AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it today too - my head still hurts. This interview was 100% all about the step dad, he spent more time on naming his ex wives than anything of value to the search for Sebastian SMDH We did learn he is back to work and he did admit he doesn’t want Sebastian around his daughter but that is family business. My heart hurts for Sebastian who called him Mr Chris.
“Mr. Chris” is…an unusually formal moniker for a teen to call a stepdad. Curious to know if that mode of address was Sebastian’s choice or if it was the stepfather’s.

I find that abusive. To make a person- of any age- bag up their own things and bring it out to the trash can themselves. To teach through humiliation -- the laziest and cruelest way to "teach." You don't have to put thought into how to teach the skill (keeping your room clean) nor have any patience, and the person will now fear you on some level. JMO/IMO.
I agree.

This inflicts severe trauma on an autistic child that is super attached to his items … To an extreme that may not be easily understood by many, if not most, people.

Believe me … I speak from experience. My own opinion & experience only, of course.

If my son can’t find a toy he is fixated on in the moment, the entire world must stop until it is located. If it is potentially discarded, it is so devastating that he can’t even function.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now listened to the whole of this interview and I feel as I was witnessing a car crash in slow-motion.

It is well worth a listen. Maybe play it speeded up, as it's long. In addition to the stepdad meting out a belt 'punishment' trashing his stepson's belongings, and his odd laughter, my take-aways are:

- The stepdad was much more talkative in this interview than in others, more combative and also displayed contempt towards some of his stepson's behaviours (mimicking Sebastian's responses to being disciplined)
- Sebastian would wear SOCKS to take out the trash (per his mom)
- The stepdad has been married FIVE times
- Listeners messaged in asking about 'the story' with one of his wives
- The stepdad discussed his previous encounters with CPS/DCS ("in two states")
- If I heard this correctly, there are TWO other doors in the house, but stepdad says Sebastian would not have exited through those because THEY DO NOT LOCK FROM THE OUTSIDE??
- The stepdad wants to thank everyone, including those who are spreading rumours or who think he and his wife did it

I am even more scared for Sebastian than before. I'd like the Behaviour Panel guys to analyse this interview.

I agree.

This inflicts severe trauma on an autistic child that is super attached to his items … To an extreme that may not be easily understood by many, if not most, people.

Believe me … I speak from experience. My own opinion & experience only, of course.

If my son can’t find a toy he is fixated on in the moment, the entire world must stop until it is located. If it is potentially discarded, it is so devastating that he can’t even function.

<modsnip>
As a person who had an abusive narcissist father and as the mother of an autistic child (who, thankfully, has a wonderfully gentle father), everything about that most recent interview with the stepfather is setting off the last holdout of alarm bells for me about him. JMO.

As far as I know, though, we aren’t allowed to discuss CP as anything other than a victim at present. Does anybody know if the mods are going to make an exception at this point? Or are we perfectly allowed to discuss general concerns/questions about his behavior in interviews without actually speculating as to his involvement with the disappearance?

(I’m still new and trying to figure out exactly where the line is. But I don’t want to derail the thread, if so inclined please DM with advice/experience/a link to the exact rule that may be eluding me at the moment?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that something must have happened with the trash. The timing would make sense as to why they couldn't find him after the trash was picked up Monday morning (the morning he went missing.)

In the Chronicles of Olivia interview, Katie said that on Sunday after dinner Sebastian took the trash out (it was his chore) and he took the trash can to the street.

Now I am listening to another new interview on youtube and Chris mentions that he used to make Sebastian clean his room, and if it wasn't clean enough, he would come through with a trash bag and bag up everything on the floor that wasn't supposed to be on the floor. Chris says in the interview: "It goes in the trash bag. Tie it up. I've done this to him twice. One time mom talked me out of it. The other time, Sebastian here's the bag, go put it in the trash can. And then you're going to take the trash can to the street."

44:35 is when the section on cleaning the room starts:
This is the strangest interview I've ever heard from the parents of a missing child. Hes missing almost a month, and they are having long, casual conversations on YouTube. Most parents would be barely functioning and hyper focused on finding him.

As far as I know, though, we aren’t allowed to discuss CP as anything other than a victim at present. Does anybody know if the mods are going to make an exception at this point? Or are we perfectly allowed to discuss general concerns/questions about his behavior in interviews without actually speculating as to his involvement with the disappearance?

(I’m still new and trying to figure out exactly where the line is. But I don’t want to derail the thread, if so inclined please DM with advice/experience/a link to the exact rule that may be eluding me at the moment?)
<rsbm>

IF an exception is to be made, it will be announced on the thread. At this point, that has not happened, but in any case, that can change as more facts about any case comes to light.

Members may discuss what is said in MSM about an individual, or what that individual themselves has said in MSM and other interviews that have been approved. IOW, it's fine to say along the lines of "well, that's a weird thing to say" or "I wonder if ...", but members may NOT make direct or indirect accusations against an individual who has not been officially named a POI/suspect by LE (or unless a thread specific exception is made by Tricia or Admin).

Please be very cautious folks !! When it comes to victims, we don't want to hurt innocent people. We certainly try to err on the side of caution until/unless they are officially named or it becomes obvious they are being treated as a POI/suspect by LE. Prime example, Samantha Murphy case out of Australia ... members thought hubby was hinky for various reasons. Hot news flash .. stranger arrested and hubby has zip to do with Samantha's disappearance.

Any more questions, please use the Report feature to ask. Thanks !!

Yes, “Mr. Chris” is an odd name for a stepfather. How long have the stepfather and mother been together? I wouldn’t expect him to call him dad, but Mr. Chris seems very formal for that type of relationship. FWIW I live in the northeast where addressing someone as sir / ma’am / Mr / Ms is not as commonplace as the south.

Yes, “Mr. Chris” is an odd name for a stepfather. How long have the stepfather and mother been together? I wouldn’t expect him to call him dad, but Mr. Chris seems very formal for that type of relationship. FWIW I live in the northeast where addressing someone as sir / ma’am / Mr / Ms is not as commonplace as the south.
I am in the south, and Mr. Chris is a pretty common way of addressing someone in the stepfather’s position, close but not Mom or Dad. I know lots of people who call their parents-in-law “Mr. John” and “Mrs. Virginia.”

I thought the same; however, maybe that was how they were introduced when the mom started dating? And then he just kept using it? My stepdaughter calls me by my first name, but she refers to me as her "mom" when speaking to people. I don't refer to her as my stepdaughter to others, i just saw "my daughter" or "my kid", I'm only referencing step for this context.

CP is all about respect, he says it over and over in their interviews. KP & CP started dating when Sebastian was 7ish and they have been married 2 years.

What kind of door on a single family home doesn't lock from the outside? I know apartment buildings have one-way emergency exit doors that don't have exterior handles, but I can't picture the type of door on a house that would only lock from the inside. Even a screen door that doesn't lock on the outside would have an interior door...?

What kind of door on a single family home doesn't lock from the outside? I know apartment buildings have one-way emergency exit doors that don't have exterior handles, but I can't picture the type of door on a house that would only lock from the inside. Even a screen door that doesn't lock on the outside would have an interior door...?
It was described as a keypad-style door lock for their front door. This is the door they said by process of elimination that they presumed Sebastian would have exited from.

Most of these generally lock back upon closing the door, or there are some that you press a "lock" icon on the outside to lock it back. Many people use such locks these days. Some are smart-devices, and can be opened/locked via an app as well. Not sure what style specifically they had at their home.

It was discussed at 1hr 22min mark in this interview-

This came out earlier when Sebastian first went missing. I just came across it again. Did we ever figure out the significance of Clarksville? And are there bodies of water along the way? Creeks perhaps, smaller ones? I’m sure I’ve missed some posts.

Investigators have reason to believe Sebastian may have traveled as far as Clarksville, so they are also checking that route

This came out earlier when Sebastian first went missing. I just came across it again. Did we ever figure out the significance of Clarksville? And are there bodies of water along the way? Creeks perhaps, smaller ones? I’m sure I’ve missed some posts.

Investigators have reason to believe Sebastian may have traveled as far as Clarksville, so they are also checking that route
His dad Seth lives in Clarksville

It is peculiarly formal, even for the South.
I am in the south, and Mr. Chris is a pretty common way of addressing someone in the stepfather’s position, close but not Mom or Dad. I know lots of people who call their parents-in-law “Mr. John” and “Mrs. Virginia.”
I am from/grew up in multiple places in the South and have had multiple stepparents, none of whom I ever addressed with a title. I’ve also had a lot of friends with divorced parents, none of whom ever addressed their stepparents with a title. It might not be unheard of, but it’s definitely not common, not even in the South.

Definitely could see a situation where it’s what a child called a person who later became a stepparent early on and it becoming almost a term of habit/endearment but for the stepparent to demand the formal title (with a threat of violence inferred, it would seem) is definitely peculiar.

Just my experience.

This I agree with and it’s very common here, especially with minor children. I have used Mr. or Mrs. for in-laws too. I never thought much about it. ;) We were taught not to address an elder by their first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2