AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m calling on the army, you know, and I thought the resources are here,” TikToker Heather Abbott said.

A mom and TikToker with 92,000 followers took to social media to call for the help of the United Cajun Navy, currently in Nashville, as the search for Riley Strain ends.

“I was like, ‘Hey, don’t leave over here,'” Abbott said. “Like waving the flag.”

She told News 2 that she watched them search for Strain and believes that if they were helping in continued search efforts for missing Sumner County teen Sebastian Rogers, he could be found.

“Don’t leave,” Abbott exclaimed. “Like y’all come over here to Hendersonville. It is just 20 minutes down the road.”

“I think we really need to expand the news coverage,” Schmit said. “The local news is doing a great job, but I think if we get this nationwide to other people in other states to see this because honestly, people’s worst fears are really starting to ramp up now.”

“We are sending emails out hoping that someone like Dan Abrams or Chris Cuomo, Banfield, or any of those on NewsNation hears this because I know they could reach a lot of people, a lot of audience,” Schmit added.

Equusearch, a nonprofit organization that provides search and recovery services through drone technology, is helping in the search efforts in partnership with TBI.

Last edited:
The quote about something happening was from Seth Rogers, bio dad, not Chris Proudfoot. MOO
Oh my. You’re so right. I didn’t notice it the first time I saw it but when I was pasting it in here, I thought what? Mr Rogers? Thank you for the correction. Everything else still stands in my post though. It’s his own father that said that. Perhaps he knew him best.

Oh my. You’re so right. I didn’t notice it the first time I saw it but when I was pasting it in here, I thought what? Mr Rogers? Thank you for the correction. Everything else still stands in my post though. It’s his own father that said that. Perhaps he knew him best.
It happens, more often when there are several parents etc.

Is it possible the parents put him outside barefoot as some kind of punishment.? What if he then decided to runaway but not before Mr. Chris went out and confronted him - came back in and then Mr. Chris locked him out?

"Between the hours of 12 and six, he has basically vanished. Walked out of the house. Door was locked. Gone," the stepfather said

It doesn’t really make sense without pronouns. There’s must be missing information. Could something have had already happened to Sebastian before this scenario about the locked door? Gone. Final word.

*Idk what happened but I’m stuck on this kid. I want him to be okay against all odds. Yes, I’m holding out for a miracle.

Maybe Sebastian really did runaway?<modsnip> I go back to his father Mr. Rogers’ own words stated as fact:

“In order for him to do something that’s out of the normal, something would’ve had to happen that he felt like he just couldn’t deal with it anymore,” Mr Rogers told WTVF in his first interview during a prayer vigil on Sunday

*Sebastian isn’t a runner and he is gone. So what was the something that happened that he felt like he just couldn’t deal with anymore?
*edited correction. Thank you @Eli9

In regards to the couple's hours long phone conversation, could it have included a segment whereby Sebastian was "acting out" for whatever reason. Was the trash heavy because they made him throw away some of his stuff? IDK.

If Sebastian said or did something and KP called CP about it, isn't here a chance he meted out punishment during their call? "Put him outside and lock the door until he can behave." IDK.

I want to doubt the couple's possible direct involvement. This precious autistic child left home without his eyeglasses. Could he see where he was walking even with a flashlight? Seth said Sebastian puts his eyeglasses on every morning when he wakes up.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sebastian said or did something and KP called CP about it, isn't here a chance he meted out punishment during their call? "Put him outside and lock the door until he can behave." IDK.
It brings to mind the case of 14 year old Leslie Mahaffy, whose mother locked her out of the house as a punishment for missing curfew. She was subsequently abducted and murdered by Paul Bernardo.

I have no idea what Sebastian's eyesight is like, but before I had surgical correction the first thing I'd do upon waking was reach for my glasses. I couldn't/wouldn't even walk to the kitchen without them, much less walk outside, in the dark, in the wee hours of the morning.

I can't see a special-needs teenager choosing to go outside without their glasses.

I also can't see someone planning to stage his disappearance but forgetting to get rid of his glasses and a pair of shoes.

What does this tell us? IMO it tells us there wasn't a plan ahead of time. So either he felt he had to go outside in an instant, or someone made him go immediately outside, or there was staging but it was spontaneous and "sloppy."

I have no idea what Sebastian's eyesight is like, but before I had surgical correction the first thing I'd do upon waking was reach for my glasses. I couldn't/wouldn't even walk to the kitchen without them, much less walk outside, in the dark, in the wee hours of the morning.
According to Seth, Sebastian puts his glasses on immediately on getting up. His glasses are missing.

According to Seth, Sebastian puts his glasses on immediately on getting up. His glasses are missing.
I thought his glasses were still there?

Edited: I know he was said to be wearing his glasses initially, but I thought more recently it was said that his glasses were still there. IDK where I saw that. Does anyone have a link?

Last edited:
That was a mistake Seth made and corrected early on. His description in his missing report is that he is wearing glasses. Did this information change recently? If his glasses are at home that changes everything about the search.

I thought It was recently said that his glasses were not missing after all, but again, I don't know where I saw or read that.

3/23/2024
However on Saturday, United Cajun Navy announced it has joined the search efforts for Rogers.

"This morning we deployed a search team with K-9 to Sumner County, TN to assist the family of 15 year old Sebastian Rogers. He has been missing for 5 weeks and we have been asked to redirect assets from the #RileyStrain search to help bring Sebastian home," United Cajun Navy wrote in a Facebook post.

3/21/2024
“I’ve been all around Nashville. I’ve been passing out flyers, it’s time to start branching out farther. I just want to find my son,” said Sebastian’s father, Seth Rogers. “I’m not going to give up hope.”

Rogers said “somebody told” his mother he should search Natchez Trace State Park for Sebastian, which is more than 50 miles from Sumner County.

I haven’t found anything new, but I’m looking. I believe Nancy Grace described him wearing glasses.
2/29/2024
Sebastian was last seen "near Stafford Court in Hendersonville wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants and glasses," the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said on X.

2/29/2024
Rogers has been missing since Feb. 26. He’s 5′5″, 120 pounds, with brown hair, and brown eyes, last seen in Hendersonville, Tennessee, wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants and glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2