NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

Lots of earlier church discussion , fwiw..
Haha how do you always do that so quickly @dotr it always amazes me! :p

Ok, so I quickly flicked through, it may be that there was assummption he had spoken to someone at church, I couldn't find a definite "yes, he did" but maybe someone else will remeber better if they found that out.

IMHO JJ would not have made a call to anyone from his cell phone if someone picked him up in a car & offered to take him directly to the school parking lot. If that was what happened, he would have gotten to the H.S. earlier than planned, not later. Plus, his co-worker picking him up didn't have a cell-phone (which I suspect he was aware of). So, he couldn't get ahold of her directly.

I don't think JJ would have willingly gotten into a car unless he thought he was going to be driven directly to the H.S. parking lot. As has been discussed, he didn't have a lot of time to linger/make another stop/etc. Obviously, this is just IMHO.

In any case - if the car possibility is what actually happened, then something occurred after he got into the car that led to his vanishing.

As has also been discussed, I seriously doubt that someone tried to get JJ into the car under duress - considering the time of day & the fact that JJ was a young adult male.
I agree with all of what you said. And JJ was a super responsibility young man, from everything Ive read, so he certainly would not accept a ride to anywhere other than the high school.

So dotr, and other longtimers here, have we completely eliminated the possibility that JJ fell down into a construction zone or similar. Over the years, apparently his mom and others have mentioned storm drainage work, etc. going on at the time of JJs appearance, and this is one factor that should be able to be completely ruled out due to checking on the work going on at the time. I forget what we came up with in this regard. Also, as a side note, I really have to wonder what JJs younger brother thinks happened and I would like to also hear from his brothers perspective all of the details on what happened that morning. I wish his brother would chime in here, as I do see he is active on social media but of course would never ask him anything, even if it wasnt against WS rules.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too, @Gilderoy Lockhart Jr, but figured it was a mistake/etc.

Mrs. J also posted that in one of the earlier threads many years ago.

Do you have a link? That would certainly put a different light on things if he was ‘waiting (in front of the house) for a ride”, rather than walking some distance to meet up with someone.

So dotr, and other longtimers here, have we completely eliminated the possibility that JJ fell down into a construction zone or similar. Over the years, apparently his mom and others have mentioned storm drainage work, etc. going on at the time of JJs appearance, and this is one factor that should be able to be completely ruled out due to checking on the work going on at the time. I forget what we came up with in this regard.

After extensively researching the case, I find it almost impossible that JJ fell down in a crevice/gap/hole re: some kind of street work. If this happened, you would also have to believe that he became so severely injured that he couldn't call for help; eventually succumbed to his injuries; and still hasn't been found.

The reason I don't believe this is because JJ was very familiar with these streets - as a pedestrian. By all accounts, he had been taking walks down these very streets in the evening(s) leading up to his vanishing. And, his walk to the H.S. was mid-morning on a presumably sunny day (IIRC the weather reports didn't indicate rain/inclement weather that day). So, visibility should have been fine. And, he should have been able to easily avoid any kind of street work by bypassing this and/or taking alternate routes (if necessary), etc.

Is there a slight chance that this happened to him anyway & that he still hasn't been found?! Good question. I did get the impression that the entire neighborhood/area was searched after he vanished - both by the authorities and/or people in the community.

Last edited:
After extensively researching the case, I find it almost impossible that JJ fell down in a crevice/gap/hole re: some kind of street work. If this happened, you would also have to believe that he became so severely injured that he couldn't call for help; eventually succumbed to his injuries; and still hasn't been found.

The reason I don't believe this is because JJ was very familiar with these streets - as a pedestrian. By all accounts, he had been taking walks down these very streets in the evening(s) leading up to his vanishing. And, his walk to the H.S. was mid-morning on a presumably sunny day (IIRC the weather reports didn't indicate rain/inclement weather that day). So, visibility should have been fine. And, he should have been able to easily avoid any kind of street work by bypassing this and/or taking alternate routes (if necessary), etc.

Is there a slight chance that this happened to him anyway & that he still hasn't been found?! Good question. I did get the impression that the entire neighborhood/area was searched after he vanished - both by the authorities and/or people in the community.
Yes, I do tend to agree with this, that JJ didnt have some kind of construction mishap.

Omaha currently ranks as the worst city in America for drugs.

Perhaps a drug dealer mistook him for someone who owed them money.
Seems a stretch. The timing, the location, the victim, the circumstances. I can't envisage that a confrontation of this nature took place. It seems that whatever happened to Jason happened quickly and quietly.

It'd be interesting to get the brother's take. It's entirely possible Jason stopped somewhere on his way to the school on behalf of his brother, or in regards to something having to do with his brother. Responsible or not, he'd potentially take a brief detour for a family member.

Does anyone know if the brother was as avid a church-goer as Jason?

I’ve read many opinions about people suspecting JJ’s coworkers of ill intent but I always wondered why no one mentioned the possibility of one of the restaurant’s customers being a suspect.

The restaurant was busy but understaffed at the time. I’m sure any plans discussed would have been out in the open versus behind closed doors. Maybe someone overheard the employees discuss calling JJ in early and his coworker offering to pick him up from the school parking lot.

Of course, this person would have to know JJ and his address… but they would also have knowledge of his sudden change of schedule/short stroll to the school parking lot.

I’ve read many opinions about people suspecting JJ’s coworkers of ill intent but I always wondered why no one mentioned the possibility of one of the restaurant’s customers being a suspect.

The restaurant was busy but understaffed at the time. I’m sure any plans discussed would have been out in the open versus behind closed doors. Maybe someone overheard the employees discuss calling JJ in early and his coworker offering to pick him up from the school parking lot.

Of course, this person would have to know JJ and his address… but they would also have knowledge of his sudden change of schedule/short stroll to the school parking lot.
I believe the possibility of a similar scenario was mentioned in a previous thread on here, but it was a while ago.

According to Google, Fazoli's opens at 10:30. Assuming it was the same in 2001, they likely called Jason in before the restaurant opened. This is based on the fact that they agreed to meet at the school at 11. My guess is that they called him in before seeing if it was busty as a precaution because one or two people had possibly already called out that morning. This is of course assuming that Fazoli's was not involved in any way, and their calling Jason in was just an unfortunate coincidence. But like I said before, I don't like coincidences, so it's hard to clear them completely.

I don't like coincidences, so it's hard to clear them completely.
Me neither. I think in this case it's correlated rather than causal. He was headed to the school (on foot), because of work. It stands to reason that maybe he stopped that day at wherever he was going on his more recent evening walks.

On the other hand, I'd still check if the employees who were out that day, creating the short staffing situation, are otherwise accounted for in the time frame he disappeared. That's not a long time, but would be good to know nonetheless. Then you'd need motive, but there could be many. It's even possible he was headed to the school but a different employee than his ride got to him first, "Miss Ride called and said she couldn't make it to the school, so I'm here to take you." Then you have a known person, a valid-ish reason, and fewer than 10 seconds of visible interaction on the street, none of which looks suspicious if even seen. Miss Ride may or may not have been in on it. This could work because someone who knew Jason might know he'd be easier to overtake than he looked, or there was more than one person who took him. Getting him in the car would be the hardest part in theory, but he'd likely get right in. It seems that LE didn't find anything on that scenario, but could've happened.

Me neither. I think in this case it's correlated rather than causal. He was headed to the school (on foot), because of work. It stands to reason that maybe he stopped that day at wherever he was going on his more recent evening walks.

On the other hand, I'd still check if the employees who were out that day, creating the short staffing situation, are otherwise accounted for in the time frame he disappeared. That's not a long time, but would be good to know nonetheless. Then you'd need motive, but there could be many. It's even possible he was headed to the school but a different employee than his ride got to him first, "Miss Ride called and said she couldn't make it to the school, so I'm here to take you." Then you have a known person, a valid-ish reason, and fewer than 10 seconds of visible interaction on the street, none of which looks suspicious if even seen. Miss Ride may or may not have been in on it. This could work because someone who knew Jason might know he'd be easier to overtake than he looked, or there was more than one person who took him. Getting him in the car would be the hardest part in theory, but he'd likely get right in. It seems that LE didn't find anything on that scenario, but could've happened.
Miss Ride was cleared by LE, she was spoken to extensively by them by all reports. She is a former schoolmate of JJs and offered to pick him up at the school or was asked to by their boss. It mustve been very difficult for her in the aftermath. WSer Tyler Matthew has looked into every aspect of this case over the years, and I agree that coincidences cannot be ruled out completely. IMO this was foul play due to someone along the route that JJ took, or in general vicinity that perhaps JJ had plans with that had to be cancelled.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal