interest where we're putting our investigative efforts right now.

REPORTER - The FBI told me that the child abduction rapid deployment was requested in this case, can you explain what prompted that request?

LIEUTENANT - That would be a question for the FBI.

REPORTER - They said that that request came from local law enforcement.

LIEUTENANT - Okay, and that is a typical thing that will happen. All the available resources that we can bring out here to help this. The FBI has a tremendous asset that they bring to the table and we're very appreciative of all of their efforts, so this is just one more tool that investigators are using to find Audrii.

REPORTER - So is it the belief that she was abducted?

LIEUTENANT - I know that that term implies that; we're not drawing any conclusions right now, we still have a lot of information that we are going through and so there's a lot of leads the investigators are following now.

REPORTER - And how many persons of interest are there?

LIEUTENANT - We're not releasing that information.

REPORTER - We see the DA's office here also, is there a reason for that? or, could there potentially be charges coming?

LIEUTENANT - Well, we don't know, but I can say that the DA is here, the Sheriff's are here, because this is a collaborative effort. The DA brings a very particular set of skills that's essential for us, as investigators, to get the job done, so we're appreciative of her being here, working with us, so that we can make sure that all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed in this investigation.

REPORTER - Is there a reason searches are not being continued throughout the night?

LIEUTENANT - It's just due to the dark, so it's dark, we're not going to put boats in the water but this also gives us an opportunity to regroup and then look at the information that we've got, throughout the night, and then come back out tomorrow.

REPORTER - But if she's out here, she's dealing with those conditions as well, with the darkness, the cold water...

LIEUTENANT - Right, right, yeah. We're just not going any farther than that right now and so we are asking the public to stay away from the area, but that's as far as we can go there.

REPORTER - Can you confirm that the drones in the air - are those law enforcement drones and are there divers here on site as well?

LIEUTENANT - Yeah, there are law enforcement drones that have been here. We are bringing in divers, as well. Again, this is all in effort to uncover additional leads that will help bring Audrii home.

REPORTER - (inaudible)

LIEUTENANT - Yeah, now that's great. We don't want to give away any areas, but if people would review their cameras, if they decide something suspicious that they think would warrant the help of investigators or a review by our investigators, by all means, please call the Polk County Sheriff's Office and if it's an emergency call 911 so that we can evaluate that information. That's a great question.

REPORTER - Is there a reason for kind of a lack of information here? I think a lot of our viewers, people who are watching, are wondering why we don't know why we're in this location, why we really just don't have a lot of details, if you're asking for the public's help it seems like more information would be helpful.

LIEUTENANT - Yeah, well, unfortunately, right now, there just isn't more information that we can give. Like I explained in the press conference earlier, we're trying to protect the integrity of this investigation and that's the reason why, and I can understand the public's concern that we're not giving out a lot of information, but the end here is to find Audrii and bring her home, and so that's what we're focused on right now. So, there's additional information out there, we're just not releasing it, that's what the investigators are using to follow up on.

REPORTER - Have you guys found a backpack (I think that's what he asks)

LIEUTENANT - That's additional information that we're not releasing right now, but again we continue with investigative leads and following these things. I know that there are a lot of questions that remain unanswered. We are absolutely searching to get this information so that we can get it to you and get it to the public, but our first priority has to be this investigation right now, that's the reason why we're here. And that's the reason why we'll be back here early tomorrow morning in hopes that we find Audrii, soon.

REPORTER - What time is the search tomorrow?

LIEUTENANT - We haven't decided on a time, it's probably going to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of daybreak.

REPORTER - Is the family still being cooperative like you said a few hours ago?

LIEUTENANT - Yes, family's being cooperative, and we certainly appreciate them and we appreciate the community as well. Everyone has been exceptionally helpful in the efforts out here, so we appreciate that.

With that, we're going to close it down. You'll see some investigators leaving here shortly but they'll be back tomorrow morning. So with that, I appreciate everybody. Thank you.

This is the part of that presser I find most concerning and disheartening..

LIEUTENANT - It's just due to the dark, so it's dark, we're not going to put boats in the water but this also gives us an opportunity to regroup and then look at the information that we've got, throughout the night, and then come back out tomorrow.

REPORTER - But if she's out here, she's dealing with those conditions as well, with the darkness, the cold water...

LIEUTENANT - Right, right, yeah. We're just not going any farther than that right now and so we are asking the public to stay away from the area, but that's as far as we can go there.

Yup, they're making it abundantly clear that they are looking for a body. They've done it in other ways too, but this is most obvious.

Thank you for your transcription as always!

Such a vague presser, as usual. If they feel she’s alive in that area, I’d hope they’d have heat seeking drones and devices continuing to search for her during the overnight hours. It doesn’t sound hopeful unless they feel perhaps she was abducted and is in someone’s boat or camp or home?

I guess that about says it all :(

That's exactly what stood out to me as well. It was like he was admitting that the cold and dark would not be bothering the child at this point. :(

LIVINGSTON, Texas – The mother of 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham, whose disappearance Thursday prompted the issuance of an Amber Alert, shared what she knew about the search for her daughter Friday.

“We would like to have her come home, it’s not like her to just run off or disappear, she has a lot of loving family, she has so many people that love her and adore her,” said Cassie Matthews.

She said they originally started the search behind Audrii’s home, where she lives with her father, but that hasn’t been verified by law enforcement.

“Search began in the wood line behind her home because it leads to the state park, now she is known to like to explore the woods, she likes to look at the little animals,” Matthews said.

LIVINGSTON, Texas – The mother of 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham, whose disappearance Thursday prompted the issuance of an Amber Alert, shared what she knew about the search for her daughter Friday.

“We would like to have her come home, it’s not like her to just run off or disappear, she has a lot of loving family, she has so many people that love her and adore her,” said Cassie Matthews.

She said they originally started the search behind Audrii’s home, where she lives with her father, but that hasn’t been verified by law enforcement.

“Search began in the wood line behind her home because it leads to the state park, now she is known to like to explore the woods, she likes to look at the little animals,” Matthews said.

Mother and father don't live together?

I wondered why the father would have a roommate (the guy Don who supposedly drove Audrii t the bus stop) since I assumed the parents and the daughter all lived together.

Did parents share custody? Or did Audrii live with dad permanently ?

Probably has no bearing on anything.....
though....you have the fact that a man of no relation was living in the house with an 11 year old girl. I dunno....
was mom ok with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member