Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting that.

Since I don't understand the paths these motions take, I'm questioning the P's first remark: "That the State received the Verified...." Why would he have received it? That leads me to wonder if someone sent it to him.

I'm handwaving away all of his reasoning as to why he had access to it. Here's part of the reason why:
In JG's 06/28/2023 document dump order she states (in part)

If the P was having access the the Ex Parte motions he lists in his withdrawal: Dec 8, 2022, June 6, 2023 and June 16, 2023, then that's a real problem because of the part I bolded above. IMO

I've gone through one version of the doc dump and may go through the version posted here to see if there is any indication that the Ex Parte docs are/were available.

The jcoline article linked earlier dated 1.3.23 cannot be copied and pasted. However, I am allowed to offer a brief summary of the pertinent portion.

JG held an ex parte hearing on JAN 13, 2023. She issued a sealed order of the ex parte hearing. Further, the P shall not be privy to inspection of this order; nor shall the public.

Yes Google earth absolutely shows a large sandbar near where the girls were found.
I do recall searchers also walking in deeper areas searching for items in deeper places.
The fact that their clothing was easily spotted in the water near the crime scene further leads me to believe that the water was shallow and very mild current.

Was their clothing found in the water on FEB 13? I think we're talking about Libby's Nike shoe, tiedyed shirt and the pink sock at the water's edge. If BG is gone from area at 3:30 and fam begins looking at 4, wonder why these items weren't spotted that afternoon or throughout the evening.

Was their clothing found in the water on FEB 13? I think we're talking about Libby's Nike shoe, tiedyed shirt and the pink sock at the water's edge. If BG is gone from area at 3:30 and fam begins looking at 4, wonder why these items weren't spotted that afternoon or throughout the evening.

The clothing was found Feb 14 within minutes of finding the girls.
My guess is on the 13th they weren’t looking for clothing but living breathing teenage girls.
Sunset occurred pretty soon after girls were reported missing.
I don’t think the crime scene or the creek alongside was searched on the 13th.
Although we don’t have a verified log of the exact areas they searched.

Family and law enforcement directed their search downstream from the bridge because they were under the assumption that one of them feel and got hurt.

There’s a preponderance of evidence that there was a gun there and then. A girl thinks she sees a gun and says so. LE identifies the racking of a slide on the full audio if not the released version. An ejected but unfired cartridge is found between the bodies. This cartridge has scratchings that very strongly point to it having come from the individual weapon owned by the defendant and found in the search of his house. It can only have come from a .40 caliber weapon at any rate. Its placement associates it with the crime.

With any set of data points, in math or in life, you have freedom to interpolate the connections between them. Possibilities are infinite. Malevolent global conspiracies, leprechauns, corrupt cops…

There are guidelines for how to stay real. One of the best is a thing called Occam’s Razor. If you can explain the hard data points without recourse to fairies, do so. Most things are just what they look like. No, not everything is what it seems at first, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck…
Exactly. The defense is trying to explain away reality with branches that sort of look like "Fs."

Last edited:
It is astounding that after all this time waiting for the police to find BG, the family now must wait while a clown-car's worth of legal professionals proceed to delay and make a mess of the case. I don't see any way that this trial will be definitive; there are already too many issues that can be brought on appeal. And where does this leave the families? The level of incompetence from all those involved is just numbing. For those of us following here since day one, does anyone feel justice will come? Is there any legal option in which a higher authority can review the whole situation and "take over"/"start over?" I don't think so. IMO, RA is BG, but I have always felt there was a connection to CSAM. Whether RA or anyone else for that matter is ever found guilty isn't looking likely.(Again, everything here is MY OPINION ONLY.)

The jcoline article linked earlier dated 1.3.23 cannot be copied and pasted. However, I am allowed to offer a brief summary of the pertinent portion.

JG held an ex parte hearing on JAN 13, 2023. She issued a sealed order of the ex parte hearing. Further, the P shall not be privy to inspection of this order; nor shall the public.
Thank you. I decided to go through J&C reporter Ron Wilkins' Twitter feed to see if there was any more info there. He does have a Dec 22, 2022 tweet with link to his public article. The quote below what I was looking for.

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Nick knows what he was doing was wrong. Maybe it's worth it to him, though. shrug...MOO

As per Judge Frances Gull order, the details of the ex parte motions and her rulings on the matters are sealed, and anyone who leaks the details of the sealed motions or rulings faces a contempt of court order.
Allen's attorneys asked for the closed motions and hearings to exclude even the Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland so as to protect the defense's strategy.

It is astounding that after all this time waiting for the police to find BG, the family now must wait while a clown-car's worth of legal professionals proceed to delay and make a mess of the case. I don't see any way that this trial will be definitive; there are already too many issues that can be brought on appeal. And where does this leave the families? The level of incompetence from all those involved is just numbing. For those of us following here since day one, does anyone feel justice will come? Is there any legal option in which a higher authority can review the whole situation and "take over"/"start over?" I don't think so. IMO, RA is BG, but I have always felt there was a connection to CSAM. Whether RA or anyone else for that matter is ever found guilty isn't looking likely.(Again, everything here is MY OPINION ONLY.)
I agree with what you've posted, it's been a long 7 years and the antics happening by the current D & P certainly hasn't helped progress the case in any way IMO. It's actually quite shameful IMO.

I do think there will be a trial, the D finally dusted off their MST and filed it, so unless something even more egregious happens than what we've endured so far, I would expect that once a trial date is set, it will happen.

Ultimately, I believe the State has a solid, strong case against RA that we'll see when they are allowed to present it to a jury during trial. Too much coincidence for RA not to be BG = murderer, but my gut still wonders if he was working with an accomplice somehow, either knowing the girls would be there on that day or help in luring them there.

It isn't about being right or wrong, it's about justice for 2 beautiful young girls who were viciously murdered many years ago. I want justice for Abby, Libby and their families most of all, and I want the sick killer behind bars for life.

MOO

Thank you. I decided to go through J&C reporter Ron Wilkins' Twitter feed to see if there was any more info there. He does have a Dec 22, 2022 tweet with link to his public article. The quote below what I was looking for.

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Nick knows what he was doing was wrong. Maybe it's worth it to him, though. shrug...MOO

How many ex parte motions has the D filed? Has the P been privy to all of them? IE, does NMc know who the D hired as their PI in this case?

Court TV did a segment on NMc withdrawing the motion seeking medical records. In their report, I learned that at Wabash, RA cannot have any visitors except from his lawyers. Can that be true? The Wabash website states an in-person visit is allowed every 14 days.

Prosecutors Withdraw Request for Richard Allen's Mental Health Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member