Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too!

Also, I was thinking more about the layout of the condo and went back and looked at the one bedroom we did have a photo of from the Zillow listing you shared.

Interesting position of the computer and the bed, given the room has plenty of space....

Also looks like you could go right out this window. This was probably JS bedroom, but everything is so murky and confusing with the sleeping arrangements here, I thought it might be worth considering whatever happened might not have happened upstairs....https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4012-Santa-Maria-Dr-APT-107-Kissimmee-FL-34741/69324036_zpid/?View attachment 491041
My guess is it's the main bedroom which is on the 1st floor. Especially since the condo has 4 BR's and only 1 pic was posted of a BR. I can't see them choosing one of the 3 smaller rooms.

As for the computer.... JS works from home so her BR was likely also her work space. While the bed looks like it's against the wall, my guess is it's just the angle fooling us. If they took more pics from various angles I'm thinking it would be more evident of the spacing, etc.

My guess is it's the main bedroom which is on the 1st floor. Especially since the condo has 4 BR's and only 1 pic was posted of a BR. I can't see them choosing one of the 3 smaller rooms.

As for the computer.... JS works from home so her BR was likely also her work space. While the bed looks like it's against the wall, my guess is it's just the angle fooling us. If they took more pics from various angles I'm thinking it would be more evident of the spacing, etc.
Yes, it may just be how she set things up, but given all of those images, etc and people wondering how SS may have filmed things, when I saw a computer monitor facing a bed, my mind went there....

Wait, she works from home? I’m catching up here. Has she always (since 2019) worked from home?

There has been some mention on the GH channel of SS accessing some kind of sicko pic sharing type website from his phone at 4:30-ish in the morning. I'm not sure if this was established as fact or not, it was a bit confusing the way the information was presented each time it has been discussed.
Unless it's been confirmed by LE I don't think we can consider this a fact in this case.

jmo

This is an awful question to ask, and I'm not sure it was discussed, but didn't I see something about beastiality in the charging documents? Was that in regards to Maddie or yet another child? Do they have animals? Whatever the case, that man is beyond sick and hell has a special place for him. <modsnip> It seems she would have to be screaming. I'm sorry, as I know this is a delicate subject. Thank you. MOO. Katt

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an awful question to ask, and I'm not sure it was discussed, but didn't I see something about beastiality in the charging documents? Was that in regards to Maddie or yet another child? Do they have animals? Whatever the case, that man is beyond sick and hell has a special place for him. <modsnip> It seems she would have to be screaming. I'm sorry, as I know this is a delicate subject. Thank you. MOO. Katt
That’s simply the way the law is written, and there are several acts he could have committed that would fall under it. Recorded sexual abuse of a child alone would suffice.

…content of at least one image contains one or more of the following: a child who is younger than the age of five, sadomasochistic abuse involving a child, sexual battery involving a child, sexual bestiality involving a child, or any movie involving a child, regardless of length and regardless of whether the movie contains sound.

It's an 'or' statement. While they are ALL disgusting, I'm thinking its the last one listed, (movies) but it's also sexual battery. I hope like heck it does NOT involve the other 3!

Chapter 794 Section 011 - 2018 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

(h) "Sexual battery" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any other object

Chapter 794 Section 011 - 2018 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

www.flsenate.gov
www.flsenate.gov

1710280798259.png

sorry to go off the topic but does anyone know this: I know if you're strangled there are signs ie Petechiae. what about if you're smothered? Just wondering if that would be conclusive enough to determine the manner of death. Would they wait for toxicology? I was reading an unrelated thread in this forum and that was what they were talking about in that case.

Last edited:
In fact Mina would not commit to saying anything other than she died in Kissimmee ( a reporter even tried to clarify if it was at home)
So I have a silly question…
Do we know if the house has been treated as a scene of the crime in the homicide investigation ? Was the house ever sealed off as a crime scene? Or sealed off at any point for an extended period of time, 2 or 3 days or more?
If she was killed at her home, wouldn’t the investigation of the crime scene last for some time barring access to JS?

I guess that’s multiple silly questions:)

sorry to go off the topic but does anyone know this: I know if you're strangled there are signs ie Petechiae—tiny red spots due to ruptured capillaries—are a signature injury of strangulation. what about if you're smothered?
Anoxia would still show via smothering. The same thing would happen. The difference may be in HOW one becomes anoxic. Eg: ligature strangulation or manual strangulation may leave marks on the neck. Smothering may not. But they both leave signs of oxygen deprivation.

So I have a silly question…
Do we know if the house has been treated as a scene of the crime in the homicide investigation ? Was the house ever sealed off as a crime scene? Or sealed off at any point for an extended period of time, 2 or 3 days or more?
If she was killed at her home, wouldn’t the investigation of the crime scene last for some time barring access to JS?

I guess that’s multiple silly questions:)
It looks like the house was in fact treated as a crime scene. He was arrested on the 28th after turning over his phone, apparently at the police station (investigators were already at the house when this occurred). We don't know if CSI was present at that point, but they were present the next day. Standard protocol would be to seal the house off for a period of time. So that would have included at least parts of the 28th and 29th.

Judging by his body language in that video when he was sat behind her cracking his knuckles etc I would say she was very much a victim of his abuse too and probably won't talk openly until she is sure he is put away for a long time ...even then she may forever hold it within and blame herself because one thing abusers are very good at is making the victim blame themselves for the abuse that is happening to them. He was 6`1 ...quite an imposing height to someone her size...

Everyone always has a why didn't she? Even in local domestic violence situations ...why doesn't she report him...why doesn't she leave... Most of them people have never experenced the daily terror or reawakening ...walking on egg shells all day... The sheer anxiety to the point of dissociation qnd dizziness., and the confusion of the Love they feel for their abuser because of course it's not his fault but hers...

Nah it's not easy..
ITA. I’ve thought this from the beginning or rather when I saw him come into JS interview.
‘Trauma Bond’ term used when the abused forms a deep emotional attachment to their abuser. It develops from a repeated cycle of abuse and positive reinforcement. The abused almost get a type of euphoric type of high when the abuser treats them kindly. However, because it is a cycle, the kindness and euphoria caused by the abuser diminishes quickly. So essentially the person, the one that has formed the trauma bond, get addicted to these highs. Although, technically, the highs really aren’t highs, they are what the abused feel like when they aren’t being abused/manipulated. A trauma bond that the abused person experiences can take years to heal once the they exit the relationship.
At no point in the relationship, nor after the relationship has ended should the abused victim be held responsible. That’s considered victim shaming and blaming.
Unless you have been in this type of relationship and/or you are a medical professional (trauma therapist, psychiatrist, etc.) you will never understand why the abused person stays. And no one should pass judgement on the victims. Regardless, if they have children or not.

JMVHO, as a victim of emotional, psychological, mental, physical and spiritual abuse.

Last edited:
It looks like the house was in fact treated as a crime scene. He was arrested on the 28th after turning over his phone, apparently at the police station (investigators were already at the house when this occurred). We don't know if CSI was present at that point, but they were present the next day. Standard protocol would be to seal the house off for a period of time. So that would have included at least parts of the 28th and 29th.

Thank you!

Do you know if that’s the “standard” amount of time for a possible scene of a homicide?
I assume it’s all case by case (Idaho murders house stayed sealed off for months, understandably so), but for something like this, would 2 days really be enough?
Why grant access back into the house so soon? What if you need to come back and look for more evidence?

He was arrested on the 28th, so is it possible that the investigation/forensics on 28/29 was for his CSAM and not murder?

JS was notified that Maddie was deceased the evening of the 29th.
Do we know if they ever went back on the 1st when Maddie was discovered, or anytime after the 1st?

sorry for so many questions

Thank you!

Do you know if that’s the “standard” amount of time for a possible scene of a homicide?
I assume it’s all case by case (Idaho murders house stayed sealed off for months, understandably so), but for something like this, would 2 days really be enough?
Why grant access back into the house so soon? What if you need to come back and look for more evidence?

He was arrested on the 28th, so is it possible that the investigation/forensics on 28/29 was for his CSAM and not murder?

JS was notified that Maddie was deceased the evening of the 29th.
Do we know if they ever went back on the 1st when Maddie was discovered, or anytime after the 1st?

sorry for so many questions
There really isn’t a standard amount of time. I’ve seen it take a day or two, and I’ve also seen houses sealed off for several days. I don’t think this one would have taken all that long, as it’s not very large, and they’d take everything they thought could be relevant with them (sheets, clothing, etc).

I don’t think they would have had to process blood evidence, which can take some time.

They already would have known that the narrative wasn’t lining up with what they knew, and I think investigators were already at the house investigating foul play when they got the call about the CSAM.

I think they would have began serving a search warrant on the home while both SS and JS were at the police station (I’m assuming she was there and being interviewed separately).

I’m surprised we never heard anything from neighbors about how long they were there.

guess we will see if SS gets the same treatment​

Death penalty sought in Lake County child rape case, a first for Florida​

Joseph Giampa was arrested last month​

SS will not be eligible for the DP unless it can be proven that he committed child rape after the law making that a capital crime went into effect October 1, 2023.

All of this begs the question: is the hold up on charges because they dont know how she died exactly? possible accidental overdose ( not by Madi) or who did it? I have no idea. We can guess till the cows come home, but we will be doing that until something official comes out. (although it is fun to speculate)
It could be that they are consolidating logistics and digital data, checking times and dates for digital content from all parties.
A computer program can likely pull up everything from a certain date and time, but the actual comparison of these needs to be scrutinized and analyzed by many human eyes.
And then double-checked.
And that's just one segment of pulling the notes together.
They have chemical analysis and toxicology to wait on.
But I am starting to believe the digital trail has taken them to a wider network and because of that, they need to play calm and silent.

SS will not be eligible for the DP unless it can be proven that he committed child rape after the law making that a capital crime went into effect October 1, 2023.
State ended up dropping DP in Giampa’s case, anyway. Pled to life.

Florida drops death penalty pursuit for man accused of child sex abuse​

The state attorney in Lake County said the case’s quick resolution could be attributed to Florida’s new law.

The death penalty applying to child sex charges will be almost certainly be a moot point once they charge this guy with murder. The question now is when that will happen. I hope that attorney is wrong when he says it could take up to six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2