NY - human body parts found near a popular park in Babylon, Long Island, 28 Feb 24.

really? I thought they usually just shoot each other and let the bodies lay where they fall
I fear a serial killer ...
Gangs like MS13 get pretty grisly. They are well known to mutilate, dismember, and even set victims on fire. They're not your average "drive-by" type gang, they are very brutal to send a "message".

rbbm
It is believed that the female body parts are that of an adult woman.''
''At a Friday morning press conference, detectives said the condition of the remains suggests they had not been in the park long - maybe a few days or even hours.''

''The ages of the victims are unknown, but investigators said they were adults.
Police say the male arms have tattoos on them, so they are searching through databases for a possible match''.
'They do believe a car may have been involved in dumping the remains.'
"We've had issues in the past of finding bodies or a body but to see this happening now twice is shocking," Babylon resident Joanna Higgins said.

Higgins lives a few blocks away and remembers back in 2018, when human remains were discovered by an arena near Ralph and North Railroad Avenue. It turned out to be a gang related murder.''

Amazing development. Wonder what's behind it, don't you? Wonder if there are significant similarities to other Long Island body parts? Also wonder IF this is same guy from earlier LISK killings, also parts found on Long Island Parkway near Gilgo Four, who doesn't want RH getting credit for one of his kills? I suggest taking cadaver dogs back to Ocean Parkway, just in case he's deposited something there to confirm the connection . . . It'll be interesting to watch this develop.

Multiple serial killer dumping ground? or a general dumping ground?

I think this could be anything. I'm leaning towards gang and/or drug trade related violence (as others have pointed out, there are many gangs particularly more grisly) or perhaps a budding serial killer. Aside from a weak attempt at ID removal (fingerprints) they didn't make a great effort to conceal the remains.

That's "sort of" been the question about Ocean Parkway for more than a decade now, hasn't it? The Gilgo 4 were similar enough to always be a group while the others have been questioned.

After Rex Heuermann was charged with Maureen Brainard Barnes's death, I looked at the differences between her and the other 3 GB4 and concluded it was part of RH fancying himself a "troubleshooter" and a "solver of problems" which might account for the change in MO from dismemberment to whole remains disposal as his needs to hide victims' identity (internet hookup instead of street), and acquisition of the Avalanche for better concealment during transport of remains, etc. plus perhaps he was injured in one of those accidents and physically could not do as much work as before.

Besides, with all the remains discovered along Ocean Parkway, RH who worked there in his youth and was very familiar with the desolation, could easily drive through and keep an eye on things, basking in his remembrances. However, maybe other killers were attracted to the area for the same reasons and not all the remains discovered "belong" to RH.

However, with these two new sets of limbs . . . . male and female -- different from before. So possibly new killer(s). Why near two schools. I get it's a "park" or government-owned and operated property as were the earlier LISK remains. Could this possibly be a new kill from a killer from 20 years+ ago who doesn't want RH to receive credit for his own body count? Or as mentioned above --- completely unrelated to earlier murders?

Last edited:
they had not been in the park long - maybe a few days or even hours.''
If it was a few days or even hours The killer prob just put the body parts around but if that’s true most likely whoever did that killed both of them and It had to be related to some type of fight or something But that also they could put some other body parts around the place really do feel sorry for that little girl for having to see that.

Well, it's a fact that there are multiple known, convicted serial killers who were operating on Long Island in recent memory. That isn't in dispute.

How many unknown serial killers, and which victims they were responsible for out of the rest is up for debate. As is whether victims whose killers have not been identified (or whose bodies have not been found) are actually victims of known or unknown serial killers.

Are all the murder victims on Long Island the victims of serial killers? Of course not. But it seems to be a place people choose to dispose of murder victims, probably in large part because of the history of the area as a hot spot for serial killer activity (in particular the disposal of victims, especially ones who have been dismembered).

MOO

considering they removed fingertips, I'm surprised they didn't mutilate the tattoo beyond recognition
We’ve been talking about this in our crime analysis class and our professor said it’s becoming more and more common for finger tips to be removed. Not necessarily to hinder identification but because of the possible dna that can be found under the finger nails.

We’ve been talking about this in our crime analysis class and our professor said it’s becoming more and more common for finger tips to be removed. Not necessarily to hinder identification but because of the possible dna that can be found under the finger nails.
Welcome to Ws @Sleuthin_NY!
True, maybe somebody is walking around town with scratches,.. speculation.

omg I hadn't even thought of that!
unreal
welcome to WS!

Last edited:
That's "sort of" been the question about Ocean Parkway for more than a decade now, hasn't it? The Gilgo 4 were similar enough to always be a group while the others have been questioned.

After Rex Heuermann was charged with Maureen Brainard Barnes's death, I looked at the differences between her and the other 3 GB4 and concluded it was part of RH fancying himself a "troubleshooter" and a "solver of problems" which might account for the change in MO from dismemberment to whole remains disposal as his needs to hide victims' identity (internet hookup instead of street), and acquisition of the Avalanche for better concealment during transport of remains, etc. plus perhaps he was injured in one of those accidents and physically could not do as much work as before.

Besides, with all the remains discovered along Ocean Parkway, RH who worked there in his youth and was very familiar with the desolation, could easily drive through and keep an eye on things, basking in his remembrances. However, maybe other killers were attracted to the area for the same reasons and not all the remains discovered "belong" to RH.

However, with these two new sets of limbs . . . . male and female -- different from before. So possibly new killer(s). Why near two schools. I get it's a "park" or government-owned and operated property as were the earlier LISK remains. Could this possibly be a new kill from a killer from 20 years+ ago who doesn't want RH to receive credit for his own body count? Or as mentioned above --- completely unrelated to earlier murders?

he had accidents?

I hadn't thought about that. However it does not prevent the victim from ultimately being identified at some point, and nails aren't the only way a killer's DNA would wind up on the victim.

I hadn't thought about that. However it does not prevent the victim from ultimately being identified at some point, and nails aren't the only way a killer's DNA would wind up on the victim.
FWIW IMO cutting off fingertips could prob take as much time as cleaning them would. Or other methods. JMO.

he had accidents?
Car accidents. And from what I'm remembering, he was quick to sue. One I found particularly interesting was a shoulder injury, followed by surgery. I believe that was in the neighborhood of 2005. Knowing how slowly shoulder injuries heal and how painful they are, I've wondered if perhaps that influenced some of the changes in his MO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back