OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bothering me. They're doing this for absolutely ALL of the current cases.

It can't ALL be guilty knowledge, FFS. The public needs some coherent information in order to be able to help.
Definitely the public needs to be involved. Maybe a stray car was somehow seen and can be identified.

We can only see her public posts. Her FB friends would see more posts (if there were more). I’m still doubting she was married. Maybe engaged / domestic partner. Doesn’t matter much, I suppose. I also doubt NewsNation is correct in their report that VB’s “husband” found the car. I am betting it was JK’s pastor husband. Just a hunch.

Also, while I was looking at her FB page, settings seemed to change. I could see her “about” info, then a minute later I could not.

jmo
BBM
Was it only the “about” section? If so, I don’t think the setting changed. Maybe some error occurred. Privacy setting can’t be fine tuned like this, iirc (admittedly, it’s been a while since I had a Facebook account… but generally you can’t just select one field of your profile and make it private).

This is Veronica Butler’s shop in Hugoton, KS. Closed until further notice.Butler, 27, & Jilian Kelley, 39, have been missing since Saturday. The two moms were going to pick up kids when they vanished. The car they were in was found abandoned. @NewsNation
Here's the facebook page for Veronica's business :confused:

She bought it late last year.

Sunflower Nutrition

1f6a8.png
NEW OWNER ALERT
1f6a8.png

Sunflower Nutrition has a new owner, Veronica Butler!
We will be open Monday-Friday 7am to 4pm!

BBM
Was it only the “about” section? If so, I don’t think the setting changed. Maybe some error occurred. Privacy setting can’t be fine tuned like this, iirc (admittedly, it’s been a while since I had a Facebook account… but generally you can’t just select one field of your profile and make it private).
Yes, it was only the ‘about’ section, and it’s working again. Glitch.

Unfortunately I think we all know where this is heading. It’s been tried before many times and is never successful. They always get caught. Unfortunately for the families ripped apart they are caught too late. These ladies were probably gone by the time the husband found the abandoned vehicle.

The questions I would have if I were LE… when the ladies didn’t show up to ‘four corners’ for the supervised hand off of the children did the children’s current guardian call the mothers phone or any of the supervisors on the courts list to see what the hold up was? She could have gotten into an accident for all they knew. How long did they wait at ‘four corners’? When they left ‘four corners’ did they return home with the children in tow wondering where their mother was? Did they inform anyone that the hand off did not happen i.e. a court liaison or LE or social services? Did they not think it strange the mother and supervisor just pulled a no call no show on them especially after the mother had fought so hard in court just to get supervised visits?

Usually if you smell something fishy there’s fish around. I think it’s going to be that simple. LE just has to have all their evidence before we get to know anything. Which I guess is a good thing.

Like Lt. Kenda always said murder can usually be pinned down to one of three things…money, sex or revenge. And you can usually put two of any of those together as well. Most people are killed by someone they know. Usually someone they know very well.

All ideas are MOO and speculation.

"Their vehicle was found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L. This was just south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County," said Hunter McKee, a spokesperson for OSBI.

As the investigation continues, a suspect has not been named.

"That includes friends. That includes family members and people that were in contact with them up until the day the vehicle was found on Saturday," McKee said.

OSBI said they are still investigating if the father of the children was cooperating with law enforcement.

"Their vehicle was found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L. This was just south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County," said Hunter McKee, a spokesperson for OSBI.

"That includes friends. That includes family members and people that were in contact with them up until the day the vehicle was found on Saturday," McKee said.

OSBI said they are still investigating if the father of the children was cooperating with law enforcement.

Your linked article also says the women were picking up the kids to bring them back to Hugotown for a birthday party. So evidently Veronica did have that sort to access to the kids. Not just an hour or two at a location next to their residence, as long as she had a third party to supervise.

Plan was to return with the children to Hugoton for a birthday party...

4/3/24

The pastor said he thought this wasn't an accident.

"It appears this was not a willing incident on their own to have taken off or anything of that nature. I think it’s something more involved," Singer said.

Singer said Kelley and Butler were supposed to pick up the children in Texas County and return to Hugoton for the birthday party, which was scheduled for Saturday morning. Butler's car was found in an extremely rural area, and they were nowhere to be found.

ETA: VB has supervised visitation with her children every Saturday from 8AM-5PM. I've been wondering what they did during the day long visits and if VB brought them to her home. It seems she did and/or this was not necessarily an unusual visit. MOO

"They’re processing through some anger, confusion, not knowing, not having answers as to what has gone on or what transpired, what caused the events to transpire," said Tim Singer, the pastor of Hugoton Assembly of God.

Last edited:
*speculation about two people poss involved, injury to one of the women poss happened at car, then panic would cause them to figure out what to do with the two women.
Interesting analysis. Banfields expert said its possible the meeting point for handing over the children may have changed at the last minute. When the meeting took place someone panicked or did something unexpected that resulted in them taking the women away. Is it possible the children weren’t even there when they met?

LE is trying to find out, apparently, in an area where everyone knows everyone else.

JMO, even though it’s a remote area, there are still likely to be surveillance cameras at businesses like gas stations, grocery stores, etc. There should also be some ability to track cell phones and access records.

ETA: If OSBI is trying to access digital information, it could take a while to get warrants, download and search the data.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the authorities are getting closer to the truth. At this point they have quite a bit of information. They have the physical evidence from the vehicle, the knowledge gained from interviews with all parties surrounding the visitation arrangement, and the technology records of cell phone calls/pings. It’s likely they are awaiting lab results and/or pursuing subpoenas for access to other information as this case unfolds.

Undoubtedly the heat is ramping up on the suspect/s. Such pressure is almost always beneficial.

Just catching up on this thread from overnight.
According to her social media, she has a long-term boyfriend but the status is "engaged", not "married". She posted frequently, and recently. (But not since she went missing).
If I'm understanding this correctly, Veronica is either married or engaged? And her husband/fiancee is the person who found her vehicle near the Four Corners meeting location and reported it to LE. Do I have that correct?

OSBI agents have been in the Oklahoma panhandle to investigate the disappearance, and spokesman Hunter McKee said evidence found in the car indicated foul play. Schools in Yarbrough, Oklahoma were locked down on Tuesday as a precaution, because the car was found three miles away.
*Could they have picked up the kids at the school? Or maybe a trade off in the parking lot.

"We are still searching for these victims and there are no arrests at this time," OSBI said in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member