AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volunteers did have scent trained dogs out today and we’re told something of interest may have been found.
This line reminds me of all the media outlets using the line “Suzanne Morphew, who disappeared on a bike ride…”

“Authorities believe that the autistic teen wandered off, with a flashlight and no shoes.”

The search warrants and dump search indicate otherwise. Probable cause isn’t based on a mere possibility, and if they believed he wandered off we wouldn’t have seen that.

This line reminds me of all the media outlets using the line “Suzanne Morphew, who disappeared on a bike ride…”

“Authorities believe that the autistic teen wandered off, with a flashlight and no shoes.”

The search warrants and dump search indicate otherwise. Probable cause isn’t based on a mere possibility, and if they believed he wandered off we wouldn’t have seen that.

Yes. Everything points to a far different conclusion.

So in the Nancy Grace interview, Seth Rogers said that all three pairs of Sebastian's shoes were by the front door.

Which means that he either had to walk out that door right past his shoes for some reason, or he ran out that door in such a hurry that he couldn't be bothered with putting on his shoes.

IMO the fact that he exited right past his shoes eliminates the idea that he was lured out by some predator. Which, by the way, there is exactly zero evidence of.

There is NO way in my opinion a child, even at 15 could vanish without a trace as a runaway. Sadly, I don't think he left that house alive.

Age may make a big difference but we [WS] had a cute little 4yo nonverbal autistic boy in AL a few months back last year who slipped out of the door without a trace when his mom left him for a tiny minute to run up the hill to her mom's house. She left him with a friend who was sleeping and she thought her son was asleep. Luckily, he was found days later over a mile from home with torn feet and cold to the touch body because he was barefooting it. It was his first time to scoot out the door like that. Maybe there's always a first time. IDK.

On the whole, I agree about this particular 15yo child, knowing what few circumstances we do, that Sebastian almost had to be taken; taken away from the home. If the eyeglasses and shoes are not enough clues, add the cellphone that was nearly adhered to his hand. So, Sebastian walks out of the front door without the essentials
eyeglasses or maybe not
shoes
cell phone. What was next in his plan to walk away? IDK. Maybe he was curious about the construction in the new neighborhood adjacent that of his own.
MOO
edited eyewear

Last edited:
I've listened to KP and CP interviews and I can't really recall KP speaking of Sebastian with real affection, something along the lines of (I'm making these examples up) "He loves telling knock-knock jokes to try to make me laugh" or "he's really a good artist" or "we like to go fishing together"--basically anything else a loving parent would say about their kid any day, not to mention when the kid is presumably in danger.

She and CP do allow that Sebastian loves to dance, then talk about how goofy a dancer he is. IMO in a belittling way.

Otherwise it's all stuff about his medical issues and the negative behavior resulting from them.

I really can't put my finger on anything she's said that's indicated affection for him. JMO and I might have missed it.

I've listened to KP and CP interviews and I can't really recall KP speaking of Sebastian with real affection, something along the lines of (I'm making these examples up) "He loves telling knock-knock jokes to try to make me laugh" or "he's really a good artist" or "we like to go fishing together"--basically anything else a loving parent would say about their kid any day, not to mention when the kid is presumably in danger.

She and CP do allow that Sebastian loves to dance, then talk about how goofy a dancer he is. IMO in a belittling way.

Otherwise it's all stuff about his medical issues and the negative behavior resulting from them.

I really can't put my finger on anything she's said that's indicated affection for him. JMO and I might have missed it.
Sometimes these subtle, small cues are very telling.

That latter part is the most insane. Getting media attention is the single most important thing the family of a missing person can do. Even if law enforcement were to bizarrely tell them not to do that, good luck getting the family of a missing child to comply.

Time and time again we've seen loved ones lament the lack of publicity their cases are getting, and here, they had it and were silent during the most crucial window. It doesn't make sense.

True. Many of us are also on Riley Strain's MP Found Deceased threads. Their family spokesman was available almost 24/7 for the public to learn stuff. His mother's first interview was breathlessly begging the public to find her son. She had to have him. Her anguish was so great, she had me weeping with her. Sebastian has people weeping for him, too.

Folks react differently to circumstances, it's true. Logically, our instincts tell us that this 15yo may have been locked outside without his shoes or eyeglasses, possibly as a form of punishment. IDK. It's pitch black so he's issued a flashlight? omg

Wasn't it you who stated about 3 weeks ago that you hope this case doesn't go lopsided and upside down like another TN MP case of Summer Wells? Where could Sebastian be?

MOO

@DeDee

What is your source that he left without his eyeglasses? I know I've seen/read/heard that too but I'm confounded as to where. Thanks!

I edited my post since you're demanding a link to MSM and I can't get it rn due to circumstances beyond my control. Thank you for catching that as I thought it was a known fact even yesterday as I've been away all day.
Edited to read:
So, Sebastian walks out of the front door without the essentials
eyeglasses or maybe not

True. Many of us are also on Riley Strain's MP Found Deceased threads. Their family spokesman was available almost 24/7 for the public to learn stuff. His mother's first interview was breathlessly begging the public to find her son. She had to have him. Her anguish was so great, she had me weeping with her. Sebastian has people weeping for him, too.

Folks react differently to circumstances, it's true. Logically, our instincts tell us that this 15yo may have been locked outside without his shoes or eyeglasses, possibly as a form of punishment. IDK. It's pitch black so he's issued a flashlight? omg

Wasn't it you who stated about 3 weeks ago that you hope this case doesn't go lopsided and upside down like another TN MP case of Summer Wells? Where could Sebastian be?

MOO
Is it possible that the footage of the two people with flashlights were the parents looking for him after having made him go outside, but law enforcement are just not saying it?

A reminder of what the Amber Alert said on the TBI page regarding clothing & his glasses.

amber-sebastian-poster.jpg

Is it possible that the footage of the two people with flashlights were the parents looking for him after having made him go outside, but law enforcement are just not saying it?

There are many possibilities, aren't there? Didn't LE make a statement the video of the lights weren't relevant? I may need to be quiet for a minute and refresh on the deets. Also, I thought the Stepfather was at work that night in Memphis. Yes, or no? IDK. I'll lurk for a while till catch up.

A reminder of what the Amber Alert said on the TBI page regarding clothing & his glasses.

View attachment 492497

Right. TY. I also think if he left without his glasses, there would be a photo of him not wearing his glasses on the flyer.

There are many possibilities, aren't there? Didn't LE make a statement the video of the lights weren't relevant? I may need to be quiet for a minute and refresh on the deets. Also, I thought the Stepfather was at work that night in Memphis. Yes, or no? IDK. I'll lurk for a while till catch up.
Yes, true, I think he was.
Yet there’s something irksome about that footage due to the timing of it.
LE isn’t always truthful about their views if they’re protecting an investigation.

Yes, true, I think he was.
Yet there’s something irksome about that footage due to the timing of it.
LE isn’t always truthful about their views if they’re protecting an investigation.

Allow me this moment, what are your thoughts on the landfill search? Those are not inexpensive to conduct. Finding a load of toys, for example, is not evidence of a crime so LE wouldn't tell us, right? IDK.

Those flashing lights only last a jiffy. And, then they're gone like a spacecraft. Where'd they go, if people were holding torches? Turn them off and it's too pitch dark to see. Baffling.

We're approaching the one month mark on Wednesday. Has the family planned any private searches to gather folks together to assist them because LE said they're finished with their ground search?

MOO

LE spokesman tells us that from his experience, young people with autism have stamina that is greater than ours. He says their pain threshold is greater than ours as well as their drive is greater than that of our own.

They suggest checking under tarps, decks, in ponds and around creek beds.

FEB 29, 2024 Press Conf @ 9:40

Allow me this moment, what are your thoughts on the landfill search? Those are not inexpensive to conduct. Finding a load of toys, for example, is not evidence of a crime so LE wouldn't tell us, right? IDK.

Those flashing lights only last a jiffy. And, then they're gone like a spacecraft. Where'd they go, if people were holding torches? Turn them off and it's too pitch dark to see. Baffling.

We're approaching the one month mark on Wednesday. Has the family planned any private searches to gather folks together to assist them because LE said they're finished with their ground search?

MOO
I believe the landfill search, which required a bench warrant with a judge granting probable cause, was suspicion of murder, stemming from the vicinity of the home area. I’ll say no more.

My thoughts on the lights are, they needed them but also didn’t want them to be seen.

One month is not good.

LE spokesman tells us that from his experience, young people with autism have stamina that is greater than ours. He says their pain threshold is greater than ours as well as their drive is greater than that of our own.

They suggest checking under tarps, decks, in ponds and around creek beds.

FEB 29, 2024 Press Conf @ 9:40
Even so, how would he be eating and drinking and sheltering from the elements? Here’s to hoping, though.

I edited my post since you're demanding a link to MSM and I can't get it rn due to circumstances beyond my control. Thank you for catching that as I thought it was a known fact even yesterday as I've been away all day.

Oh, I wasn't demanding, I was just asking! I heard the same thing but I don't have a link either. I wasn't jumping on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti