NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 years next year since Jason vanished without a trace yet not a single shred of clues or even leads to what became of him have surfaced and i have been following the case for several years truly bizarre.

20 years next year since Jason vanished without a trace yet not a single shred of clues or even leads to what became of him have surfaced and i have been following the case for several years truly bizarre.

Just heard that Samuel Sherman has been found. Don't know any details, not even, if he was found alive.

Just heard that Samuel Sherman has been found. Don't know any details, not even, if he was found alive.
Yes, found by me lol. Sorry if the post was unclear. He is alive and lives in Iowa. I found his Facebook profile and contacted him through there. He basically told me that the police had already supposedly cleared him back in 2001, but that they didn't update it. He did not know he was even listed as missing- which is what quite a few of us on here already suspected all along.

oh yes i have heard he is alive and well and was suprised his name is on namUs even though his parents repoted him missing back in 2001 and was found days later and the police knew about it yet failed to update their files truly unprofessional smh

Yes, found by me lol. Sorry if the post was unclear. He is alive and lives in Iowa. I found his Facebook profile and contacted him through there. He basically told me that the police had already supposedly cleared him back in 2001, but that they didn't update it. He did not know he was even listed as missing- which is what quite a few of us on here already suspected all along.

Matthew, sorry … your post was very clear. Somehow I just missed it. Anyway, I'm happy that he is well. At the same time am surprised that his name has been so many years on the missing persons list!

It's strange because didn't you speak to a member of LE about Samuel Sherman prior to this, and he didn't have a clue?

It's strange because didn't you speak to a member of LE about Samuel Sherman prior to this, and he didn't have a clue?
Yup, Sgt Brett Schrage. I requested the Sherman files back in January and Schrage wrote me back saying that it's an open case so they can't release the files. He also said some of the information they had on him was incorrect. I emailed him a few days ago and haven't heard back. Maybe they'd only want Samuel to reach out and confirm himself. Sure he won't be doing that.

Hey Guys, BIG UPDATE: Not about Jason unfortunately, but I can now tell y'all that Samuel Sherman has been located. I found someone on a database that had info similar to his, and I reached out to him on Facebook. He isn't much of a talker, and I did not bother to push him about anything. I mentioned JJ in passing but I doubt he knows anything or was in the area long. According to him, the police caught up to him days after being reported missing. Guess they never updated their files. Now we can officially rule out a connection between Jason and Sam.
Oh, and by the way , Sherman is only his middle name. This likely explains why he or anyone else never knew that he was still labeled missing.
Wow! Thank you!

Glad to hear that Samuel Sherman's status has been cleared up. Nice work, MatthewTyler! Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but the fact that his file was never updated doesn't exactly make me confident in the Omaha P.D.'s handling of missing persons cases from that time. (MT, if I'm misunderstanding what happened, please correct me). I sincerely hope that there isn't similar paperwork/investigative confusion hindering Jason's case.

Glad to hear that Samuel Sherman's status has been cleared up. Nice work, MatthewTyler! Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but the fact that his file was never updated doesn't exactly make me confident in the Omaha P.D.'s handling of missing persons cases from that time. (MT, if I'm misunderstanding what happened, please correct me). I sincerely hope that there isn't similar paperwork/investigative confusion hindering Jason's case.
I don't think Kelly would let that happen. She seems like a strong personality type that would be on them constantly for updates and to investigate certain avenues. It must be hard for them in a case where there are no clues or suspects. But the initial 10 days of waiting is where they certainly dropped the ball.

That is AMAZING!
Well done MT. Absolutely amazing.
That also changes some of the possibilities I had for JJ. Unless there is any chance at all JJ is with Samuel?
Phenomenal job Captain Tyler.
Nope Sam and Jason have absolutley no connection whatsoever Sam isnt even from Omaha he was most likely on holiday there. Now Jason case is back to square one with not even a lead unlike when we all thought Samuel Sherman dissaperence was linked

Nothing quite like this case is there?
So. I mean, if someone did murder him and want to bury him out in a place away from the city, how long of a drive might that be? Would someone risk carrying a body in their vehicle for an hour? Two?
Maybe for a guaranteed safe burial place?

Nothing quite like this case is there?
So. I mean, if someone did murder him and want to bury him out in a place away from the city, how long of a drive might that be? Would someone risk carrying a body in their vehicle for an hour? Two?
Maybe for a guaranteed safe burial place?

From Omaha, you can be out in rural farmland within 30 minutes in any direction. However, a lot of that land is probably used by farmers for growing food, so there would be a decent chance that he would have been found by now if it was a simple dump job or shallow grave (but you never know). I still wouldn't be shocked if he's buried on private property, either a homestead or somewhere in the neighborhood. Could be as simple as someone putting in a new patio and throwing him under the concrete.The fact that nothing of his has ever surfaced either (hat, Work shirt, phone , wallet, etc) leads me to think it all got buried with him

From Omaha, you can be out in rural farmland within 30 minutes in any direction. However, a lot of that land is probably used by farmers for growing food, so there would be a decent chance that he would have been found by now if it was a simple dump job or shallow grave (but you never know). I still wouldn't be shocked if he's buried on private property, either a homestead or somewhere in the neighborhood. Could be as simple as someone putting in a new patio and throwing him under the concrete.The fact that nothing of his has ever surfaced either (hat, Work shirt, phone , wallet, etc) leads me to think it all got buried with him

Right! I'm thinking that so far we can rule out suicide. There is always the case of another "Brian Barton" where he's found in a very secluded or hidden spot. But I guess we'll have to go with the most likely at the moment. He was on foot so likely wouldn't have gone far from home and would have been found by now, most likely anyway.
30 minutes any direction. I like those odds. I've also considered the idea of a backyard burial. There are a lot of homes in that area with high shrubs and fences for blocking the view of what is going on. Possible to do a lot without being noticed.
That or runaway for unknown reasons.
The endless loop

I was thinking along similar lines. That said, I think it would be difficult to bungle Jason's case given the lack of leads they had to go on. Apparently, they questioned everyone at Fazoli's, while Jason's family didn't have any inkling as to who might have taken him.

I believe we're looking at an older male who took Jason. The secret of Jason's disappearance belongs to him. He might be a loner with no immediate family, or someone incredibly organized and leading a double-life, if we're looking at a sexual/romantic tryst. With this in mind, I'm not particularly surprised that Jason has not turned up. Unless the man has an attack of conscience (if he's still alive), the secret remains dead and buried. Like @MatthewTyler said, Jason's remains might be found on some rural property out in the sticks where no one has reason to pry.

If it was someone that Jason got to know at least somewhat well, then the potential angles to look at are the places he spent the most time outside his home: work and church. He spent at least 2 hours a week at church, sometimes even taking "extra" hours. I wonder if there was someone there who he got to know. His parents would never dare accuse anyone at the church, probably never even crossed their minds at all. Of course that murks up when you factor in the limited time he had for something to happen on his way to the school. Someone from the church would had to have had some communication with him that morning to know where he'd be. The search on his computer presumably didn't show any of that, and I'm assuming his phone records didn't either. An immediate neighbor would be tough to form a tryst with, as that is very close range and other neighbors could potentially have seen it. My guess is that if this was a grooming situation, it was likely one-sided. Jason might have thought he was making a confidant or "father figure", but got more than he bargained for. And maybe given Jason's age, it's possible that the perp wasn't seeing it as a grooming. Maybe they thought that Jason could have actually been interested (as opposed to a child who a predator knows they are simply manipulating) but then lashed out when it turns out Jason wasn't.

If it was someone that Jason got to know at least somewhat well, then the potential angles to look at are the places he spent the most time outside his home: work and church. He spent at least 2 hours a week at church, sometimes even taking "extra" hours. I wonder if there was someone there who he got to know. His parents would never dare accuse anyone at the church, probably never even crossed their minds at all. Of course that murks up when you factor in the limited time he had for something to happen on his way to the school. Someone from the church would had to have had some communication with him that morning to know where he'd be. The search on his computer presumably didn't show any of that, and I'm assuming his phone records didn't either. An immediate neighbor would be tough to form a tryst with, as that is very close range and other neighbors could potentially have seen it. My guess is that if this was a grooming situation, it was likely one-sided. Jason might have thought he was making a confidant or "father figure", but got more than he bargained for. And maybe given Jason's age, it's possible that the perp wasn't seeing it as a grooming. Maybe they thought that Jason could have actually been interested (as opposed to a child who a predator knows they are simply manipulating) but then lashed out when it turns out Jason wasn't.

I agree that it was most likely someone either from a regular place he frequented such as the church (and we do know this kind of thing happens with church staff!) or a sex offender neighbour. Hopefully, at least the possibles re. SO neighbours were looked at thoroughly or monitored, as sometimes it requires a second or third look.

I have been trying to find information about Omaha and Jason's neighborhood. As I have never visited Nebraska it is hard to imagine its atmosphere and people living in there. Of course, if there was some kind of pervert living there, it doesn't matter, if most of them were nice and friendly. How did that neighborhood look like in 2001? This is a photo of N 48. street and Bedford Avenue which I found. Though I knew, it was a residential area, this looks very country side, no?

Attachments

• 2826-513a72e5e5a17164103ae85a11cfad16.jpg.png
    2826-513a72e5e5a17164103ae85a11cfad16.jpg.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 31
Somebody thought about possible connection between disappearances of Jason and Brandon Perry. They are about the same age and there's just two months between their disappearances. Of course, have very different backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa