Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

Does anyone other than me think that the woman in the image looks very much like Lindsay Harris? I think there's an extremely strong resemblance, but I noticed early on that the part of the hair in that image is on the opposite side of where I see Lindsay's in her photographs. For that reason, I've operated on the assumption it's not "actually" a victim and I assumed it was a print (which would still be bizarre in its own right, to have that in the home). But now after seeing the comments here I'm not so sure it's a print someone went out and purchased. I know women do change the hair part location, I've changed mine. I find it absolutely horrifying that this image was in the home, print or "custom." However, any customized aspect-- I'd be absolutely mortified. And the shooting target aspect-- that's equally freaky to consider. But I mean we're talking about what a murderer "might have" done. If someone is going to be out there stalking and murdering women, leaving them out on the beach in burlap, he's capable of literally anything-- including custom images of victims, those ghastly little dolls at the memorials, there's no way to know until LE & the system release information and/or the trial. Anything is unfortunately going to be possible. This murderer is truly a monster, complete with vicious calls to victims' families and friends, he is completely out of touch with the reality of his acts. It's all just a horrifying spectacle, so I shouldn't be surprised, seriously. RIP for LISK victims. What a sick, ghastly monster. I've had a feeling for a while he was going to be one of these "funny guy" types like BTK with the "cereal killer" moment. There are no words when you watch something like that. It just doesn't penetrate with some of these incredibly twisted perps just how sick and monstrous they are. If RH is LISK, he's capable of anything. And his family ought to be grateful he has been removed from their lives. What a shame he wasn't removed earlier, other women might still have their lives, too. MOO, but if RH is LISK, his family ought to be getting down on their knees and thanking law enforcement from the bottom of their hearts for getting him out of there because I doubt they'd be completely safe, either, if he is indeed LISK. MOO.

RH was able to kill women continuously for many years, allowing him to become increasingly depraved and cruel. He's capable of anything. Nothing is off the table with this guy, JMO.

In other news, more background information about victim Karen Vergata. She came from a wealthy family, but liked to party. She had two children with a man who worked for Fred Trump.

Newsday learned that Vergata had a complicated existence. For a few years, she had a relationship with a married man who fathered her two sons and who was a longtime employee of Fred Trump, former President Donald Trump’s late father. For a time, Vergata lived in one of Fred Trump’s buildings in Brooklyn.Vergata's killing is one of 10 the Gilgo Beach task force is trying to solve. The task force's efforts already have led to the indictment of Massapequa Park resident Rex A. Heuermann on four of the Gilgo Beach homicides. Vergata's killing has not been linked to him.

Born on Nov. 4, 1961, Vergata was the second child of Dominic and Ann Vergata. The couple also had a son, Victor, who was four years older than his sister. The Vergata family settled in Glen Head. Dominic Vergata over time did well, amassing an estate at his death of well over $2 million, Surrogate Court records show.

Gunther Hugo Lind was the man who fathered her children. He was the resident engineer and manager in an apartment building owned by Fred Trump. They were together for several years, she had two children by Lind. Her drug problems became much worse and she had to give her sons up for adoption.

Last edited:
RH was able to kill women continuously for many years, allowing him to become increasingly depraved and cruel. He's capable of anything. Nothing is off the table with this guy, JMO.

In other news, more background information about victim Karen Vergata. She came from a wealthy family, but liked to party. She had two children with a man who worked for Fred Trump.

Gunther Hugo Lind was the man who fathered her children. He was the resident engineer and manager in an apartment building owned by Fred Trump. They were together for several years, she had two children by Lind. Her drug problems became much worse and she had to give her sons up for adoption.
Sad, but interesting info. thanks for sharing. It helps to remember that these 'women' were real people - daughters, sisters, wives and mothers, friends. They mattered, they loved and were loved.

My heart truly does go out to all of their loved ones left behind and waiting for answers. I cannot even begin to think how hard it's been on them over the years. :(

I also do not think RH just suddenly stopped killing either. He bought property in SC, that might have been a new hunting ground for him.

JMO

Sad, but interesting info. thanks for sharing. It helps to remember that these 'women' were real people - daughters, sisters, wives and mothers, friends. They mattered, they loved and were loved.

My heart truly does go out to all of their loved ones left behind and waiting for answers. I cannot even begin to think how hard it's been on them over the years. :(

I also do not think RH just suddenly stopped killing either. He bought property in SC, that might have been a new hunting ground for him.

JMO
they are looking at him down there. mOO

JMO
I suspect the SC property is also another burial ground.

it's a good bet. the girl who last saw her missing mother with Rex, has no reason to make it up...cops will show his picture around...it does seem to be taking a long time, maybe caught up in some legal issue for the moment.
South Carolina has the Death Penalty so they would want everything to be perfect as far as execution etc. He's on ice where he is now. Would he confess to all his killing in a plea? No way in this world did he just start his little hobby in his 50's..no way. mOO

it's a good bet. the girl who last saw her missing mother with Rex, has no reason to make it up...cops will show his picture around...it does seem to be taking a long time, maybe caught up in some legal issue for the moment.
South Carolina has the Death Penalty so they would want everything to be perfect as far as execution etc. He's on ice where he is now. Would he confess to all his killing in a plea? No way in this world did he just start his little hobby in his 50's..no way. mOO
South Carolina can be an odd place to investigate and prosecute murders. Recall the Murdaugh murders and Mallory Beach death case as examples. They investigate murders their own way down there. It may depend on the jurisdiction.

I thought LE already searched Rex H's South Carolina property? Perhaps it wasn't the type of search to look for buried remains. IDK. They did look for his older Chevy Avalanche, plus other items related to the murders.

A spokesperson for the Chester County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to FOX Carolina the agency helped the Suffolk County Police Department with obtaining a court order for a vehicle to be seized in connection with their case. A search warrant from the Chester County Sheriff’s Office executed on July 14 shows the vehicle is a green 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche registered to Heuermann’s brother.

Neighbors said Heuermann and his brother were outside working on a car in the weeks before the arrest.

According to the search warrant, investigators were looking for “trophies” or personal items that may have belonged to victims, forensic DNA, electronic devices, firearms, hunting paraphernalia, binding and restraints, and other evidence. They were also looking for news clippings, articles or books related to the victims or serial killers in general.

The warrant says investigators had reason to believe there is evidence or instrumentalities in the truck connected to the charges Heuermann is facing.

Potential instruments used in the homicides that investigators sought included cell phones, condoms, cut distal ends of black leather belts, devices that stamp letters on leather, knives, scissors, cutting instruments, and Bounty paper towels.

South Carolina can be an odd place to investigate and prosecute murders. Recall the Murdaugh murders and Mallory Beach death case as examples. They investigate murders their own way down there. It may depend on the jurisdiction.
Recalling both these cases and see nothing about the state of SC being an "odd" place to investigate and prosecute murders. It appears that an excellent job was done investigating and prosecuting Murdaugh for the horrific murders of his wife and son. What seems to be "their own way" in this murder?
In the (boat crash accident March 2019) death of Mallory Beach, the boat driver, PM, was arrested and charged April 2019 and was out on bond when he was murdered.

Recalling both these cases and see nothing about the state of SC being an "odd" place to investigate and prosecute murders. It appears that an excellent job was done investigating and prosecuting Murdaugh for the horrific murders of his wife and son. What seems to be "their own way" in this murder?
In the (boat crash accident March 2019) death of Mallory Beach, the boat driver, PM, was arrested and charged April 2019 and was out on bond when he was murdered.

Yes, Mallory's death was eventually investigated properly. It took a lot of work and pressure, though. If you recall, the interference of Alex Murdaugh and his father the night of the accident sort of started the whole sordid tale. They had connections with the state police and could get things changed in their favor. They were in the process of trying to claim another of Paul's friends were driving the boat.

Looking back on the murders of Paul and his mother, there were a few unintentional mistakes made early in the investigation. I was thinking of the coroner who tried to determine TOD and body temperature by putting his hand in the armpit of each victim, etc.

Followed a cold case here at WS where a young couple was murdered in 1976. The gun that matched ballistics of the bullets that killed the couple was found a few months later in the gun owner's car. He was never investigated or arrested. Stuff like that. JMO

Yes, Mallory's death was eventually investigated properly. It took a lot of work and pressure, though. If you recall, the interference of Alex Murdaugh and his father the night of the accident sort of started the whole sordid tale. They had connections with the state police and could get things changed in their favor. They were in the process of trying to claim another of Paul's friends were driving the boat.

Looking back on the murders of Paul and his mother, there were a few unintentional mistakes made early in the investigation. I was thinking of the coroner who tried to determine TOD and body temperature by putting his hand in the armpit of each victim, etc.

Followed a cold case here at WS where a young couple was murdered in 1976. The gun that matched ballistics of the bullets that killed the couple was found a few months later in the gun owner's car. He was never investigated or arrested. Stuff like that. JMO

Eventually? He was charged the following month, that is pdq so had nothing to do with family connections.
The family trying to deflect for their son has nothing to do with the way things are done in the state of SC.
As for the murder trial, the coroner distraction doesn't not change that a thorough investigation resulted in a quick and successful prosecution, nothing different or unusual could be said about it being done in that state. Anyone can find problems with cases in every state.
Nothing you cite warrants the labelling of the state of SC as you described. MOO

Eventually? He was charged the following month, that is pdq so had nothing to do with family connections.
The family trying to deflect for their son has nothing to do with the way things are done in the state of SC.
As for the murder trial, the coroner distraction doesn't not change that a thorough investigation resulted in a quick and successful prosecution, nothing different or unusual could be said about it being done in that state. Anyone can find problems with cases in every state.
Nothing you cite warrants the labelling of the state of SC as you described. MOO

My apologies for labeling SC so unfairly.

Totally, totally agreed on this. On "Killing Season," the Websleuths expert they had on there said there are possibly other rooms, like other collections. Like this guy only started going around murdering people in his 50s, seriously? I'm still kind of wondering about the theater project he worked on I think in high school-- some young girl was almost (I think seriously) injured because he re-weighted the curtains, like he put heavier weights on them. Just found it/NY Post:

"During one rehearsal, Heuermann — without telling anyone — added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling."

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw that "Sandbagger" email he has. Heaven help us. SC definitely. Maybe FL, maybe NV. Has anyone considered him seriously for New Bedford? All obviously MOO.

I am very grateful for this episode that sums up some of what J Ray said at the symposium. I have some auditory processing issues and I tried to listen several times, but I couldn't get through. Last I looked, there wasn't a transcript (but that was a while back). The host says there will be a future episode to discuss what he revealed regarding Shannon, it can't come out soon enough for me.

The discrepancy regarding Asa and the kids out of town dates is also uncomfortable to think about. It's not unheard of for women to know about their partners proclivities, but in this case, I would hate to find out that was the truth.

Anyway this episode has several accounts of Rex and Burke connection. The unnamed witness the host interviews reveals how her life was so painful at the time she saw JB and RH together and her worries about the women she knew them. Just highlights again how much compassion needs to be cultivated in certain circles. How can so many people, men particularly, view their fellow human beings with so much detachment.

Last edited:

I am very grateful for this episode that sums up some of what J Ray said at the symposium. I have some auditory processing issues and I tried to listen several times, but I couldn't get through. Last I looked, there wasn't a transcript (but that was a while back). The host says there will be a future episode to discuss what he revealed regarding Shannon, it can't come out soon enough for me.

The discrepancy regarding Asa and the kids out of town dates is also uncomfortable to think about. It's not unheard of for women to know about their partners proclivities, but in this case, I would hate to find out that was the truth.

Anyway this episode has several accounts of Rex and Burke connection. The unnamed witness the host interviews reveals how her life was so painful at the time she saw JB and RH together and her worries about the women she knew them. Just highlights again how much compassion needs to be cultivated in certain circles. How can so many people, men particularly, view their fellow human beings with so much detachment.

There are cases were women knew but turned a blind eye, and other cases where they lured the victim and even participated.
I'll withhold my judgment until more facts are presented but if she knew or participated in any way she needs to be held accountable as well.

There are cases were women knew but turned a blind eye, and other cases where they lured the victim and even participated.
I'll withhold my judgment until more facts are presented but if she knew or participated in any way she needs to be held accountable as well.
I don't judge her. A scared, young girl in her 20's doing things not on the "up and up". I have to admit I've been there. Add to that her knowledge of law enforcement participating in these parties--namely James Burke, one with a reputation she knew about.

The estranged wife of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann is speaking out, declaring in a statement Wednesday that she visits her husband weekly and still maintains that Rex is not capable of the crimes he is accused of.

Asa Ellerup, who filed for divorce from her husband of 27 years in the days following his July 13 arrest in connection with the case, also expressed sympathy for the victims in a statement released late Wednesday by her Islip Terrace-based attorney Robert Macedonio.

“I will listen to all of the evidence and withhold judgment until the end of trial,” Ellerup said in the statement. “I have given Rex the benefit of the doubt, as we all deserve.”

The statement added that “Ms. Ellerup’s heartfelt sympathies go out to the victims and their families,” and “nobody deserves to die in that manner.”

Macedonio said Wednesday that Ellerup can't do an interview, but said she wanted to speak out publicly. (Ellerup is currently under contract for seven figures with NBC Universal, Texas Crew Productions and G-Unit to produce a documentary on the case)…

A jail spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request to confirm that Ellerup visits Heuermann weekly.

The estranged wife of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann is speaking out, declaring in a statement Wednesday that she visits her husband weekly and still maintains that Rex is not capable of the crimes he is accused of.

Asa Ellerup, who filed for divorce from her husband of 27 years in the days following his July 13 arrest in connection with the case, also expressed sympathy for the victims in a statement released late Wednesday by her Islip Terrace-based attorney Robert Macedonio.

“I will listen to all of the evidence and withhold judgment until the end of trial,” Ellerup said in the statement. “I have given Rex the benefit of the doubt, as we all deserve.”

The statement added that “Ms. Ellerup’s heartfelt sympathies go out to the victims and their families,” and “nobody deserves to die in that manner.”

Macedonio said Wednesday that Ellerup can't do an interview, but said she wanted to speak out publicly. (Ellerup is currently under contract for seven figures with NBC Universal, Texas Crew Productions and G-Unit to produce a documentary on the case)…

A jail spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request to confirm that Ellerup visits Heuermann weekly.

Ugh…

Too little, too late!

This has nothing to do with her "giving Rex the benefit of the doubt" and everything to do with fulfilling her $1M payout IMO.

I can't dislike this woman's gall enough.

MOO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub