Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there mine shafts out near Scotsburn?, if so I'd be checking them out.
Anywhere that was mined for gold in the nineteenth century in this country is honeycombed with countless known, unknown, obvious, hidden, drives and shafts. They just are. (I lived, not in Ballarat, but in a region heavily mined for gold at that time in NSW. You never left the track while walking. Ever. If you were in an area you knew had had shafts dug. That's an unpleasant way to die with no one around to hear you.)

MOO

I think there will be a few people in Scottsburn, probably young girls , who will come forward with some chilling tales of 'incidents' with this young man that were so hideous and so outrageous they could never speak of it before. Maybe even a few young men, as well

The thing is, would you believe whatever reason he gave as to why? .. Thank god the law does not require a why, but realistically, any story he tells will be highly motivate by a desire to garner sympathy and credibility. Clearly , he is comfortable with being a killer, he's managed to live in his community for a month, without giving himself away. No doubt, joining in conversations about the 'mystery', as well.

She was a stranger to him. Who kills strangers? ..

Probably joined in the search as well ! Cretin

I can't stop thinking what poor Sam had to endure

At the press it was stated the suspect is not known to LE right? Am I getting that right?
NO …. Comm Patton was asked a question about that and his criminal history at the Press Conference and he would not comment or give any further information …..
(So most likely a “yes” …. IMO )

She was a stranger to him. Who kills strangers? ..
The lawyer said he doesn’t have drug issues. I assume he might have behavioural issues or other unknown issues. Something is going on in his brain.

We need some more information around the Male and his personality. Something isn’t right here. I would assume there would be considerable behavioural issues here.

Are there mine shafts out near Scotsburn?, if so I'd be checking them out.
IMO, in a crime like this, the perp would have planned in advance exactly where he'd dispose of the victim's remains. That is partly what reveals that the murder was deliberate, and not a coverup of an accident.

IMO, finding, or having, a 'perfect place to hide a body', sometimes seems to be what emboldens an otherwise cautious person to go ahead with the crime.

ETA It's possible a former friend or companion will recall that he had an obsession with certain kinds of placed - like mine shafts, etc.
JMO

Last edited:
IMO, in a crime like this, the perp would have planned in advance exactly where he'd dispose of the victim's remains. That is partly what reveals that the murder was deliberate, and not a coverup of an accident.

IMO, finding, or having, a 'perfect place to hide a body', sometimes seems to be what emboldens an otherwise cautious person to go ahead with the crime.

JMO
Comm was very firm on the ‘intentional’ act. Unknown if that was intentional with prior planning, or intentional opportunistic act whilst he was in the same place with her by chance.

The man who is 22 years old and from Scotsburn, just South of Ballarat is believed to have been in attendance of the music festival near Mount Clear on the day Samantha went missing.

I wonder if they know he was on foot and that was why they stated it was not a hit and run and then able to state it as a deliberate act.

He has possibly then went back with a car.

He would have had to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member