Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Do you think if they are searching in the correct spot he may talk? To avoid the no body no parole at the last minute, and with no body no parole what if police find her on there own information does that still apply?

Parole only matters if you are convicted.

He hasn't even stood trial yet.

I think he'd be more concerned about firstly whether he is likely to be found guilty at all, then for how long, before

even thinking about parole.

If they find SM,

that could make things interesting for the accused

He is still hoping, SM won't be found

And the police don't have damning evidence

And he'll get an acquittal

This is of course he's still remaining silent

If he did it, I'm sure he's hoping that there is not enough proof.

If he didn't do it and really doesn't know where the body is, well of course he wouldn't be able to tell them where she is.

The police do seem to be certain that they have the right person.
If he didn't do it, surely he'd be denying it to anyone who'll listen, and applying for bail and generally doing whatever he could to be believed. Or is that just me?
MOO

Praying this search is successful and she can be brought home to her family for burial. It seems they have a specific area so I hope that is a good sign that she's there based on a digital trail, cameras, etc.

I think the specific area may be in the North East section of Enfield State Park. Closer to Ballarat.
In a way, this park seems a more likely place where PS may have dumped Sam. Outside his area, but not too far away. So he wouldn't be missed by being gone for too long.

This HS article has a photo of today's police staging area, which is in Napolean's Recreation Reserve (outside the NE section of the Enfield State Park).

'Doing everything we can': Police in new search for Samantha Murphy

The Enfield State Park is the massive forest to the left of and below the staging area.
b.jpg
Google Maps

If 5 pm ping is correct,
it might mean the accused was allegedly transporting the victim late afternoon.
When the dusk was approaching.

JMO
Except with day light savings in the middle of summer, dusk would not have been for many hours.

Do you think if they are searching in the correct spot he may talk? To avoid the no body no parole at the last minute, and with no body no parole what if police find her on there own information does that still apply?
Apparently he hasn't cooperated from the get go. So even if he talks now about where SM is, and he is found guilty, the judge can make a ruling that if parole is requested, the fact that he didn't initially co-operate be taken into consideration at that time. This has been discussed previously.

I think the specific area may be in the North East section of Enfield State Park. Closer to Ballarat.
In a way, this park seems a more likely place where PS may have dumped Sam. Outside his area, but not too far away. So he wouldn't be missed by being gone for too long.

This HS article has a photo of today's police staging area, which is in Napolean's Recreation Reserve (outside the NE section of the Enfield State Park).

'Doing everything we can': Police in new search for Samantha Murphy

The Enfield State Park is the massive forest to the left of and below the staging area.
View attachment 496391
Google Maps
That's interesting, and clears up the question of cadaver dogs being used in the past if true. (Link in the quoted post. It says this is the first time they've been used in the search for Samantha.) Hopefully they can use the dogs for as long as needed without being rushed and that they have success.

True, but it seems every MSM outlet is reporting he's not cooperating and has given a "no comment" to police questioning. To me, that doesn't sound like an innocent person's actions. MOO
Innocent until found guilty. He has a right to remain silent and we should not be judging him for exercising his rights.

Apparently he hasn't cooperated from the get go. So even if he talks now about where SM is, and he is found guilty, the judge can make a ruling that if parole is requested, the fact that he didn't initially co-operate be taken into consideration at that time. This has been discussed previously.
BBM--I don't remember seeing a link though. It might have been wishful thinking.

That's interesting, and clears up the question of cadaver dogs being used in the past if true. (Link in the quoted post. It says this is the first time they've been used in the search for Samantha.) Hopefully they can use the dogs for as long as needed without being rushed and that they have success.
Hopefully this means that they may have a pretty good idea that this is the area Sam may be in??

Nothing today, but they’re searching again tomorrow. Hopefully this means their intel is solid and they feel pretty confident about this area, as I don’t believe they re-searched the last site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back