Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I wonder if the police would be putting an undercover in a cell with the accused to try gain his trust and find out where the victims body is , or if by saying that you have mental health concerns about the accused , the defence has managed to keep the accused away from main stream prisoners and on his own to prevent anything like that happening ?
More then likely he will be put on suicide watch and kept isolated
Im not sure how they can say there was no threat to anyone else before he was apprehended. Samantha's murder appears to be a random attack. How can police be sure that he would do it again. Terrible to think that he could have attacked another woman because people were comfortable going running in the area again.
Because they had no reason to believe he would attack again especially if as suspected by some here he was under surveillance. It would have only caused panic, gossip and finger pointing at innocent people

Will be interesting to see if there can be a link found, or conclusively ruled out. Based on her Instagram statement she’s saying there’s “enough to draw a link” and mentions the date of SM disappearance (and alleged murder) being the anniversary of her attack. Not sure if that’s the link she’s speaking of or not. If it is - was this something the accused planned to do once every year? If not linked, hopefully police step up activity in the area to stop something like this happening again.
All imo.
Agree. I'm not clear on (based on her comment) what she thinks the link is. Link or not, I fully support her right to express her thoughts and express her anger. Healing goes in spirals. I don't think she would be saying she feels there is a link for any other reason than to express fury at having her attack neglected in case it might have prevented Samantha's death. I do think that what she went through was truly horrific and to then be told nothing could be done - and work through this - return to running, rehabilitate, then be sitting watching this missing persons/murder case unfold - just awful.

Not saying I think there is a link but if there is some connection and the date was 'selected' as an anniversary, doesn't that demonstrate an arrogance and entitlement from the perp - like you think you wont be caught? or that things wont catch up to you? I suppose that could even be what she is discussing - the misogyny within our society and systems.

In these sort of cases do the Police look at where the accused went to school (even though he is 22), and where the victim's children went to school? I know when asked at the press conference, when asked if accused may have known Sam, it was answered "I don't have that knowledge, I don't believe that to be the case". How far back do they go?
His private school even pulled down associates web pages this arvo … perhaps that when they learned of the suppression order … one minute we were looking .. next minute .. all gone .

The accused is considered to be “at risk” of “self harm” as a consequence of being confronted by the reality of his own actions - allegedly intentionally murdering an innocent jogger…. ?!
He's at risk? Well IMO that's far preferable to the general population being at risk when he's out and about. Allegedly, JMO, MOO, etc.

Thinking further why he has been charged with murder without Sams body being located.

IMO they may have discovered Sams DNA in his vehicle? They must have something solid!
The police obviously have some kind of proof of death even without a body, and clear evidence linking the accused to the death.

Thinking further why he has been charged with murder without Sams body being located.

IMO they may have discovered Sams DNA in his vehicle? They must have something solid!
Could it be that they have located the phone or watch of SM , but that has not been revealed to public as it is key evidence in their brief. And I am speculating here. But the technology has existed for at least 10 years to fly over areas to locate phone pings, and there was lots of flights over that area according to some members.

So in this article it discusses flying In Cessnas with Stingray equipment to locate phones and pinpoint locations.

His private school even pulled down associates web pages this arvo … perhaps that when they learned of the suppression order … one minute we were looking .. next minute .. all gone .
They probably don’t want their “brand” tarnished …. IMO

Also it’s possible Sam’s children go to the same private school????

IMO

Wow!! Decided to just quickly pop on here before sleeping since it'd 330am... (one never really "quickly pops on" to WS, do they?)

Absolutely floored to see an arrest was made... LE really made it seem like they had nothing to go on. Great work to LE! My thoughts are with SM's loved ones, and poor MM who was slammed in the media. This is one of the rare cases where I never suspected the husband... Rest in paradise to Samantha ♡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey